• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

FE4 had doubling tied to a skill, it is without question the worst use of skills in the series.

I personally love Fates' skills, all the stat debuffs adds an interesting layer to strategy as well as things like lunge and post-battle damage and passive buffs. Personal skills are a wonderful idea too. I'd like to see some scrolls of the class skill placed throughout the game like with FE9/10, but otherwise I think gaining skills through levelup and having a hard limit of five class skills is pretty much perfect.

Conquest goes way overboard with bullshit skill combos at the end, 3-range lunge, 3-range with 40% chip just from engaging in combat, goddamn 5-range lunge

I'd agree that prior to chapter 25, the game plays mostly fair though (aside from some bullshit throne bosses/Siegbert's paralogue)

Rutger

Banned
Conquest goes way overboard with bullshit skill combos at the end, 3-range lunge, 3-range with 40% chip just from engaging in combat, goddamn 5-range lunge

I'd agree that prior to chapter 25, the game plays mostly fair though (aside from some bullshit throne bosses/Siegbert's paralogue)

I'll have to see for myself once I get to that point, sounds crazy though.

I'll probably be able to forgive a few maps of ridiculous skills when I'm enjoying the rest of the game.

jnWake

I feel so old news here talking about Awakening but I'm really loving the game. I recently took the time to start raising my child units and it's ridiculous how good they are. Similar stats to the parents with like 10-15 levels less lol.

Also, Cynthia's support conversations with Lucina (as sisters) are great. They aren't the typical funny support you see in Awakening so they really stand out.

I feel so old news here talking about Awakening but I'm really loving the game. I recently took the time to start raising my child units and it's ridiculous how good they are. Similar stats to the parents with like 10-15 levels less lol.

Also, Cynthia's support conversations with Lucina (as sisters) are great. They aren't the typical funny support you see in Awakening so they really stand out.

Awakening, what's that, some Fates prototype? /s

CdFTZ1hWoAAJ0ez.png

edgy robin~

Renewed

Oh yeah and (for the sake of someone that's playing Awakening)
power of friendship prevents Robin from dying, oh man it's all there

Renewed

Who's gonna spend money on the child sprite badges? I'm really tempted to...

shit I got 4 plays from the training centre, make or break time.

I missed Ophelia... RIP

I like childrens, if they do like FE4 ou Agarest Wars.

But changing half of your army in the middle of the game can be a letdown. Missing your fave characters. Or 70% of your army is from an "imortal" race >_>.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I've just seen that new progress is being made on Fire Emblem 3 and 4 translations :). The Project Naga guys have posted a demo video of a new translation patch here: http://bookofholsety.tumblr.com/tagged/project-naga
and the guy doing the Mystery of the Emblem translation has posted he will continue working on the patch here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49096&page=4
Maybe I will be able to get the remaining Fire Emblems (the SNES ones) as worthy Repros some day afterall :). I can live with some wonky translations of parts of the games, but I really want my SNES games to be fully functional and to have every important thing (so in particular the fighting) translated.

I hope they aren't still using two dice for that.

2 RN exists entirely because people think 95%=100% and 10%=0%, so might as well skew it towards that

you think the complaining about low hits hitting/high hits missing is bad now, imagine if Fates used pure 1 RN (it doesn't, we can see that much at least)

Xbro

I've just seen that new progress is being made on Fire Emblem 3 and 4 translations :). The Project Naga guys have posted a demo video of a new translation patch here: http://bookofholsety.tumblr.com/tagged/project-naga
and the guy doing the Mystery of the Emblem translation has posted he will continue working on the patch here:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=49096&page=4
Maybe I will be able to get the remaining Fire Emblems (the SNES ones) as worthy Repros some day afterall :). I can live with some wonky translations of parts of the games, but I really want my SNES games to be fully functional and to have every important thing (so in particular the fighting) translated.

Maybe I should wait for this before I try out FE3.

Renewed

lol how much have you guys spent on badges

proud to say I've spent $0

I bought my first 5 plays today so I could get Ophelia and finish the set with Soleil/Velouria. I'll see how the next few days go with practice badges and if I can get 5 plays again through it.

Top Bottom