• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Chrom

Serenesforest.net is like the central hub for Fire Emblem stuff.

In fact that site should probably be in the OP.

Haha, good timing as I wanted to check in with this thread specifically to provide an update about that.

I never did get around to finishing updating the OP like I wanted to! I remember spending a night working on it about a week ago but I actually lost my progress and got too bummed from that to get back to it right away. The holiday season and other unrelated matters got me a little too occupied to finish by now, but now that things are more cleared up for I could try to finally get some things done this weekend.

In any case, yeah, Serenesforest.net is pretty much the site. The webmaster actually posts around here on occasion, even.

akaoni

Banned
Serenesforest.net is like the central hub for Fire Emblem stuff.

In fact that site should probably be in the OP.

>Just played through PoR
XS5LK.gif

Level Olivia up to 30 (haha, good luck) and reclass her to Assassin or Swordmaster. You'll never need another unit again.

Proudest moment in Awakening was managing to beat Infinite Regalia as soon as I could access the Bonus Box. On Lunatic. Shit is hard.

lol, even grinding with Donnel is more efficient than that

as for Radiant Dawn, character balance between different groups is horrendous (why is the DB so weak)

No leadership stars vs. bunch of leadership stars

no, I wish the only difference was Ike's 3 leadership stars (speaking of that, wtf is up with Micaiah having ZERO leadership stars???)

I never actually got those. What do they even DO? I mean, I assume more stars is better, but were they ever explained in the game?

+5 hit/avoid per star, I think only stars from the "leader" count though (which is lame)

summary of "commanders" throughout the game:
Micaiah (0 stars) throughout all of part 1, 3-6, 3-12, 3-13, 4-P, and 4-3
Elincia (3 stars) in 2-P and 2-E
Nephenee (0 stars, also lolwut) in 2-1
Lucia (2 stars) in 2-2
Geoffrey (3 stars) in 2-3 and 3-9
Ike (3 stars) in 3-P to 3-5, 3-7, 3-8, 3-10, 3-11, 3-E, 4-1, 4-4, and Endgame
Tibarn (4 stars) in 4-2 and 4-5

y2dvd

I can't even get pass Chapter 3 in Lunatic mode lol. I'm trying to ride Fedrick to victory but weapon endurance does not last long whatsoever and I can't pull aggro properly. Lunatic mode basically turns this completely into a puzzle game lol.

I can't even get pass Chapter 3 in Lunatic mode lol. I'm trying to ride Fedrick to victory but weapon endurance does not last long whatsoever and I can't pull aggro properly. Lunatic mode basically turns this completely into a puzzle game lol.

You need Fred for those early levels. I guess if you're up to Chapter 3, you got past that nasty Hammer bro, at least.

akaoni

Banned
I'm getting beat on the 2nd level of Radiant Dawn, first time I was taken by surprise so I got serious, then the second time nobody died, except I had the silver haired character be rescued like 2 turns before with 1 hp, and GAME OVER just popped randomly. Pretty sure the host didn't get hit either, is there an explanation?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm getting beat on the 2nd level of Radiant Dawn, first time I was taken by surprise so I got serious, then the second time nobody died, except I had the silver haired character be rescued like 2 turns before with 1 hp, and GAME OVER just popped randomly. Pretty sure the host didn't get hit either, is there an explanation?
Are you sure you're meeting all Victory/Defeat conditions?

HawthorneKitty

That's part of what makes RD (and other FE) great though; your objective isn't always killkillkill like in Awakening.

akaoni

Banned
I just failed again by losing a unit at the back when I needed my next turn to escape. Game is very tight, I hope they can keep it up the whole way through.

I just failed again by losing a unit at the back when I needed my next turn to escape. Game is very tight, I hope they can keep it up the whole way through.

RD is a bit inconsistent, but overall it's great. They tried a lot of new stuff, some of which pays off really well and some of which doesn't.

It can also be pretty darn difficult in parts. I remember the first few levels taking me by surprise as well.

I still need to get around to Radiant Dawn. I'll probably start sometime after the first of the year.

no, I wish the only difference was Ike's 3 leadership stars (speaking of that, wtf is up with Micaiah having ZERO leadership stars???)

its cuz shes a woman

im joking please pls dont hurt me pls

The support system is totally mystifying me in FE7. I've been grouping my characters adjacent to one another but I've yet to get one support rank for anybody. I'm at Chapter 13 fyi.

Pau

I have only played the new 3DS FE and I have to say it was amazing. Any recommendations on which one to play next?
How much are you willing to pay to play a game?

Fire Emblem (7) for GBA is probably the cheapest one you'll find used. You can't really go wrong with any of the entries although people don't like Shadow Dragon too much. The problem is how expensive the older games can be. :/

The support system is totally mystifying me in FE7. I've been grouping my characters adjacent to one another but I've yet to get one support rank for anybody. I'm at Chapter 13 fyi.

Characters gain points by being next to each other. You need to gain a certain amount of points to reach the next support rank. Each pair gains points at different speeds, start with different initial amounts of points together.

For example, Eliwood and Hector have a high number of starting points and gain at a pretty fast speed so it would only take a few turns of them together to reach level C.

Generally, people who already know each other, have a good base points and would gain support points slightly faster.

Codeblue

Awakening and Pokemon

No, I mean the one for SNES. Shadow Dragon is a decent remake but ruined for me by its battle graphics. I played most of both and Blazing Sword last summer.

Was New Mystery much different from FE3 Book 2? Seems like they placed a pretty big emphasis on the My Unit that didn't exist in the original.

I've beaten the game once with some deaths. I've restarted in casual mode and put it on hard. Anything I should be doing to make a second play through better? I just can't see how people have put so much time into this game.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
A lot of the supports in FE7 were a nightmare to get. Just endless rounds of questionably-compatible chumps shuffling awkwardly in adjacent squares getting to know one another for them juicy stat boosts.

'S why Pent's the best mage and Louise is the best sniper. Join already married. Instant A support, no drawn-out courtship. Get on their level, everybody else.

I've beaten the game once with some deaths. I've restarted in casual mode and put it on hard. Anything I should be doing to make a second play through better? I just can't see how people have put so much time into this game.

Playing on lunatic, min/maxing the child units, grinding a lot for fun or support convos, dlc? All possible

Makai

Was New Mystery much different from FE3 Book 2? Seems like they placed a pretty big emphasis on the My Unit that didn't exist in the original.
Oh, I now realize I was confused. I thought New Mystery = Shadow Dragon. I have not played New Mystery at all.

My Unit is just an OP unit that doesn't do much in the story, unlike its Awakening counterpart

and by the way, you guys should try FE12, it's so much better than Shadow Dragon

B.K.

I'm half way through Awakening. Just killed
Gangrel.

Which Japanese Fire Emblem games have good fan translations? I want to play some of the older games eventually, but it sounds like most of the fan translations are horrible.

Sounds like a bootleg.

Yup, my copy of FE7 ended up being bootleg as well, it looks genuine enough but there's a few small details/text missing in the interior of the cart itself to give it away aside from the whole data wiping and possible freezing, fortunately I was at least able to finish it before it first wiped out.
It's a shame that there's so many fake GBA games out there.

KefkaTiMe

Neo Member
How much are you willing to pay to play a game?

Fire Emblem (7) for GBA is probably the cheapest one you'll find used. You can't really go wrong with any of the entries although people don't like Shadow Dragon too much. The problem is how expensive the older games can be. :/

Price isnt too much of a problem for me, more interested in what in concisered the best in the series prior to awakening. I have a Wii but was LTTP so do not have a lot of games for it, same with the GC.

HawthorneKitty

Price isnt too much of a problem for me, more interested in what in concisered the best in the series prior to awakening. I have a Wii but was LTTP so do not have a lot of games for it, same with the GC.
Path of Radiance is the best.

I'm currently blowing through Awakening, my first FE game. I'm loving it and I decided to look into the Wii game to play next. Then I saw the price it's going for. Now I have a sad.

Also with regard to S Support Rank/marriage:
Donnel and Lissa have married, mated, and created a child. This after Lissa called herself Donnel's "big sister" in every conversation prior to his proposal. Weird!

I'm currently blowing through Awakening, my first FE game. I'm loving it and I decided to look into the Wii game to play next. Then I saw the price it's going for. Now I have a sad.

I'll make you even more sad by saying that you really should play the GCN game before the Wii game, and have you check out the price tag on that. :(

Path of Radiance is totally worth it tho.

After about a week and a half of playing Fire Emblem: Awakening, I finally beat the game. Man, this game made me remember how much I love this series. Probably my favorite next to the original GBA game. That final level when the music kicks in...

Got Awakening for Christmas but only up to Chapter 4 right now because other games taking up time I know should be going to this. That said, I'm liking it so far but man, I miss sprites.

Boney

Banned
My Unit is just an OP unit that doesn't do much in the story, unlike its Awakening counterpart

and by the way, you guys should try FE12, it's so much better than Shadow Dragon
He's way cooler though
I love the man crush him and Marth share

Top Bottom