• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

You know, I keep thinking instead of the whole weird voice acting thing, that they should stick to just the whole mouths moving with bleeping sounds with occasional narration.

I mean it was just awkward as hell hearing random intermittent snips of voice. I'm totally fine with shouts during combat like Lucina's "I challenge my fate!", but in base convos and support stuff like that I vastly prefer just reading it.

That is unless they were to voice act all the lines so it would be less awkward but that would cost a lot. Instead they leave it at this weird cost compromise that doesn't have neither charm of old school beep text or the polished feel of full voice acting.

Gazoinks

You know, I keep thinking instead of the whole weird voice acting thing, that they should stick to just the whole mouths moving with bleeping sounds with occasional narration.

I mean it was just awkward as hell hearing random intermittent snips of voice. I'm totally fine with shouts during combat like Lucina's "I challenge my fate!", but in base convos and support stuff like that I vastly prefer just reading it.

That is unless they were to voice act all the lines so it would be less awkward but that would cost a lot. Instead they leave it at this weird cost compromise that doesn't have neither charm of old school beep text or the polished feel of full voice acting.

I don't really mind the voiced exclamations when it's stuff like "but..." or expressions of surprise and stuff. It gets weird when they're really specific and they're used in random contexts though, like Owain's "My hand... hungers" while talking about cake.

Javier

Worst voice-acted line is probably Cherche's "Who are you?". I can't recall a scene where that line actually fit the dialogue it was used with.

Gazoinks

Think about it though. If we didn't have voiced lines we wouldn't have Gregor's voiced lines! And the removal of those would be a crime against humanity. "Good grieving"

GamerSoul

I like the little snippets of voice acting. It gives the characters more personality and a cheesy punch line. I know there's only a limited recordings for each character but it's still a nice touch, imo.

Off the top of my head: Lucina, Sully, Nah, Lonqu, Severa, Tharja, the avatar ones, are all good.

Just finished Chapter 20 and lost Tharja. The way I'm going, I'm going to have to start training other characters soon.

Stay strong.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I don't really mind the voiced exclamations when it's stuff like "but..." or expressions of surprise and stuff. It gets weird when they're really specific and they're used in random contexts though, like Owain's "My hand... hungers" while talking about cake.

Seems entirely fitting, really.

That hand has a bit of a sweet tooth.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Think about it though. If we didn't have voiced lines we wouldn't have Gregor's voiced lines! And the removal of those would be a crime against humanity. "Good grieving"

What about Fredericks "pick a god and pray" (favourite quote of the game), you wouldn't be thinking to yourself oh snap he deaaad...

Branson

At this point, I just want the game to be over.

At about chapter 19 I was like, ok, game, lets get this over with. I'm tired of you and want to move on to other things. Marathoned the last few chapters and could pretty much destroy everything with chrom and avatar.

B.K.

At about chapter 19 I was like, ok, game, lets get this over with. I'm tired of you and want to move on to other things. Marathoned the last few chapters and could pretty much destroy everything with chrom and avatar.

Yeah. I'm really getting tired of the game. It doesn't help that there were a few chapters that I was stuck on for days. I'm getting burned out.

Branson

Yeah. I'm really getting tired of the game. It doesn't help that there were a few chapters that I was stuck on for days. I'm getting burned out.

Yeah it gets tiring after a while. The end got me a little interested again and is worth seeing but damn was I ready for it to be over.

Jarate

Banned
Have you guys ever played Legend of Cao Cao? There's a fan translation out there, and it's fairly close to Fire Emblem in a few ways, although without the triangle of course.

B.K.

The final battle in Awakening is hard. Chrom is the only one who can do any damage and even then, he only has about a 50% hit rate.

B.K.

I got lucky in the battle and just beat Awakening. I got the ending where
the avatar sacrifices himself/herself to kill Grima for good.

B.K.

Congrats! I know you didn't love it but I hope you liked it more than you didn't.

It's not that I didn't like it. I like the series, but I always get frustrated with the games near the end when it starts getting unfair. My final playtime was almost 17 hours, but it was probably closer to 40 with all the times I reset after a death. There were a couple chapters that I was stuck on for almost a week each.

Mashing

Does it make any difference WHEN I marry off Chrom (I have unlocked S support with my FeMU well before chapter 11--before 4 even)?

McNum

Does it make any difference WHEN I marry off Chrom (I have unlocked S support with my FeMU well before chapter 11--before 4 even)?
No. If that's the pairing you're going for, then go for it. Chrom just has to be married before chapter 12, if that's before chapter 4, it's fine, too.

Hi everyone! I've been looking for the FE community thread.

I came to a realization while shuffling through Nintendo games, N64, GBA, and GC. I realized my favorite Nintendo franchise is probably Fire Emblem. With Zelda a tiny bit behind it.

Anyone else of the opinion that FE is their favorite Nintendo Franchise?

Levyne

Banned
Thanks!

Yeah, my favorite Nintendo series have been Fire Emblem, Paper Mario/Mario RPG, and whatever MonolithSoft puts out, though I do enjoy playing the Zelda games too.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well I still love Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Zelda, Metroid, Smash and Animal Crossing.
Guess I'm the biggest Nintendo fan here, heeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Oh yeah, I still love Pokemon, Zelda, Metroid, and Smash.

Just saying Fire Emblem is my favorite one. Though only by a tiny bit.

Nintendo still puts out amazing games. Pokemon is still amazing after all these years. Super excited for SSB4, I really want a 2D Metroidvania Metroid game also.

Seda

Fire Emblem is easily my favorite franchise. I've complained a fair amount about Awakening and some of the changes it made, but I still place it above most other games. I was only speaking out of love for the series. The mix of strategy and the variability in how you can approach the maps just clicks for me. I must have played 7-10 more than five times each. And I sort of have the urge to start up another FE7 file. I doubt those games will ever get old for me.

CSX

Oh man i saw this old yt vid linked from Radiant Dawn. I remember watching this repeatedly as i waited for english release lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNii2glqo5Y

Fire Emblem is easily my favorite franchise. I've complained a fair amount about Awakening and some of the changes it made, but I still place it above most other games. I was only speaking out of love for the series. The mix of strategy and the variability in how you can approach the maps just clicks for me. I must have played 7-10 more than five times each. And I sort of have the urge to start up another FE7 file. I doubt those games will ever get old for me.

And with that you're definitely one of my favorite mods :D

See this is why you are my favorite mod, you have great taste friend. I even practiced spelling your avatar's name Jazz Jackrabbit.

While I also have my complaints with FE:A, by the end of the day, it's become one of my favorite games. Sure it's grindy, and lacks the careful chapter to chapter structure that all the other games had, but It was just fun. Sacred Stones is still my favorite one though, it's the game that made the series click for me.

While on the topic of FF:SS question: Anyone know if they are ever gonna release both GBA games on the 3DS? I was never an ambassador, but I really want those 2 games on my 3DS for easy access.

Levyne

Banned
I would love to have access to those games on 3DS. I hope at least Sacred Stones shows up again for non ambassadors...

With Nintendo, guessing the odds of such things are almost impossible, though. I guess we can stick to the ballpark of "low" :(

I hope SMTxFE isn't vaporware.

Blues1990

Hi everyone! I've been looking for the FE community thread.

I came to a realization while shuffling through Nintendo games, N64, GBA, and GC. I realized my favorite Nintendo franchise is probably Fire Emblem. With Zelda a tiny bit behind it.

Anyone else of the opinion that FE is their favorite Nintendo Franchise?

The Metroid series has always been close to my heart (with the sole exception of Other M, 'cause that one doesn't exist), and a close second would be the Pikmin series.

Of course, I'm happy that Nintendo of America had given the series a chance when they had released Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword back in 2003. That one & Awakening are my favourite installments in the series.

I would love to have access to those games on 3DS. I hope at least Sacred Stones shows up again for non ambassadors...

With Nintendo, guessing the odds of such things are almost impossible, though. I guess we can stick to the ballpark of "low" :(

I hope SMTxFE isn't vaporware.

Yeah, you're probably right... guess I should keep a DS around to play the GBA games. I hope SMT X FE has Persona characters in it, lol. Honestly I don't know what to expect from that game, since we have heard nothing about it since.

Edit:
The Metroid series has always been close to my heart (with the sole exception of Other M, 'cause that one doesn't exist), and a close second would be the Pikmin series.

Of course, I'm happy that Nintendo of America had given the series a chance when they had released Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword back in 2003. That one & Awakening are my favourite installments in the series.

Yup, I too am also happy NoA gave us that first FE, even if it was the 7th in Japan. It's crazy to think the series has been in NA for over 10 years now.

mihon

Fire Emblem used to be my favorite series, but the last 3 games (yes, even FE12) left a sour taste in my mouth. They were really disapointing for me, and if the success of Awakening is any indication, future titles will not interest me much.

It doesn't help that nowadays the only game in the series that I can go back, play and have a really good time is Thracia 776. All other games pale in comparison, specially regarding the level design. Well, Path of Radiance is fun too, being the closest game to Thracia 776 in terms of mechanics. And it has fixed mode and bonus exp, which should have been a permanent feature for the series. But IS dropped it for whatever reason.

I also don't have an interest in SMT x FE. I secretly wish for Nintendo to drop it and make a real FE game for the Wii U in the vein of PoR / RD.

Played 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.

Never finished 3 though. Got up to Chiki's stage.

damnnnn that's nearly all of them
then again 1 and 3 are kinda pointless when you could play the superior 11 (LOL) and 12

(I've finished 8-13, and played a little bit of 4 and 7)

Top Bottom