• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

yami4ct

Had some difficulty on Chapter 9 mostly due to bad luck and me being dumb. Finally got that map done. Saw the next map was Defense and thought "fun!" Saw the map itself and immediately shut my 3DS. That's gonna have to wait for tomorrow.

Ninjas and Fliers on a Defense map? Oh joy. Glad I'm finally getting some flying units this chapter to help.

so according to SF, for the festival cg it was top two kids of each gender then shoving aqua as your waifu down your throat and whatever reason midori got in

i was promised oboro, nintendo

I WAS PROMISED OBORO
oboro got robbed
4k isn't that ba... oh someone already bid it... this will be hard

main.png
main.png

New 3DS themes coming out next week in Japan. They're of the top four most popular male and female characters from the popularity poll.

finally a new theme to buy

Draxal

So the children dlc sounds interesting (3 maps are out). Anybody here try it yet?

Apparently, all 4 royal kids get their father weapons (Shiro's a swordmaster as an enemy in the second map).

Both Kannas exist (female's hoshidan/male's nohrian).

Yeah I saw the Kiragi Fujin Yumi pic and I thought it looked wonky too. I'm still happy the kids get their special weapons at least in the dlc. They should've gotten them in the main game too but I'll take what I can get.

CazTGG

The annoying thing about Conquest is that you can see the outline of a more interesting game i.e. the best choice not being the easiest to make and how morality is more difficult to view than simply black or white. In the hands of, say, Yasumi Matsuno a la Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, this could have worked really well, but between the plot devices to justify the decisions made by the main characters, to the villains
killing innocent civilians to "prevent the seeds of rebellion" (in spite of the fact that there is already a rebellion in Nohr and further actions may cause the citizenry to rise up in revolt of their oppressive ruler)
that paint them in an even more one-dimensional fashion (I assume if there was a railroad in this realm, King Garon and Hans would visit it every Saturday with damsels to be dropped before cackling maniacally) and naivety of Corrin (and Azura to an extent), it just makes the story both ridiculous and insulting in the end
when Xander says things aren't always black and white...despite them literally being clad in black fighting people clad in white with freaking skulls on their armor. Like, you don't get to claim the high ground when you're on the side of people who are committing war crimes and have a literal dark blade.

Chrom

Mbc4kbP.png

Took a screen of this Azura illustration by Kozaki from a video that Nintendo just posted. Cleaned it up to remove the other signatures that were all around it. Can't do anything about the gap in the middle though.

CazTGG

On the subject of those videos, I found it a bit unusual that Kozaki mentioned in the Birthright video how he wanted to differentiate the races in Fates via the visuals, who said that it's "something you haven't seen much of in Fire Emblem up to now". This is in spite of them doing so in several previous games with how different the manakete and other races would look in comparison to the more human designs, most prominently with the different laguz in the Tellius titles.

Kozaki confirmed to be a fake geek Fire Emblem fan.

Draxal

On the subject of those videos, I found it a bit unusual that Kozaki mentioned in the Birthright video how he wanted to differentiate the races in Fates via the visuals, who said that it's "something you haven't seen much of in Fire Emblem up to now". This is in spite of them doing so in several previous games with how different the manakete and other races would look in comparison to the more human designs, most prominently with the different laguz in the Tellius titles.

Kozaki confirmed to be a fake geek Fire Emblem fan.

Um, I don't think he was talking about different species, that being said I don't see many visual difference between Nohr/Hoshidan faces /shrug.

Aters

I think it's about time for Nintendo to bring back the king: Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. The game is too good to stay unlocalized.

If they announce the remake at E3, I'd grab a NX day 1.

Aters

I'm not talking about re-release. I played the fan-translated version long ago, three times. I just want this game to be remade from the ground up, with good graphic (no 3D model please) and audio. They've remade the first two, it is reasonable to remake the third right? This game is just so good and it's really a shame that nowadays Fire Emblem is more popular than ever but many new fans don't have the chance to play this masterpiece.

Chrom

Yamagami sounded somewhat adverse to the idea of seeing FE4 remade based on that one recent interview about #FE from Nintendo Dream, but that could just be me reading too much into his comment about it. He specifically noted that a remake of FE4 would be complicated.

I'm not talking about re-release. I played the fan-translated version long ago, three times. I just want this game to be remade from the ground up, with good graphic (no 3D model please) and audio. They've remade the first two, it is reasonable to remake the third right? This game is just so good and it's really a shame that nowadays Fire Emblem is more popular than ever but many new fans don't have the chance to play this masterpiece.

poor Gaiden

Draxal

Not reasonable to remake FE4 with its plot and not expect it to get butchered. What happens to Deidre/Diadora .... is not going to be kosher.

Aters

poor Gaiden

They skipped it and remade Mystery of the Emblem, hence I assume we can comfortably ignore the possibility of Gaiden getting a remake.

Not reasonable to remake FE4 with its plot and not expect it to get butchered. What happens to Deidre/Diadora .... is not going to be kosher.

Guess you're right. Any changes to the main plot are unacceptable for me, so I will probably never get the remake I want.

CazTGG

I don't get where the idea that a potential Seisen remake would butcher the story is coming from, let alone the
horrible
thing that happens to Deirdre and Arvis considering how Fire Emblem keeps brushing up against controversial subject matter. Not saying that said brushing is good (i.e.what they did to Soleil was horrible in both the North American and Japanese versions), it's not, but I can't imagine them changing that part of the story, let alone them mishandling the dual generation since I highly doubt they would take the only game in the series to nail the marriage mechanic and butcher it with a hyperbolic plot chamber, especially with how the Love System works in that game. Really, the only complicated matter I could see in a remake of that game is in terms of design, in that people might not enjoy the giant maps that game has or, assuming they don't use the Pair Up system, how units don't support each other in combat like they do in Awakening and Fates. Worse comes to worst, the original will still be there to play. Whether the game gets localized and any changes made to it is another matter entirely.

I don't really like the "even if it's bad you can still play the original" logic because it means denying us a good Fire Emblem for a while.

I don't think you can really make Genealogy "better" without ruining what makes it special anyways, and I don't really need to play the SNES version but just with better visuals at the cost of new Fire Emblem.

Eh, there are a lot minor things that bug me about Seisen that could be improved in regards to its design (the story is another matter entirely), namely with how the giant maps place more incentive on using mounted units than other troops because of the amount of gold and other resources that can be lost by not reaching a village fast enough or luring away, say, Ayra, so that she doesn't go for any of your less mobile troops/troops that could easily be hit with a critical/why the hell was she the first character to be recruited with such an unusual recruitment requirement in that game, as well as how how ridiculous the weapons triangle bonus is in that game.

I don't really like the "even if it's bad you can still play the original" logic because it means denying us a good Fire Emblem for a while.

I don't think you can really make Genealogy "better" without ruining what makes it special anyways, and I don't really need to play the SNES version but just with better visuals at the cost of new Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom