• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

So I just got to the part where shit's gettin real dumb in conquest. It's pretty hilarious.

Manga writer, everyone.

I've actually read some of his manga before (and watched the anime adaptation of it). The gigantic leaps of logic in that show ... should have clued me into how the plot in this game was going to work out.

Eh, there are a lot minor things that bug me about Seisen that could be improved in regards to its design (the story is another matter entirely), namely with how the giant maps place more incentive on using mounted units than other troops because of the amount of gold and other resources that can be lost by not reaching a village fast enough or luring away, say, Ayra, so that she doesn't go for any of your less mobile troops/troops that could easily be hit with a critical/why the hell was she the first character to be recruited with such an unusual recruitment requirement in that game, as well as how how ridiculous the weapons triangle bonus is in that game.
Genealogy's unit balance is actually almost kind of decent for first gen just because most of your mounted units have pretty meh combat, other than Sigurd of course. Cuan is decent and Lex is good with the Hero Axe but the unmounted characters have almost universally better combat. The only reason mounted characters are better (other than the reason that they're better in every FE) is that Sigurd is just so ridiculously broken that being able to fight at all and help Sigurd is better than endlessly falling behind Sigurd. There's not really any way to fix this other than either making the maps smaller (which the game isn't Genealogy at that point any more) or making Sigurd not broken, which doesn't seem like something that would happen in modern FE (and also makes the game arguably not Genealogy). The weapon triangle isn't even as unbalanced in a 1RN game, since 20 Hit isn't as consequential as 15 in a 2RN game (I think) and 10 Hit is almost the same.

Other gameplay changes (like adding pair up, changing skills, making Pursuit not a thing) would make me just want a new FE instead. The benefits of an FE4 remake would be nicer art and having 2RN, otherwise messing with the game would just kind of not make it all that exciting for me.

After the BS that is chapter 15 Birthright (How the heck was I supposed to know?!) I just went full on Phoenix mode. I saved after the fact and I didn't have a backup, and at this point I just want to know what the story of the game is and worry about min-maxing later. Constant auto-battles get pretty tedious, though.

Lunar15

The main reason I haven't dropped difficulty from hard is because it's not like the story is good enough for me to really want to rush on through it.

plot spoilers:
Azura: Hey corrin, your dad's a demon now. Probably should have told you earlier, might have helped your decision. Oh also, only way to stop him is to put him on that chair your mom mentioned that one time. Only way to get him on that chair is to invade another country, cause the murder of thousands, and conquer and subjugate an entire people.

L95

They skipped it and remade Mystery of the Emblem, hence I assume we can comfortably ignore the possibility of Gaiden getting a remake.

I am filled with both joy and sadness at this, as I would buy a Gaiden remake twice, the sadness is if a remake happens they may actually find some silly way to make it into two games. :B

I am filled with both joy and sadness at this, as I would buy a Gaiden remake twice, the sadness is if a remake happens they may actually find some silly way to make it into two games. :B

Fire Emblem Gaiden: Rigel and Fire Emblem Gaiden: Sofia, you can buy the other for 50% off though

CazTGG

The main reason I haven't dropped difficulty from hard is because it's not like the story is good enough for me to really want to rush on through it.

plot spoilers:
Azura: Hey corrin, your dad's a demon now. Probably should have told you earlier, might have helped your decision. Oh also, only way to stop him is to put him on that chair your mom mentioned that one time. Only way to get him on that chair is to invade another country, cause the murder of thousands, and conquer and subjugate an entire people.

Also I only revealed it to you and only you, not any of the other royal family members when I mentioned how Leo could also use this crystal (since I believer that same crystal appeared in Birthright Chapter 18) and probably might be to keep said crystal around longer because Fire Emblem tends to tie in magic and dark mages in particular to supernatural elements, including that throne which might somehow reveal his true form. We should go to Hoshido and do that.

Corrin: Uh huh, ballin'. Say, you know that lots of innocent people are going to die if we don't kill him, be it by his own hand or by the other commanders of Nohr's forces, right? Even if we don't kill anyone or see anyone harmed, that doesn't mean people aren't dying during this war. There's maybe two people that actually like him in this army and they're kind of horrible child murderers. Also, why can't we got get another one of those crystals to show my siblings and our other allies that he's a literal monster? For that matter, what makes you think he'll sit on the throne just because we won? Garon's got to have more important things to do than "sit on a place", given that he kind of runs the country.

Azura: Look, I just want to visit Hoshido again, okay?

where's the third route

Fire Emblem Gaiden: Camus Edition.

yami4ct

I thought Conquest 10 was going to be a tricky one. I didn't know how tricky. I've been going at it all night so far and every time I get my ass handed to me on Turn 8. Those guys with axes and fliers are real assholes. This is going to be a rough night.

Xenoflare

I thought Conquest 10 was going to be a tricky one. I didn't know how tricky. I've been going at it all night so far and every time I get my ass handed to me on Turn 8. Those guys with axes and fliers are real assholes. This is going to be a rough night.

Don't be shy about using Camilla. Although I cannot even imagine the amount of UGH that chapter can do to you if you are on classic

yami4ct

Don't be shy about using Camilla. Although I cannot even imagine the amount of UGH that chapter can do to you if you are on classic

She is a godsend, but she can only take so much. Classic Hard has been an absolute bastard for that chapter. I've got a revised strategy cooked up that I'm going to try now.

yami4ct

Chapter 10 Conquest finally down! Boy that map really expects you to make use of your meager resources to their full ability. Might be one of my favorites in the series now. I went from being interested in it, to absolutely hating it to it becoming one of my all time faves once I cracked the code. I loved the phase structure of the map. It forced you to expand your borders to get the full reward, but you then had to pull back to a strategic last stand in the final few turns to clear it. So tense and interesting. Managed to pick up most of the EXP on the map and all the houses, so I'm super satisfied with the results.

Archer Mozu ended up being what cracked it for me. Having her use the other bow turret helped me put good pressure on the enemy and it was great to have another archer to pick up fliers that broke the defensive line.

Golnei

That's one of the most inspiring examples of swivel-waist I've ever seen. It's like everything from the navel down is a prosthetic bolted onto the saddle, which she can rotate her torso around like a turret.

Draxal

another bid lost.... I guess I should wait for a while until set 4 sr+ price calmed a bit

Well, you can get an Itsuki or Robin for pretty cheap I think. It justs seems like Lucina and Tsubasa are super expensive. Have you tried using Amenity Dream, I don't think they ship internationally but I don't think YJA does either.

Well, you can get an Itsuki or Robin for pretty cheap I think. It justs seems like Lucina and Tsubasa are super expensive. Have you tried using Amenity Dream, I don't think they ship internationally but I don't think YJA does either.

not interested in other sr+ (or probably will get edgy robin later)
1 thing I don't like about yja is they don't really allow last minute bid win like ebay. there's always 5 minutes extension when you do that (or I think it reset to 5 minutes left, can't remember)
still remember when I'm on bidding war for the limited Lucina print art from special comiket last year... auction got extended up a lot lol

oh I know. what I mean by calmed a bit is not much bidding wars. like when I grabbed the 1st Lucina SR+ at about the same price, there's no bid contest because people who want that most likely already have it during that time.
edit: I realized I typed price by mistake in that post... woops

Draxal

oh I know. what I mean by calmed a bit is not much bidding wars. like when I grabbed the 1st Lucina SR+ at about the same price, there's no bid contest because people who want that most likely already have it during that time.
edit: I realized I typed price by mistake in that post... woops

Ah kk, I think the prices weren't so bad bad on Amenity Dream. I think you need a forwarding service, but I think you have one already.

http://www.amenitydream.com/page/46

Oh wait SOLD OUT :D. Clean pics of Fuzichoco's Lucina art.

https://twitter.com/fuzichoco/status/710477941948350466

Sölf

Since I finally got my hands on a special edition, some questions for later when I can finally play this:

I will probably start out with Hoshido, then Nohr, then Revelation. Simply because Nohr seems more interesting and I fear gameplay will be just not as good after playing Nohr first. To add to that, on which difficulty should I play the three paths? I played Awakening on Hard and thought that was good (normal would have been to easy and Lunatic is... well, let's not talk about that), but most other games work good enough on normal. How is it here? Or stuff like Hoshido on Hard and Nohr on normal?

Chrom

Question: Can the Dark Falcon skills be passed down to children from their parents in Fates?

I know you can just use an Ebon Wing and teach children the skills that way, but if Dark Falcon is sort of technically a DLC class, I'm curious to know if the inheritance exemption rule against DLC skills still applies to Dark Falcon, considering that all of its skills were previously inheritable in Awakening.

Question: Can the Dark Falcon skills be passed down to children from their parents in Fates?

I know you can just use an Ebon Wing and teach children the skills that way, but if Dark Falcon is sort of technically a DLC class, I'm curious to know if the inheritance exemption rule against DLC skills still applies to Dark Falcon, considering that all of its skills were previously inheritable in Awakening.

You can't pass down skills from Dark Falcon/Dread Fighter.

Sadly, the rules are different compared to Awakening. Dark Falcon is classed as a DLC class this time and you can't pass down skills from it or buy them.

Is Kinshi Knight's base class considered pegasus? If you promote an archer to it, will they get peg knight skills first or just get the Kinshi skills at 5/15?

Chrom

Very interesting, but I suppose it makes sense. The release of Royal Royale today had me wondering if it meant people were going to try and marry people off for Galeforce again.

Top Bottom