• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

CSX

This Recollection of Foam DLC sounds like its modeled off of Future Past but is split into three different story lines based on the three routes.

Birthright-Ch1
Conquest-CH2
Revelation-CH3

Gonna miss those parent-child and child-parallel convos that were in the original Future Past DLC

NeonZ

This Recollection of Foam DLC sounds like its modeled off of Future Past but is split into three different story lines based on the three routes.

Birthright-Ch1
Conquest-CH2
Revelation-CH3

Gonna miss those parent-child and child-parallel convos that were in the original Future Past DLC

Chapter 3 is a direct continuation of chapter 1, and there's a twist that connects it to chapter 2 too. However, it does seem to be based on the three routes.
The Hoshido group with female Kana and the Nohr group with male Kana seem to have come from versions of Birthright and Conquest where the children weren't recruited until the war was over.

However, Shigure himself, who narrates the story, is said to come from a world where the Revelation path was chosen, but Hydra still won in the end somehow.

Still, there's also something about the children's memories being modified, so it still could be something very different.

Xenoflare

You of the dark is the best song.

It's a shame that you can't really get to the best part of that track unless you wait for it during battles, but there are no reasons not to wait for it.

Does the sound team behind fates also behind awakening? If they are then Fates is a monumental step up.

Moonlight

Banned
I keep saying it (and it keeps being true), but Resolve (Dark) is one of my favourite songs in the franchise. Dark Fall (Calm/Fire) is also an absolutely brilliant song. And I don't remember the specific name of it, but the promotion music kicks ass too.

Conquest's OST is probably the finest soundtrack in the series, IMO. Though even Birthright has some total knockouts, like Alight.

Xenoflare

I keep saying it (and it keeps being true), but Resolve (Dark) is one of my favourite songs in the franchise. Dark Fall (Calm/Fire) is also an absolutely brilliant song. And I don't remember the specific name of it, but the promotion music kicks ass too.

Conquest's OST is probably the finest soundtrack in the series, IMO. Though even Birthright has some total knockouts, like Alight.

Resolve Dark has that catchiness that it's light counter part doesn't have. The battle prep music for revelations is just staright up weak

CazTGG

I'm preferential towards Birthright's battle themes and overall score, but i'd be hard-pressed to say that Revelation and Conquest don't have their fair share of superb tracks. While it might be too early to say, I find Fates is more than worthy of a spot alongside Seisen no Keifu and Rekka no Ken as one of the best soundtracks the series has ever crafted. Even the vocal tracks sound great, which is a first for the series.

Life Returns from Path of Radiance is a weird song. The Fire Emblem theme doesn't count.

Xenoflare

If nothing else it's very different from the prep theme in Birthright/Conquest.

It is, it's probably done to compliment the nature of Revelation, the vibe I'm getting from that track is pretty mysterious.

However I don't get that the pumped up feeling from it's Conquest and Birthright counterparts. I don't want it to be the same, but at the same time I just didn't like it.

yami4ct

Conquest 11 was a nice fun cool down after Chapter 10. Just strategic enough to be interesting, but fairly easy overall.

I am not liking Chapter 12 at all. Too much crap going on. I feel like the shit that keeps getting me killed are mistakes that aren't easy to see until they happen. The medicine/poison pots are a crap mechanic. Too slow to windup, so replays are painfully boring to start. First map in Conquest I might say is actually bad. I might grow to like it like Chapter 10, but I'm not having fun at all.

Conquest 11 was a nice fun cool down after Chapter 10. Just strategic enough to be interesting, but fairly easy overall.

I am not liking Chapter 12 at all. Too much crap going on. I feel like the shit that keeps getting me killed are mistakes that aren't easy to see until they happen. The medicine/poison pots are a crap mechanic. Too slow to windup, so replays are painfully boring to start. First map in Conquest I might say is actually bad. I might grow to like it like Chapter 10, but I'm not having fun at all.

Chapter 12 is fine, if you're not playing on Lunatic the DV spot makes the Apothecary section easy.

Curious, are you taking the side paths from the beginning? Or are you trying to go through the center?

King Fost

Neo Member
Chapter 12 is fine, if you're not playing on Lunatic the DV spot makes the Apothecary section easy.

I usually use Azura to activate the DV on Lunatic since she gets bodied regardless of the Hex effect, so I barely notice a difference between the difficulty in Hard and Lunatic. You can always use Dwyer/Kana some child of the Avatar if you want instead though. I'm always surprised when people complain about the reinforcements since they appear at the entrance of the map and are too far behind to ever reach you unless you completely dick around.

I usually use Azura to activate the DV on Lunatic since she gets bodied regardless of the Hex effect, so I barely notice a difference between the difficulty in Hard and Lunatic. You can always use Dwyer/Kana some child of the Avatar if you want instead though. I'm always surprised when people complain about the reinforcements since they appear at the entrance of the map and are too far behind to ever reach you unless you completely dick around.

Oh well, you see the only time I used the DV was when most of my team was already in the zone so they got hit with all the debuffs too, I never tried that :p

What, do most people take the sides?

Skimming over the OT one time, I noticed people saying they were taking the sides because KO'ing Saizo + Kagero and their squad was too difficult.

As avoiding the ninja squad requires getting through poison pots, I'm under the assumption anyone taking the sides is finding themselves getting hit with half HP or something else pretty bad (Don't know what's actually in those pots), then getting upset when the game's punishing them for trying to take the easy way out.

As if things weren't bad enough, you also open a shortcut for the Apothecary reinforcements.

Skimming over the OT one time, I noticed people saying they were taking the sides because KO'ing Saizo + Kagero and their squad was too difficult.

As avoiding the ninja squad requires getting through poison pots, I'm under the assumption anyone taking the sides is finding themselves getting hit with half HP or something else pretty bad (Don't know what's actually in those pots), then getting upset when the game's punishing them for trying to take the easy way out.

As if things weren't bad enough, you also open a shortcut for the Apothecary reinforcements.

weird, I'm fairly sure Camilla can OHKO the ninja duo?
seeing as I OHKO'd Saizo with Dread Fighter Effie I'm assuming Knight Effie can do it too

seeing as I OHKO'd Saizo with Dread Fighter Effie I'm assuming Knight Effie can do it too

"Pre-promotes like Camilla are bad! They sap XP and have shitty growths!" is my guess. I blame the Jagens of 13 FEs for that. But yes, if my Beruka could do it, Camilla should be able to handle it even better.
Edit: Whoops, somehow forgot about the OHKO part. Beruka certainly can't do that with a hand axe unpromoted, but she can still throw axes in the face of all the ninjas while taking little damage.

King Fost

Neo Member

Camilla generally can't OHKO Sazio or Kagero (though I always just equip a Hand Axe for enemy phase, but she still makes the ninjas in the center a joke and sodomizes the retainers, or at least weakens them heavily enough for someone else to finish them off.

Chrom

Someone on Reddit made a guide for the Conquest Chapter 12 pots and what they exactly contain a while back. I referred to it during my Lunatic run of the map and it was pretty helpful to know which poison pots didn't cause hex.

yami4ct

Curious, are you taking the side paths from the beginning? Or are you trying to go through the center?

I didn't want to lose out on EXP, so I ran through the center. I sent Kaze up the right path outside the fortress to take care of the dude there and then broke into the middle. I found a better pot to break to really choke off Saizo/Kagero and Camilla could better handle it then.

By the end, I had everything cleared but the Apothecaries coming up the back and I couldn't find a safe way to kill Ryouma so I had to unfortunately run past him.

I didn't want to lost out on EXP, so I ran through the center. I sent Kaze up the right path outside the fortress to take care of the dude there and then broke into the middle. I found a better pot to break to really choke off Saizo/Kagero and Camilla could better handle it then.

By the end, I had everything cleared but the Apothecaries coming up the back and I couldn't find a safe way to kill Ryouma so I had to unfortunately run past him.

Ah, Ryoma. Only safe kill I know of involves Camilla with a Dual Club. Would have to replay the game to think up other ways to safely kill him. Next safest method I know involves Felicia who unfortunately got crit for a reset for me. >.>

Hm, can't remember: Is the Weakness staff available by that point already?

Ah, Ryoma. Only safe kill I know of involves Camilla with a Dual Club. Would have to replay the game to think up other ways to safely kill him. Next safest method I know involves Felicia who unfortunately got crit for a reset for me. >.>

I dunno Effie and a sufficiently fast Corrin can also do it.

Chrom

You get one from a chest in Chapter 11, and it's one of the Battle Rank rewards too. It's also called Enfeeble now.

You get one from a chest in Chapter 11, and it's one of the Battle Rank rewards too. It's also called Enfeeble now.

Ah, was sure you got it after the Staff Shop hit Lv. 2.
Aside: Should make myself familiar with the rest of the changed weapon names...

I dunno Effie and a sufficiently fast Corrin can also do it.

...I have to ask my past self what I was thinking going with a +Lck Corrin.

yami4ct

Ah, was sure you got it after the Staff Shop hit Lv. 2.
Aside: Should make myself familiar with the rest of the changed weapon names...

...I have to ask my past self what I was thinking going with a +Lck Corrin.

I went +Strength, and it's taken a while to actually pay off.

My Corrin in Birthright really didn't see much use until I got the Noble Yato. My Conquest one at least can make decent work with the Dragonstone.

yami4ct

+str/-mag Ninja is easy mode

I don't like using Subclassing for the most part. The characters are kind of at least partially defined by their class to me, and I don't like really changing that. Corrin is a Noble, Camilla needs to be a flyer, Effie is a knight. Sure, you can do great things with Subclassing, but it's not my cup of tea, at least for an initial run.

My only exception this time are going to be Archer Mozu, who I probably won't really use much again since I really only needed her for Chapter 10 and Mozu wasn't worth the investment in Birthright, and Dark Flyer Nyx.

I don't like using Subclassing for the most part. The characters are kind of at least partially defined by their class to me, and I don't like really changing that. Corrin is a Noble, Camilla needs to be a flyer, Effie is a knight. Sure, you can do great things with Subclassing, but it's not my cup of tea, at least for an initial run.

My only exception this time are going to be Archer Mozu, who I probably won't really use much again since I really only needed her for Chapter 10 and Mozu wasn't worth the investment in Birthright, and Dark Flyer Nyx.

meh I never was one to care about default classes, Corrin needs to reclass out of the Noble tree to be a god(dess) of destruction :p

(though I did get decent mileage off of Nohr Noble, but that was with a magic build and Dark Falcon/Dark Knight would have been superior)

PK Gaming

meh I never was one to care about default classes, Corrin needs to reclass out of the Noble tree to be a god(dess) of destruction :p

(though I did get decent mileage off of Nohr Noble, but that was with a magic build and Dark Falcon/Dark Knight would have been superior)

I dunno, both of the Noble classes skills heavily contribute towards making Corrin a god(dess) of destruction. Also Nohr Noble's growths and Magic are whatever, but Hoshidan Noble's Growth are amazing (55% defense growth, jesus) and staves are cool.

I dunno, both of the Noble classes skills heavily contribute towards making Corrin a god(dess) of destruction. Also Nohr Noble's growths and Magic are whatever, but Hoshidan Noble's Growth are amazing (55% defense growth, jesus) and staves are cool.

....not really? Draconic Hex is pretty cool but not all that meaningful when you're ORKOing everything, the level 5 Hoshido Noble skill is so bad I don't even remember its name, Hoshidan Unity and Nohrian Trust aren't all that useful for a no-logbook, no-grind run because you can't stack it with multiple skills.

also Corrin using staves is lol

CazTGG

I got FE7 on a whim for on my emulator

Holy shit this is fun

So Conquest like with dem map objectives

More like Conquest is very Fire Emblem 7-like :p

Try out The Sacred Stones on Wii U Virtual Console if you haven't done so. Much easier, but satisfying in its own right, namely due a great villain*

*May not actually be a villain and is up to interpretation due to the vague writing surrounding the character and Eirika & Ephraim potentially providing a biased look towards them.

Xenoflare

More like Conquest is very Fire Emblem 7-like :p

Try out The Sacred Stones on Wii U Virtual Console if you haven't done so. Much easier, but satisfying in its own right, namely due a great villain*

*May not actually be a villain and is up to interpretation due to the vague writing surrounding the character and Eirika & Ephraim potentially providing a biased look towards them.

dasthejoke ;p

PK Gaming

....not really? Draconic Hex is pretty cool but not all that meaningful when you're ORKOing everything, the level 5 Hoshido Noble skill is so bad I don't even remember its name, Hoshidan Unity and Nohrian Trust aren't all that useful for a no-logbook, no-grind run because you can't stack it with multiple skills.

also Corrin using staves is lol

Except it helps out a ton when you aren't OHROing everything, which is very much the case on Conquest. It turns Corrin into an amazing tank, since you can draw out enemies and weaken them a point where your teammates can clean up, easy. Like, you can basically guarantee a double on faster units after you've weakened them. It's ridiculously clutch.

You don't need to stack Hoshidan Unity with multiple skills. Hoshidan Unity + Quixotic already skyrockets Dragon Fang/Rend Heaven's proc rate. Nohrian Trust is also good without grinding since it outright bypasses the need for you to grind for certain skills and gives you more trigger skills to work with.

And lol, how is having a unit who can utility Heal, Silence, Freeze, and Rescue ON TOP of being a murder machine not a good thing?

Except it helps out a ton when you aren't OHROing everything, which is very much the case on Conquest. It turns Corrin into an amazing tank, since you can draw out enemies and weaken them a point where your teammates can clean up, easy. Like, you can basically guarantee a double on faster units after you've weakened them. It's ridiculously clutch.

You don't need to stack Hoshidan Unity with multiple skills. Hoshidan Unity + Quixotic already skyrockets Dragon Fang/Rend Heaven's proc rate. Nohrian Trust is also good without grinding since it outright bypasses the need for you to grind for certain skills and gives you more trigger skills to work with.

And lol, how is having a unit who can utility Heal, Silence, Freeze, and Rescue ON TOP of being a murder machine not a good thing?

1. If you aren't ORKOing most non-Wary Fighter things in Conquest, get good (and in general, what you don't kill should be low enough so that anyone can mop it up Draconic Hex debuff or not).
2. This doesn't even actually make Corrin tankier, if he/she was going to die from the initial attacks of the next wave of enemies Draconic Hex won't save him/her.
3. lmao at getting Quixotic, Corrin doesn't have time to spend 4 levels as a Basara (and this isn't even an option at all in Conquest)
4. A frontline unit isn't going to be stepping back and doing utility things much, not to mention you need to use an Arms Scroll or two for that...and again the route where you would need this most (Conquest) you can't even access Hoshido Noble anyway.

There's a reason why both Noble classes are considered fairly suboptimal.

On Draconic Hex:
Draconic Hex is essentially a free Enfeeble that you can use while dealing damage or when defending while using a Corrin with a little more durability than a Ninja. It's legit for taking out sub-bosses / bosses as they're generally not the easiest to ORKO. It's also guaranteed unlike skill activations (and crits, while I'm at it).

Standard enemies are a different story. If they aren't dead, they damn better be near-dead to the point that Draconic Hex doesn't matter. Otherwise, you've either got a pretty crap Corrin or you're sending Corrin into crap match-ups which you shouldn't be doing in the first place.

On offensive skills (and crits):
Not so fond of them. I mean, it's nice if they activate when you're on offense (or on defense with Vantage) as they can help turn a ORKO into a OHKO and thus save you from taking damage, but in the end, they're a crutch and the RNGoddess can be a jerk. I play without ever assuming they'll activate because of that.

-

Besides, if you're buying skills, you should be going for [Weapon]faire and Trample as they're practically a guaranteed +10 Mt and happen to work for Tag Team attacks. Certain units that normally don't take hits (like, say, a certain character I'm fond of) might enjoy Life or Death too for a total of +20 Mt. If an enemy's still alive after -that-, they deserve to live.

Besides, if you're buying skills, you should be going for [Weapon]faire and Trample as they're practically a guaranteed +10 Mt and happen to work for Tag Team attacks. Certain units that normally don't take hits (like, say, a certain character I'm fond of) might enjoy Life or Death too for a total of +20 Mt. If an enemy's still alive after -that-, they deserve to live.

Sakura, right?

:p

Is Nohr Noble actually considered a bad class? Maybe growths wise it could be considered inferior but if you want to go mixed, which a +Mag Corrin is one of the few characters in the game that can successfully go mixed, its stat caps and growths are about equal to the other mixed classes and the only other mixed class with a Sword, Dark Knight, has equal or inferior caps. Dark Knight has better growths with the exception of Spd, where it has very inferior growths and Spd is just too important. Plus, I mean, on Conquest and Revelation you already have an amazing Dark Knight in Leo so you don't really need to double up on that.

Draconic Hex to me seems like a skill that is supposed to be used with Dragonstone. Dragonstone lets you tank but it won't be doing a lot of ORKOing, so Draconic Hex lets you soften up all the enemies that aggro you. You could argue that you won't really need Corrin to tank anymore at the point in the game where you get Draconic Hex, but I think it can still be useful in certain situations, especially against bosses.

PK Gaming

1. If you aren't ORKOing most non-Wary Fighter things in Conquest, get good (and in general, what you don't kill should be low enough so that anyone can mop it up Draconic Hex debuff or not).
2. This doesn't even actually make Corrin tankier, if he/she was going to die from the initial attacks of the next wave of enemies Draconic Hex won't save him/her.
3. lmao at getting Quixotic, Corrin doesn't have time to spend 4 levels as a Basara (and this isn't even an option at all in Conquest)
4. A frontline unit isn't going to be stepping back and doing utility things much, not to mention you need to use an Arms Scroll or two for that...and again the route where you would need this most (Conquest) you can't even access Hoshido Noble anyway.

There's a reason why both Noble classes are considered fairly suboptimal.

1. True, but it's one of your only ways of debuffing enemies on Conquest and invaluable against bosses with high stats (especially if you can outrange them). It also makes feeding kills to weaker units easier.
2. I never said it makes Corrin tankier, but better as a tank since it's easier for your teammates to finished off enemies after they engage with Corrin. I guess I value this ability more because I saw Corrin go through Conquest as a Ninja where their damage output was lower.
3. ??? You have plenty of time to do so with paralogues. Fates throws a ridiculous amount of EXP at you. I'll concede that you don't really have the money to do so on Conquest, but it's absolutely possible on Birthright. You don't even need to stay in the Nohr Noble class for that long anyway; just pick up Draconic Curse at 5 and you're good to go.
4. That's not the point. You aren't going out of your way to use staves, it's just a utility you can have on hand in cases where you absolutely need it. You only need D-rank in staves to get Sun Festival/Rescue, which is pretty much all you need.

Top Bottom