• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Sölf

I can understand people being disappointed in the game due to it being very simplistic (and, frankly, very ugly looking) in terms of mechanics and map design as well as lacking features in later games like visible supports, however the localization team did a fantastic job with what they had to work with (the scene where Marth realizes there are innocents on both sides is one of the most striking moments in series history) and while it is simplistic compared to Radiant Dawn when it comes to mission variety, it works a whole lot better than that cold mess on the whole.

Also: The soundtrack is superb.

The main problem I have it is is simply the story. You just immediatly realize that it's a remake. Heck, the new prologue has better dialogues than the whole main game. And that's just a shame. The graphics are also ugly, but the story disappointed me even more. Fates may have some stupid story shenaningans going on, but at least the story consists of more than 3 boxes of text before and after each chapter.

Draxal

So they translated that Famitsu char poll a while back.

Some noticable quotes.
I take my hat off to Roy for having to think and plan so much at just 15 years old (Female, 20s)

It always kinda freaked me out how young Roy looked.

I fell in love with Chrom and brought Awakening as a result. (Female, 20s)

Welp somebody remembered Chrom.

I feel she appeals to me most as a female protagonist. I want to try and talk to her as the strategist again! (Male, 30s)

Lyn and Marc are the original Robin and Lucina.

Sölf;206245417 said:
The main problem I have it is is simply the story. You just immediatly realize that it's a remake. Heck, the new prologue has better dialogues than the whole main game. And that's just a shame. The graphics are also ugly, but the story disappointed me even more. Fates may have some stupid story shenaningans going on, but at least the story consists of more than 3 boxes of text before and after each chapter.

The story was written in 1990 so you expect it to be a little bare bones. It's actually even more bare in the original NES game. It didn't even have narration at the start of the chapters.

Shun

CklL51nUoAAS8GF.png

I fell in love with Chrom and brought Awakening as a result. (Female, 20s)
Welp somebody remembered Chrom.

Pretty sure this is what happened to Chrom if my memory serves right.

Don't think he showed up or stayed relevant after that.

d70b3154185d43d99ee066fffddc9bdb.gif

NeonZ

The story was written in 1990 so you expect it to be a little bare bones. It's actually even more bare in the original NES game. It didn't even have narration at the start of the chapters.

The narration was added by FE3 Book 1 though, it isn't SD original.

Sölf

Yeah, but that's just the sad part that basically kills the game for me. Especially after playing through that prologue.

Sölf;206245417 said:
Do you think the lighter story would have been more acceptable in your mind if you have been playing FE1 or even FE3 Book 1 with their weaker graphics and dressings to match the barebones plot?

Draxal

When I get my Sheeda Marth is gonna ride the pegasus. (tho maybe he won't fit....)

Can be done but it's a complete pita to do so because of Marth's cape. (you connect the pegasus with a standard nendo back joint with a joint connects to the pegasus's tail). My Marth's sheath likes to fall off all the time, so it was really frustrating to do so. They gave Caeda an alternate angry face, so I have a mounted American Caeda and Marth, after I got annoyed.

Sölf

Do you think the lighter story would have been more acceptable in your mind if you have been playing FE1 or even FE3 Book 1 with their weaker graphics and dressings to match the barebones plot?

No idea if that would be the case. Maybe I just expected more after playing through this new prologue, which didn't feel to different from other games. But then the main game happened. Could also be the total lack of supports. They added some of the new stuff, like reclassing, weapon triangle and so forth, I probably just expected more, even if it was only a remake.

I still haven't beaten FE 12, but that one is already so much better than FE 11.

NeonZ

So who's looking forward to Nintendo's E3 stuff?

No Fire Emblem or Smash Bros related announcements are likely, so I'm not really excited.

I'm looking forward to Zelda, but I don't see how it can really leave a big impression at this point of the Wii U's life cycle.

CazTGG

So who's looking forward to Nintendo's E3 stuff?

I am...but not enough to be up at 9 A.M. in the morning. (I still have to catch up on Ubisoft and Sony's conferences and i'm not a morning person to begin with, though I am looking forward to Zelda: Subtitle TBD quite a bit). If I was expecting something concrete beyond Zelda and Sun/Moon, I might have considered it.

Draxal

Ck-GGEkWUAAPxQu.png

Surprisingly enough, Mia and Ike are the only two Tellius characters getting two SRs, thought it would have been Elincia or Soren over her.

Sölf

Ck-GGEkWUAAPxQu.png

Surprisingly enough, Mia and Ike are the only two Tellius characters getting two SRs, thought it would have been Elincia or Soren over her.

Mia obvious best Tellius girl, so no.

Edit: Wait, Nephenee exists. Well then, better than Elincia and Soren girl.

Gameplay reasons (tcg). I don't think she's that popular, but they just did it for the TCG. Only 3 characters got tier 3 classes (Sanaki, Ike, and Elincia).

Oh, I see. Was kind of hoping for more Tier 3 costumes. So we're not getting Edward's amazing jacket?

Also, as somebody who started with FE6, I love the joke in the Sofiya card. Hate those disappearing water tiles so much >___<

Draxal

Oh, I see. Was kind of hoping for more Tier 3 costumes. So we're not getting Edward's amazing jacket?

Also, as somebody who started with FE6, I love the joke in the Sofiya card. Hate those disappearing water tiles so much >___<

They're giving all the RD cards the T2 stuff first, in order to build a deck you usually want a 4/3 or a 3/2 card first (and Edward got a 3/2 rare which you can actually build a deck around with him as the main character). It's just too many characters + too many different forms for only 50 card slots in this set.

Personally, I love the joke cards, I love Merlinus's card just like I loved Oliver's from set 3.

Top Bottom