• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

But it has tentacles and it shrinks!

That is a mystery, although over the course of the series, we've seen all kinds of dragons that look quite different and do different things. (Like Fa the chicken.)

Perhaps Doma is just one really dead or deformed dragon? I doubt a remake would shed much light TBH, but I'd take any excuse for one if only to hear the amazing music *__*

Golnei

Perhaps Doma is just one really dead or deformed dragon? I doubt a remake would shed much light TBH, but I'd take any excuse for one if only to hear the amazing music *__*

The team from the recent games could do some amazing things with its soundtrack. Imagine what Rei Kondoh arranging the final map theme could sound like.

Draxal

ClT0Z6CUgAA_miL.jpg:large

Garon looks so dapper here.

That is a mystery, although over the course of the series, we've seen all kinds of dragons that look quite different and do different things. (Like Fa the chicken.)

I doubt a remake would happen at all lol

Renewed

I am getting #FE mostly because I wanna play something until SMTIV:A. I'm getting it for an alright launch price so we'll see if I keep it long-term.

CazTGG

So who's actually picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE?

Will it debut at 10% of Fates' first month sales?

Only picking it up in the off-chance I have to review it in the future and don't want to spend $100+ on it like Radiant Dawn or Xenoblade Chronicle's increase in price have demonstrated due to the low supply vs. high demand when I can just get it now while applying Amazon's 20% pre-order. One of the few times where I can justify pre-ordering a game
that I probably won't play because it doesn't look very interesting. Even with the summer drought.

Also because I fully expect it to bomb so the supply will be especially low. 100,000 in North America at best for the first week.

Draxal

Getting it because Ranmafan and Shun were persuasive enough.

Only picking it up in the off-chance I have to review it in the future and don't want to spend $100+ on it like Radiant Dawn or Xenoblade Chronicle's increase in price have demonstrated due to the low supply vs. high demand when I can just get it now while applying Amazon's 20% pre-order. One of the few times where I can justify pre-ordering a game
that I probably won't play because it doesn't look very interesting. Even with the summer drought.

Also because I fully expect it to bomb so the supply will be especially low. 100,000 in North America at best for the first week.

It's going to do way way worse than that.

Lynx_7

I still wonder who thought it was a good idea to turn a potentially good crossover into an Idolm@ster game. It could've been so much more. Oh well.

So, Genealogy. I just discovered that two of your units will get married if they have enough points regardless of whether or not they're actually next to each other in that particular turn. I have a save just before Lewyn and Sylvia become lovers and it doesn't matter what I do, they always become lovers on the next turn. That's... not what I wanted. Fucking hell Lewyn, you're supposed to score the pegasus chick, not the jail bait. Not gonna restart the whole damn chapter considering how long it'd take to get back to where I am, so I'm kinda pissed off about that right now.
Guess I'll pair her up with boring priest guy or whatever. Sigh.

Draxal

I still wonder who thought it was a good idea to turn a potentially good crossover into an Idolm@ster game. It could've been so much more. Oh well.

So, Genealogy. I just discovered that two of your units will get married if they have enough points regardless of whether or not they're actually next to each other in that particular turn. I have a save just before Lewyn and Sylvia become lovers and it doesn't matter what I do, they always become lovers on the next turn. That's... not what I wanted. Fucking hell Lewyn, you're supposed to score the pegasus chick, not the jail bait. Not gonna restart the whole damn chapter considering how long it'd take to get back to where I am, so I'm kinda pissed off about that right now.

The IPs were a horrible mix either way. SMT already has a strategy rpg subseries (hell that team was the one behind this game really). So I really don't think there was any game that would have worked to what the fans wanted.

Whats his name wanted a pegasus knight at that one building no matter what, but a pegasus knight in Tokyo would be insanely weird no matter what you do..

NeonZ

The IPs were a horrible mix either way. SMT already has a strategy rpg subseries (hell that team was the one behind this game really). So I really don't think there was any game that would have worked to what the fans wanted.

Whats his name wanted a pegasus knight at that one building no matter what, but a pegasus knight in Tokyo would be insanely weird no matter what you do..

Originally they said that they were pointed in the direction of SMT related staff because they had experience mixing fantasy elements with modern day settings, which seemed to be the basic concept of the project. A Pegasus Knight in Tokyo wouldn't be weird when there's also other fantasy stuff around. Atlus already has a SRPG series, but Devil Survivor is extremely different from Fire Emblem gameplay-wise, so they still could have done some mix in that sense.

Even for a standard RPG though, the focus on the entertainment industry is pretty odd since it meant reduced focus on the FE elements, hurting the point of using the license in the first place. Remember when everyone was annoyed that it'd use characters only from Awakening and Shadow Dragon? It can't even cover all fan favorites from those two games.

Xbro

Dude it's worth getting Lewyn and Erin married.

On the subject of TMS#FE, I've got it preordered. Will play.

On TMS#FE:
On one hand, everyone who played it says it's really good.
On the other, I want a JP N3DS. >.>

On a potential PoR remake:
Not that I see it happening, but were it to happen, I wonder: Would you guys like a straightforward remake? Or a remake with Fates mechanics and all that'd entail like re-designing enemy formations for Tag Team Attack abuse and putting Counter on all enemy archers? Also giving Daein archers because I swear they had like only 1 who happened to be a boss you could shove into a corner for one of the most one-sided fights in the series' history? Speaking of shove, would you want Constitution and all the headaches that'd bring when you find out that Volke's one of the heavier characters? <.<

ClT0Z6CUgAA_miL.jpg:large

Garon looks so dapper here.

Two Elises and not a single Sakura? What is this crap? Also, where's Chrom? And that can't be Garon! He's non-evilly smiling!

Reset

Give me a straightforward remake of a PoR/RD on a handheld with an option to speed up the battles/not make turns last forever.

Two Elises and not a single Sakura? What is this crap? Also, where's Chrom? And that can't be Garon! He's non-evilly smiling!

looks at post

looks at username and avatar

looks back at post

huh

also regarding the PoR remake question: as fun as it is imagining how silly things could get with pair up, I'd prefer a version relatively faithful to the original

Draxal

Ayup, Cleveland won, and Technoweirdo complaining about two much Elise ... WTF; my mind is broken.

I don't want a Genealogy remake, as I do think a remake would take what made Genealogy; Genealogy.

Ayup, Cleveland won, and Technoweirdo complaining about two much Elise ... WTF; my mind is broken.

looks at post

looks at username and avatar

looks back at post

huh

Hm, need to work on my delivery. I wasn't actually complaining. Sakura (and Oboro who I don't see there either) getting shafted in favor of more Elise will always please me. <3

Give me a straightforward remake of a PoR/RD on a handheld with an option to speed up the battles/not make turns last forever.

Oh yeah. Left animations on because turning them off shaved off milliseconds. lol

Don't exaggerate, full animations in PoR are like 2x longer lol.

Disabling animations cut out the battle intro, people running into eachother, and gave quicker deaths. Easily a second or two saved per battle. Then, if I recall (It's been a while since I played), they undid the savings by removing the double attack animations that you'd 've gotten with animations enabled which were meant to make battles quicker. <.< Cavaliers / Paladins suffered in particular here.

Lynx_7

Dude it's worth getting Lewyn and Erin married.

That'd be nice but I already beat the chapter and these take way too long for me to find enough motivation to do it all over again. Maybe in another playthrough.
..when they release that Jugdral remake :p
(it's never gonna happen is it)

edit: actually, now that I think about it I wouldn't have been able to redo the chapter anyway since I have no saves at the beginning of it and this game doesn't offer you an option to restart for some reason lol

CazTGG

A Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn remake/remaster is incredibly unlikely, especially when the latter is playable on Wii U via backwards compatibility. That aside, while finding exact numbers is a little difficult, most of the ones that do pop up show show those two and Thracia 776 being among the worst selling entries in the series so I doubt they'd devote the resources to remaking one of their bigger commercial disappointments, even with Fire Emblem's newfound success, the fondness people have for Path of Radiance (and to a lesser extent, Radiant Dawn) and the popularity of Ike in Smash Bros. It'd be more likely that they remake of Seisen No Keifu due to sharing similar mechanics to Awakening in Fates, most notably marriage...though how they'd handle localizing the incest subplot (well...localizing the game period) would be tricky and would likely result in another avatar character being shoved haphazardly into a plot where they're completely unwanted.

Actually while we're on the subject of PoR animations: the first attempt at 3D animations did not go well at all.

Much as I love Path of Radiance...the animation just wasn't up to snuff at the time, even if the polygons were improved. There's certainly a lot of fluidity to them, but on the whole, they felt a lot slower and were far less aesthetically interesting in terms of character attacks and even the maps themselves.

NeonZ

A Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn remake/remaster is incredibly unlikely, especially when the latter is playable on Wii U via backwards compatibility. That aside, while finding exact numbers is a little difficult, most of the ones that do pop up show show those two and Thracia 776 being among the worst selling entries in the series so I doubt they'd devote the resources to remaking one of their bigger commercial disappointments, even with Fire Emblem's newfound success, the fondness people have for Path of Radiance (and to a lesser extent, Radiant Dawn) and the popularity of Ike in Smash Bros. It'd be more likely that they remake of Seisen No Keifu due to sharing similar mechanics to Awakening in Fates, most notably marriage...though how they'd handle localizing the incest subplot (well...localizing the game period) would be tricky and would likely result in another avatar character being shoved haphazardly into a plot where they're completely unwanted.

Genealogy has many peculiarities that would make it very hard to "update" it without just redesigning the entire thing. A Path of Radiance remake could receive elements from recent games much more easily without actually changing the gameplay base too much, just adding to it.

Golnei

Much as I love Path of Radiance...the animation just wasn't up to snuff at the time, even if the polygons were improved. There's certainly a lot of fluidity to them, but on the whole, they felt a lot slower and were far less aesthetically interesting in terms of character attacks and even the maps themselves.

They definitely could be pretty rough. I don't really think they seemed properly comfortable with the 3D battle animations until Fates.

Sölf

Pre ordered since I don't know when. Still haven't beaten Fates, but I will take a break from it for now, after beating both Birthright and Conquest in roughly 2 weeks.

I'm bemused by the fact that Odin and Owain are the representatives in Reddit's 13/14 favorite character faceoff.

shit taste everywhere

except he didn't come close to winning the previous contest, nor was he even the last Awakening character back then lol

wait hold on...what is this thing?

NX handheld of course.

It's called GPD XD. It's a handheld android tablet by a Chinese manufacturer built into a 3DS XL shell. It has a 5 inch screen with 1280 x 720 res. Comes with a quad core CPU and a pretty decent GPU. benchmarked Epic Citadel at Ultra with 56 fps. Tons of emulators for classic games on the go.

mAQPZ6O.jpg

JRw33uK.jpg

AVFJO6R.jpg

N7MXGF0.jpg

Top Bottom