• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

CmUXtHzUcAA3wAO.jpg

Love them posting alot of the art now.

CazTGG

eww it's the worst mage

That's not Micaiah (She's a Light Mage, it counts).

Come to think of it, most of the mages and sages in Radiant Dawn were pretty bad, mostly due to their availability (Tormod, Calill, Pelleas, etc.). That said...this is not the best rendition for Ilyana and her seemingly large head.

Also, what are you shocked at Nailah? Beorc can have large appetites too, you racist!
CmZ0TbGWYAAn9Pr.jpg

So I'm trying to get my Revelations crew to do a re-enactment of Elincia's Gambit. I haven't figured out all the casting yet, though. So far I've got Caeldori as Elincia, Kaden's kid as Lethe, Keaton as Mordecai, Benny as Brom, Nina as Heather, Reina as Nealuchi, ScarletBeruka as Haar, Oboro as Nephenee, Hana as Lucia, Azura as Leanne, and Silas, Sophia, Bow Knight Laslow, and Shiro as the Crimean Cavalry and Danved. Should be a good time, and since I'm playing Casual, I'll have battle saves, just like Radiant Dawn.

So I'm trying to get my Revelations crew to do a re-enactment of Elincia's Gambit. I haven't figured out all the casting yet, though. So far I've got Caeldori as Elincia, Kaden's kid as Lethe, Keaton as Mordecai, Benny as Brom, Nina as Heather, Reina as Nealuchi, ScarletBeruka as Haar, Oboro as Nephenee, Hana as Lucia, Azura as Leanne, and Silas, Sophia, Bow Knight Laslow, and Shiro as the Crimean Cavalry and Danved. Should be a good time, and since I'm playing Casual, I'll have battle saves, just like Radiant Dawn.

So you're just gonna plug chokepoints the whole time?

Draxal

Hmm, the cape pattern is quite intriguing.

Is that a tree? Getting Brynhildr vibes for some reason.

Yes, I'm getting white tree of gondor vibes myself.

Anyway, beat #FE. Game is such an ode to Shadow Dragon, my only point of contention was that all the Fire Emblem mirages should have been either from Awakening or just from Shadow Dragon

It's just kinda weird that they're worshipping Marth, while Caeda just there doing nothing and endgame spoiler
and the legendary pegasus knight from the past ended up being Palla.

Chrom

Wasn't that from Series 1 or am I misremembering? Oh gosh maybe I'll just see if I can stick to a starter deck and maybe a booster set, can't keep pushing these out at this rate.

Yeah, hence why I said finally! She only just now got around to posting it.

Hmm, the cape pattern is quite intriguing.

Is that a tree? Getting Brynhildr vibes for some reason.

Yeah, I believe it should actually be a heraldic tree. In heraldry, trees--especially of the oak variety--are a common symbol for flags, crests, and shields. They're considered noble and represent antiquity and strength.

For what it's worth, I don't believe Grust's flag uses such a tree, so maybe the tree is a part of whatever the Sable Order's coat of arms is supposed to be (which we've never seen as far as I know, assuming it uses its own emblem). Or maybe it's just a generic aesthetic.

Fire Emblem really loves its heraldry, see the Thracia 776 logo and the Ylissean Fire Emblem's Gemstones being named Argent, Gules, Vert, etc.

L95

It's just kinda weird that they're worshipping Marth, while Caeda just there doing nothing and endgame spoiler
and the legendary pegasus knight from the past ended up being Palla.

At the spoiler: What??? I haven't played that far, but why did they do that lol

Draxal

At the spoiler: What??? I haven't played that far, but why did they do that lol

Chapter 6 Spoilers.

You end up facing trials of age of heroes to get their blessings in order to fight Medeus. The characters end up being Dolph and Macellan for armor knight; Palla for Pegasus Knight; Linde for Sorceror/Sage; Ogma for swordmaster/hero; Jeigan for paladin, and Gordin for sniper. And the last one being Marth for Itsuki. I mean you couldn't even give us Minerva for pegasus/wyvern knight; it was freaking Palla

NeonZ

It's kind of odd to see Caeda out of all people talking about
being surprised by the power to move others. She really doesn't fit the role of Tsubasa's mirage well.

L95

Chapter 6 Spoilers.

You end up facing trials of age of heroes to get their blessings in order to fight Medeus. The characters end up being Dolph and Macellan for armor knight; Palla for Pegasus Knight; Linde for Sorceror/Sage; Ogma for swordmaster/hero; Jeigan for paladin, and Gordin for sniper. And the last one being Marth for Itsuki. I mean you couldn't even give us Minerva for pegasus/wyvern knight; it was freaking Palla

Yeah, I think I agree,
Minerva
would've fit better there....

Oh well

Chapter 6 Spoilers.

This is actually Altus hinting to us about the real OTP.

Renewed

Hrm I'd still like to play it though. I guess I'm gonna dedicate tomorrow evening to getting it somehow.

Need to remember to get back to FE4.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
After having completed Fates, I now want to play through my two Japanese games I have not finished yet, FE6 and 12, in that order. Now for 6, there is again some "real ending" to unlock and I tried to compile a list of things I have to do without spoiling actual map strategies for me, so I relied on lists on end of FAQs. Just to be sure I haven't missed anything, is it suficient to keep everyone alive and to do the folliwing things:
Ch. 6: Recruit Sue by talking with Roy
Ch. 7: Recruit Zealot by talking with Roy
Ch. 9: Recriut Shin by talking with Sue
Ch. 11A/11B: Recruit Klein by talking with Roy
Ch. 11A/11B: Recruit Thite by talking with Klein
Ch. 12G: Beat within 20 rounds
Ch. 14G: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 16: Recruit Zeis by talking with Miredy
Ch. 20A: Recruit Dayan by talking with Roy
Ch. 20A Gaiden: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 20B: Recruit Yuuno by talking with Thany
Ch. 20B Gaiden: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 21 Gaiden: Beat within 30 rounds

Just seeing this list... I don't quite get what Intelligent Systems was thinking there. However, I'd be glad if someone could confirm the list is complete or tell me what I'm missing.

After having completed Fates, I now want to play through my two Japanese games I have not finished yet, FE6 and 12, in that order. Now for 6, there is again some "real ending" to unlock and I tried to compile a list of things I have to do without spoiling actual map strategies for me, so I relied on lists on end of FAQs. Just to be sure I haven't missed anything, is it suficient to keep everyone alive and to do the folliwing things:
Ch. 6: Recruit Sue by talking with Roy
Ch. 7: Recruit Zealot by talking with Roy
Ch. 9: Recriut Shin by talking with Sue
Ch. 11A/11B: Recruit Klein by talking with Roy
Ch. 11A/11B: Recruit Thite by talking with Klein
Ch. 12G: Beat within 20 rounds
Ch. 14G: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 16: Recruit Zeis by talking with Miredy
Ch. 20A: Recruit Dayan by talking with Roy
Ch. 20A Gaiden: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 20B: Recruit Yuuno by talking with Thany
Ch. 20B Gaiden: Beat within 25 rounds
Ch. 21 Gaiden: Beat within 30 rounds

Just seeing this list... I don't quite get what Intelligent Systems was thinking there. However, I'd be glad if someone could confirm the list is complete or tell me what I'm missing.

If you take out the recruiting characters part (which you should be doing anyway) it's just a bunch of turn limits dude.

Serenes has all the requirements for the side chapters as usual.

Yoshi

Recruiting everyone is not too important to me usually, because you can only train a team of a certain size and you go well beyond that size rather quickly usually. Also, there have been cases where it was not obvious to me that certain characters could be recruited in Fire Emblem games I have played in the past, so I prefer to have the mandatory character recruitments listed as well.

Thanks for the link!

Recruiting everyone is not too important to me usually, because you can only train a team of a certain size and you go well beyond that size rather quickly usually. Also, there have been cases where it was not obvious to me that certain characters could be recruited in Fire Emblem games I have played in the past, so I prefer to have the mandatory character recruitments listed as well.

Thanks for the link!

Wait what? Full recruitment or bust*, leave nobody behind.

*except the children, nobody cares

L95

I'm playing 6 now and I think I may have missed that chapter 7 requirement. Worth restarting?

I'd say so, as not getting all the Gaiden chapters gets you a bad ending (and said Bad ending isn't really worth getting even from a 'just to see it' standpoint, it pretty much just ends the game a few chapters earlier)

Draxal

So the Genealogy interview from the 25th anniv was great. Nintendo/IS still salty at Kaga (calling him the game designer instead of his name).

Translations at the usual places.

Yoshi

After a bit of time with Fire Emblem 6, I feel the difficulty is chosen a bit strangely. So far all maps were quite easy, with the exception of the bosses. Actually, the bosses are not hard to defeat, it just takes an eternity, because they have such high evasion. Oh and if I had no magician they'd practically be impossible. For now, the strategy "attack with magic, rescue magician, tranfer magician to release, next round" works great, but it's also supremely annoying. Other than that I miss some of the modern features, having just played Fates, but I welcome the greater importance of the weapon triangle when compared to Fates (where the pairing dominates the weapon triangle imo).

Rutger

Banned
After a bit of time with Fire Emblem 6, I feel the difficulty is chosen a bit strangely. So far all maps were quite easy, with the exception of the bosses. Actually, the bosses are not hard to defeat, it just takes an eternity, because they have such high evasion. Oh and if I had no magician they'd practically be impossible. For now, the strategy "attack with magic, rescue magician, tranfer magician to release, next round" works great, but it's also supremely annoying. Other than that I miss some of the modern features, having just played Fates, but I welcome the greater importance of the weapon triangle when compared to Fates (where the pairing dominates the weapon triangle imo).

The throne bonuses in FE6 are kind of stupid early on, they'll get easier to deal with when you have better characters(like a certain Swordmaster).

eh, weapon triangle is pretty important in Fates early on

The throne bonuses in FE6 are kind of stupid early on, they'll get easier to deal with when you have better characters(like a certain Swordmaster).

username checks out

PK Gaming

If you think that's bad, imagine playing on Hard

There's this one enemy who's stuck on a throne with a Killer Axe

He has 40HP and you need to crit twice in a row if you want to one round him. He roughly has a 40 hit on Rutger which is pretty shitty.

It hasn't happened to me, but I've heard horror stories.

we know everyone in the west is playing FE6 on an emulator just rig crits and dodges

Yoshi

we know everyone in the west is playing FE6 on an emulator just rig crits and dodges

Playing an English repro on GBA ;).

I have Rutger. He is good I assume from your postings ^^? Currently I'm relying on Bors, the magic user and the bow user you get early on in a lot of situations, currently in mision 8.x.

Top Bottom