• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Xbro

...it's not a OHKO if you hit twice >_>

(and even then, Ike is dealing 15x2 damage, he would need a double crit)

Sorry, meant ORKO. I know I got at least one crit in there. May have been a double. I was too shocked by all of my careful planning in the bottom half of the screen going to waste.

Chrom

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...SHOP/TSZS-0066.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

w0baYV0.jpg

Drama CD time!

PK Gaming

A nice surprise, except when they pulled the listing before I finished my write up XD

Thank heavens for Google cache.

Details in English

Aww yiss.

Interestingly, the characters featured are primarily the ones that ranked high in the official Japanese popularity polls. Most notably, Leo and Takumi are explicitly mentioned in the description blurb, while female Corrin and Takumi both have leading roles.

AWWW YISS (x2)

Female Corrin to replace Male Corrin as the dominant Corn.

Draxal

On Fe mobage.
The Wall Street Journal is getting in on the Nintendo NX rumors now. Yesterday we had a rather large rumored info dump on the NX and its form factor as well as power. Today the WSJ says that the platform is also going to be able to play Nintendo's mobile titles. This rumor seems pretty plausible and makes a lot of sense for Nintendo. Might as well give fans as many ways as possible to play their mobile games!
http://gonintendo.com/

Full article behind Paywall:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo...oss-1469604309

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253721

Draxal

Got guidebook (and the promos as a result).

1. All of Llilina's cards are way too freaking expensive, she has the biggest waifu tax.

2. The corrins promos are going to cost me so much money.

NeonZ

I just got Fire Emblem Fates, and started with Conquest on hard. I've made a horrible mistake o_o

Yeah, Conquest's "Hard" is actually "hard", not Awakening "Hard" that was just the real "Normal". You can tone down the difficulty in the main map though.

Noobcraft

Yeah, Conquest's "Hard" is actually "hard", not Awakening "Hard" that was just the real "Normal". You can tone down the difficulty in the main map though.
Yeah. It took me like 200 turns to beat chapter 5 lol. Ended up exploiting sing to get Azura to level 19 then beat it. So far my experience has been "May the odds be never in your favor". I've already had to reset several times because of unfavorable RNG luck.

Celegus

Oops... I just beat Birthright and never paid enough attention to support levels (though I did all the conversations that appeared) to get anyone to A+/S Rank the whole time. I think I did a bad job. I didn't do any side missions though (played on hard/casual because I tend to leave a lone pegasus within bowshot).

Gonna go for normal/classic on Conquest next and try to pay more attention to support levels.

Oops... I just beat Birthright and never paid enough attention to support levels (though I did all the conversations that appeared) to get anyone to A+/S Rank the whole time. I think I did a bad job. I didn't do any side missions though (played on hard/casual because I tend to leave a lone pegasus within bowshot).

Gonna go for normal/classic on Conquest next and try to pay more attention to support levels.

Well, it's not like you have to build S supports (although if nothing else the extra pairup stats are worth it).

Don't feel too bad. Paired endings are worse than single endings anyway. It's harder to pair units up in Conquest due to the lack of grinding too. Just save that stuff for Revelations.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I have started Fire Emblem 12 and I like it a lot more than Fire Emblem 6. Some of the early maps were really simplistic, but Maps 11 and 12 kicked my ass. In 11 the flying dragons were decimating my team and required measured splits of my groups to lure them to different groups who then had to kill them using distance attacks and a final close-range strike in order to conserve their energy, still the map was extremely tight and I was very thankful for the saving opportunities. This will probably be a pain in the ass in FE3, assuming that one does not offer savepoints on the map.

Map 12 afterwards I could only defeat by sending out my Pegasus trio with some Javelines to decimate the enemies on the upper side of the map without stepping on the castles on the bridge, triggering the ultimate onslaught. I tried numerous times to beat this level without resorting to this cheap work-around (that probably was not intended by the developers, considering the events that were encoded here), but I just could not make it. Afterwards, Map 13 was extemely simple, up to the point where the huge amount of reinforcements came. Same-round-moving, extremely high range reinforcementes are quite cheap, good that they got rid of that in Fates.

I have started Fire Emblem 12 and I like it a lot more than Fire Emblem 6. Some of the early maps were really simplistic, but Maps 11 and 12 kicked my ass. In 11 the flying dragons were decimating my team and required measured splits of my groups to lure them to different groups who then had to kill them using distance attacks and a final close-range strike in order to conserve their energy, still the map was extremely tight and I was very thankful for the saving opportunities. This will probably be a pain in the ass in FE3, assuming that one does not offer savepoints on the map.

Map 12 afterwards I could only defeat by sending out my Pegasus trio with some Javelines to decimate the enemies on the upper side of the map without stepping on the castles on the bridge, triggering the ultimate onslaught. I tried numerous times to beat this level without resorting to this cheap work-around (that probably was not intended by the developers, considering the events that were encoded here), but I just could not make it. Afterwards, Map 13 was extemely simple, up to the point where the huge amount of reinforcements came. Same-round-moving, extremely high range reinforcementes are quite cheap, good that they got rid of that in Fates.

What difficulty are you playing FE12 on?

Also do you have mixed reclass/lunatic statbooster shop or not?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
What difficulty are you playing FE12 on?

Also do you have mixed reclass/lunatic statbooster shop or not?

I am playing on Hard / Casual. And no, it's my first time, so I don't have have that. I wouldn't use it anyway, I never reclass and I never buy items (other than iron weapons / staves).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I would kill for another FE with the scope and scale of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. The console Fire Emblems always have the best plot and worlds.

On that note I have never beaten Thracia. And I probably never will. I love its concept and setting, though.

Top Bottom