• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

It is what it is. (I'm pretty sure he said something like that).

Although, it is much more reasonable than some diehards expecting IS to rehire Kaga out of being blacklisted/retirement.

edit.

something something male corrin robbed.

spiritfox

o0515068313710459285.jpg

Elise has a pony. I think someone was asking for it?

PRE-ORDER BUTTON: WHERE IS IT!? WHERE. IS. IT!?!?!?
ALSO, STRATEGIST VERSION WHEN!?

Er...um...ahem...I'm...totally fine. Thanks for asking.

-----

Random mobage thought: I wonder if they'll try to expand on My Castle and base building.

lol the average lifespans given from the PoR book are kind of inconsistent

300 years:
The average life span of a Heron accounting for the Serenes Massacre that wiped most of them out. Inconsistency solved! :V

let's see if my kino has PoR artbook or not. if there's one, no need to wait until RD ones released
Cipher Caravan tote bag came in today.

Anybody pick up Caravan merchandise, asides from me?

you know the answer already :p

edit:elise nendo pouting faceplate is kinda ugly

Draxal

let's see if my kino has PoR artbook or not. if there's one, no need to wait until RD ones released

you know the answer already :p

edit:elise nendo pouting faceplate is kinda ugly

Kinda surprised Aveyn didn't get them yet honestly.

Looks like she goes up for preorder friday JST right?

Draxal

The Kita thread on r/fireemblem got me thinking about something.

What's your three absolute favorite pieces of fire emblem art.

My favorite three at this moment.

1. Cover for Fates/IF ost. Insanely gorgeous.
2/3 is a tie between Kita's Vanguard Ike from Cipher set 5 and Lucina's official art from Awakening (the one with her sitting).

wait what

*checks*

hey PK Gaming: no

though really series tradition says there should be a new artist and if they stick with Kozaki cause "lol gotta play it safe now" I'm gonna be annoyed

jzbluz

I don't really keep up with the art from FE, but I'm really excited that the next FE will probably have a new artist. I like the current one just fine, but I'm ready for something new.

if kozaki isn't involved, then how owain gonna appear and show off his chuuni-ness D:
Summer Comi in a week. Something special for fans at 90?
doubt it. nothing has been officially announced so most likely the only FE stuffs there are doujins

What's your three absolute favorite pieces of fire emblem art.

My favorite three at this moment.

1. Cover for Fates/IF ost. Insanely gorgeous.
2/3 is a tie between Kita's Vanguard Ike from Cipher set 5 and Lucina's official art from Awakening (the one with her sitting).

hrmm..... Lucina OST, yukata Lucina official art, Lucina... err.... artbook cover!
/runs

edit: Elise nendo is up for preorder, January 2017 release

Draxal

Summer Comi in a week. Something special for fans at 90?

They're still doing the Cipher caravan across Japan (it is in Sapporo at the same time as Comiket), so I think that gets priority from IS.

I don't really keep up with the art from FE, but I'm really excited that the next FE will probably have a new artist. I like the current one just fine, but I'm ready for something new.

I wouldn't say probably tbh. Kozaki's still very involved with Cipher, and since they hit bank with Awakening/Fates, IS might decide to keep him for another game.

Golnei

I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see him return for at least one more game - his style is central to the visual identitty of the modern series. Though if they do plan on transitioning to a new artist for the next main game, maybe heavily involving them with Cipher and/or the mobile game would be useful gauges of whether they hold the same kind of appeal for the current audience, before they go forward with a mainline entry with their art.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I mistyped regarding the difficulty by the way, it was Hard / Classic. Don't know why I typed Casual.

I am quite OCD with ressources, I don't use money unless I absolutely must and I don't use expendable items unless I absolutely must (extending, in FE, to using preferrably those expendable items that can always be bought in the prep screen.

I am alsodone with the main game now, though I might not have gotten the best ending possible. Is the ending different if all four girls survive the final level? I didn't have one of the people required to rescue them all, also, I have trained none of them, so even if I did have all of them, it would be rather troublesome to rescue all four girls...

Now I'm on to the BS maps.

CSX

If they are planning to continue these story/character connections like they did from Awakening to Fates, I bet they will find it hard to switch over to a new artist.

CazTGG

I'd prefer they move on from Kozaki and go with someone else. His particular strengths aren't best utilized in a fantasy series like Fire Emblem in spite of a handful of good designs (Corrin's manakete form), to say nothing about how the designs are overall less unique in comparison to previous entries or the series tendency to change up artists after every two entries or so.

If they are planning to continue these story/character connections like they did from Awakening to Fates, I bet they will find it hard to switch over to a new artist.

They didn't seem to have a problem involving a mashup of various artists for the DLC of Awakening, so I fail to see why they couldn't switch up artists for the next entry if it does have some story connections.

CSX

They didn't seem to have a problem involving a mashup of various artists for the DLC of Awakening, so I fail to see why they couldn't switch up artists for the next entry if it does have some story connections.

Like you said it's just DLC. You would never see those designs/portraits in the game unless you purchased it and all that DLC was just fanservice anyway.

Personally, I think all that DLC for Awakening was just getting everyone warmed up to draw some shit for the TCG lol

And I do want a new artist. Hell, I even want Kita to come back. Radiant Dawn designs to me are still the best in the series.

Draxal

Like you said it's just DLC. You would never see those designs/portraits in the game unless you purchased it and all that DLC was just fanservice anyway.

Personally, I think all that DLC for Awakening was just getting everyone warmed up to draw some shit for the TCG lol

That and you got 100 Song of Heroes (which reused that DLC) also as a prelude... to the tcg I hear ya.

Int systems is definitely getting more adventurous with the IP (if they're really the distributor for the Camilla statue).

Speaking of 100 Song of Heroes, just realized Kita did Sigurd for that set ... and I kinda hate it. oh well.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The final BS map and the final DLC map of FE12 were quite difficult. Is there a viable alternative strategy to pressing forward and killing all the enemies on the right side quickly, using the defense raising item on Camus and blocking the one choke point where one tile is sufficient to block the right side off completely, equiping armorslayers or silver weapons and using that healing spear for healing purposes every round, while advancing the healer to the map goal? I'm asking, since this strategy is the only one working that I could come up with, but it did not have a success probability of 100% (as evident in particular by the fact that I was killed on my first time where I managed to get to the point where the choke point is blocked and the healer advanced).

Golnei

That was clearly presented as separate from the main game's content, but Fates still provides a precedent with the amiibo artwork for Marth and Ike, which is presented in exactly the same style as the rest of the cast; and replicates existing designs rather than using a reinterpretation like most of FE11/12 or Tiki in Awakening did.

jzbluz

Weren't the returning characters low on the popularity poll? So the next FE might not have them. Hopefully. I want a more self contained story next time along with a new artist to go along with the new hardware.

NeonZ

Weren't the returning characters low on the popularity poll? So the next FE might not have them. Hopefully. I want a more self contained story next time along with a new artist to go along with the new hardware.

They weren't as high as before, but Owain and Inigo were still in the top 10, right after the royals, Niles and Jacob.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/if_bk/questionary/index.html

The ones that really didn't work and dropped to very low positions were the Hoshido reincarnations.

CazTGG

I'd attribute that more to the overall weaker writing of Fates as opposed to any fault of Kozaki. That being said, i'm all for a more focused story instead of a trio of weak and distorted tales that, while full of good ideas, never rise above being okay at best or insulting at worst.

This is a really enjoyable watch.

I love seeing FE6 being speedrun. The various sound effects and the like are just music to my ears.

too bad enemy phase skip totally killed the intrigue of speedruns starting from FE11

maybe someone should do a speedrun on the highest difficulty of any Fire Emblem game for once...

Top Bottom