• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Anilones

I recently purchased a 2DS and am interested in getting back into Fire Emblem, is the general consensus now to skip Awakening and go straight to Fates?

Interesting, although the description is really vague. How do we know they're not just talking about characters in general, like changing their class, equipping skills etc?

Of course, I do believe there will be an Avatar.

I recently purchased a 2DS and am interested in getting back into Fire Emblem, is the general consensus now to skip Awakening and go straight to Fates?

Pretty much, yeah. Birthright refines the stuff introduced in Awakening while Conquest takes those things and uses them against you. Some enemy formations and skill combos can be pretty nasty...

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/763258358111477763

I love how it's in english but it uses simulation rpg, which only the japanese call it that.

Edit. It's from the Dena presser - but still weird that they have an english release.

C'moooon marriage.
>____>

Interesting, although the description is really vague. How do we know they're not just talking about characters in general, like changing their class, equipping skills etc?

Of course, I do believe there will be an Avatar.

Is a bit vague, yeah, though I'd guess class/skill stuff would fall under the RPG part, making it redundant.

Golnei

Is a bit vague, yeah, though I'd guess class/skill stuff would fall under the RPG part, making it redundant.

I agree that an avatar is still the more likely interpretation, but it could also be taken as a hypothetical continuation of the cosmetic customisation Fates introduced; accessories and swimsuits would tie into a free-to-start model fairly well.

CazTGG

C'moooon marriage.
>____>

Please don't. I miss when Fire Emblem realized not every relationship has to end in romance, especially if it means getting the generic garbage epilogues that we got in Fates i.e. some could end with a mutual parting, heartbreaking reunion as enemies at a later time, etc.

Golnei

Please don't. I miss when Fire Emblem realized not every relationship has to end in romance, especially if it means getting the generic garbage epilogues that we got in Fates i.e. some could end with a mutual parting, heartbreaking reunion as enemies at a later time, etc.

It's not like it's in any danger of being removed from the main series either, but there's no way they won't include the marriage system for the mobile game. Though if it does turn out to be a series-wide crossover, maybe they should look into either polyamory or multiple avatars, because they can't ask people to settle for just one waifu from the entire series' cast. A monogamous approach would also run counter to the entire point of the gacha system and service games as a whole - early adopters are punished for getting into the game at launch by having to settle for a sub-optimal waifu instead of their preferred choice, which may be added entire years later; and the incentive to keep pulling is diminished once you've taken one of your desired prizes.

Weebos

Banned

This still happens in Fates, though from what I can tell it is only limited to Children S supports.

It's not like it's in any danger of being removed from the main series either, but there's no way they won't include the marriage system for the mobile game. Though if it does turn out to be a series-wide crossover, maybe they should look into either polyamory or multiple avatars, because they can't ask people to settle for just one waifu from the entire series' cast. A monogamous approach would also run counter to the entire point of the gacha system and service games as a whole - early adopters are punished for getting into the game at launch by having to settle for a sub-optimal waifu instead of their preferred choice, which may be added entire years later; and the incentive to keep pulling is diminished once you've taken one of your desired prizes.

sick troll post dude

Golnei

sick troll post dude

What part of that is trolling? The phrasing? The current marriage system can present difficulties if adapted 1:1 to a service game which will presumably be intended to be played over a long period of time using a single continuous avatar, with the periodic addition of new characters driving continuous interest.

Lynx_7

Divorce system confirmed. You lose half your gold and equipments for each waifu you divorce and don't get to use the children units except on weekends.
kappa

jzbluz

I wonder if we are getting a worldwide (or nearly worldwide) launch for the game. I'm looking forward to it, but I also hope it doesn't delay the next FE for NX.

Chrom

Michalis by Rika Suzuki
ucAVMrf.png

i fucked up in fire emblem Nohr so hard. by far the hardest I've ever screwed the pooch in this series
ive just been visiting castles and shit forever and doing mock battles, and my castle was being invaded and i let my people die forgetting they would die for real this time
so i lost like 6 dudes and now i have to start over

rip me

i fucked up in fire emblem Nohr so hard. by far the hardest I've ever screwed the pooch in this series
ive just been visiting castles and shit forever and doing mock battles, and my castle was being invaded and i let my people die forgetting they would die for real this time
so i lost like 6 dudes and now i have to start over

rip me

lol RIP

just be brave & go on & not reset :p

fe9 artbook is available at local kino. seems the jacked up price + discounts makes the price is comparable to amazon price, so I guess i'll get it when I go there next time

2!

Did you get the digital copy of this month's Dengeki? Was there any new art or stuffs shown there?

Anyway, the usual place has pictures of Alec/Noishe/and Ayra.

They nailed Ira/Ayra w/e.

nope. they already stopped digital distribution for Dengeki Nintendo for months already. I'm thinking of getting both dengeki & dream from local kino
when i'm no longer a neet

Either it is hefty to deal with or "lol w.e"

Dang, I was pretty hopeful we were getting it.

But the European version of Fates replaced the latest DLC message (on the bottom screen when you load a save file) with "there's DLC", which doesn't give me much hope.

Not sure what it's like for the North American version.

CazTGG

Either it is hefty to deal with or "lol w.e"

Pretty sure they'll be localizing it, it's just that they haven't had a Nintendo Direct to announce it or a release date like they did last time. Frankly, we're due for another one after such a long stretch between the last one in addition to the fall season staring up.

EDIT: Just remembered this long look at Revelation is finally finished.

woopWOOP

Playing through Fire Emblem 4 for the first time still. Love the big battlefields with multiple armies.

These bosses are getting stupidly strong tho. Chapter 9 Arion was bad enough, but now a bored Julias is hunting my units for sport and I can't even dent him with any of my legendary weapon crew. Since he teleports out after a kill I'm thinking of just sacrificing Oifey for the greater good and move on, because otherwise I'll be stuck here reloading savestates forever.

Playing through Fire Emblem 4 for the first time still. Love the big battlefields with multiple armies.

These bosses are getting stupidly strong tho. Chapter 9 Arion was bad enough, but now a bored Julias is hunting my units for sport and I can't even dent him with any of my legendary weapon crew. Since he teleports out after a kill I'm thinking of just sacrificing Oifey for the greater good and move on, because otherwise I'll be stuck here reloading savestates forever.

You can take out Ishtar. Shanan, Ales, Faval or a Holsety user can do it with some luck.

Top Bottom