• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

Finn.

CqnXCZXUMAAFeOB.png

He looks like he is a cast member in #FE.

Chrom

I wouldn't hold my breath for any news about the Fire Emblem mobile game at the Fire Emblem Cipher livestream this weekend, but I think it would be nice if they acknowledged it and said that fans could expect some kind of crossover between the two products in the future (e.g., Emma, Shade, Yuzu, and Lando could show up in the mobile game, or an upcoming starter deck will come with a download code for a character in the mobile game).

Nintendo is very diligent in how any new information regarding their DeNA-collaborated mobile titles will be released. Every tidbit about them, including Fire Emblem, has come from a strictly Nintendo source (usually via their investor meetings). Note that Intelligent Systems has yet to publicly acknowledge the existence of the mobile game through anything like Fire Emblem World or the official Fire Emblem Twitter despite the given fact that they own the property and would be very much involved with the project (a free-to-play Fire Emblem is kind of a big deal). I think it's safe to assume that there's an agreement on when and how new details will be released and Nintendo has something with their best interests in mind.

Realistically I think the first big details about the mobile game will be made public through something Nintendo will do themselves and not through a regularly held livestream by Intelligent Systems about a whole other product. It's not necessarily impossible that we may hear something about the game through there, because during those livestreams they do like to touch on other Fire Emblem things (Tellius Recollection, Awakening OST re-release, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE, etc.), but the mobile game is a little bit of an outlier when it comes to who's involved and how, and I can see that as a good reason as why it wouldn't appear in a Fire Emblem Cipher livestream, or at least not yet.

tbh there's no way the 1st real info about the mobile game will be from cipher streams. it's like sending the product to death considering the only people who watch it are either cipher players, collectors, or die hard fans and hardly covered by major sites (even if it ends up covered, it will be quite slow), compared to either direct which viewed by broader range of people or investor meetings which usually gets larger coverage.
considering the next investor meeting is late October, most likely there'll be exclusive direct or something about both FE & AC mobile games next month or early October.

Chrom

So on the FE Cipher homepage they revealed that Mr. Kawade brought his own deck to the last Cipher Caravan event in Tokyo. They posted a photo of his cards and that man was apparently using Series 6 cards that haven't even been seen before. Low-res image profiles of the cards in question are up on Kizuna but the gist is that Arvis and Erin (aka Fury/Ferry) are confirmed now.

Draxal

I wouldn't hold my breath for any news about the Fire Emblem mobile game at the Fire Emblem Cipher livestream this weekend, but I think it would be nice if they acknowledged it and said that fans could expect some kind of crossover between the two products in the future (e.g., Emma, Shade, Yuzu, and Lando could show up in the mobile game, or an upcoming starter deck will come with a download code for a character in the mobile game).

Basically, the most i'm expecting is that they might acknowledge that starting with Seisen Starters or booster boxes, they'll release digital codes for the mobile game.

NeonZ

Maybe they're waiting for the NX's reveal if the rumor about Nintendo's mobile titles also coming out for it was correct.

Draxal

Eliwood looks great.

Cq3Slp6UsAAqOTn.jpg

Set 8 Awakening and Seisen.

Altenna gets her card.

Cq3UAzUUEAAke-v.jpg

Suprised they went second gen Seisen over Thracia myself.

Draxal

Kozaki had a Exalt Chrom sketch a while back, so it wasn't a shock.

Holy shit, they have an Arvis lighting SIgurd on Fire split posters.

Cq3VModUAAAzGsN.jpg

Sety just has like, the coolest entrances ever in both games. In FE4 he has the Pent thing where you instinctively assume you need to save him, but then realize that he doesn't need your help.

And then in Thracia the first time he shows up, he kills everyone and is like "I have more important things to do, but you can probably use Asvel's help and I don't need it". And then he shows up again later and kills the boss and also every other enemy for the rest of the game. He can teleport himself anywhere on the map so that he can fight any enemy, and pretty much all of them are weaker than him.

Sigurd and Finn are both really cool, along with some other great Juggdral characters like Lex, Cuan, Ares, or Levin, but something was just absurdly cool to me about how Sety's strength is just so goddamn high both in gameplay and story. His personality isn't like, incredibly special, but his driven sense of purpose and his confidence matched with his absurd power made him like, an instalove character for me.

why would Chrom post that, I don't see Chrom in those cards

btw I don't even recognize some of those characters, can you list them in order

why would Chrom post that, I don't see Chrom in those cards

btw I don't even recognize some of those characters, can you list them in order

Lewyn, Siegbert
Midori, Kaze
Leo, Camilla
Deirde, Arvis
Raquesis

Oh dear, that smug look on Arvis's face and the Belhalla(?) knights behind him...

Renewed

Man I feel like if I don't see a Kurosawa drawn Elise each day, I'll be deprived of joy or something. Maybe.

If they talk about Fates/if DLC tomorrow on any of the Directs, I'll eat crow.

Top Bottom