• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

StayDead

Today's card: Beruka!

CrF_HioVYAEnvnc.png

o_o

Golnei

Are we talking about Beruka's card? I feel like the composition edges towards being too cluttered, but the sharp division of tones between background and foreground and anchored focal point in the form of the armpit helps ease it towards being readable. Also note how the curved trails of flame perfectly frame the armpit, centering it as a powerful dominant figure in the overall tableau.

Dubious achievement unlocked: Got Sigurd killed on the very first chapter of FE4.

I didn't feel like waiting for Ethlin. >.>

-

A part of me expects something absolutely insane from the next entry. Like Fire Emblem going sci-fi with rocket knights, cyber ninjas, and mecha dragons and stuff in an effort to flash it up to GBA levels. More chainswords, electric katanas, and laser beams (plus new stuff) for everyone! And less trees. :| Also less triple ninja backflips when using Lethality.

Now, the odds are incredibly low so I'm not actually expecting it. I'm just throwing that out there so you know who to blame if it does happen.

-

On Beruka: Yeah, too busy. The strong reds and yellows call your attention all over the place. Clearly a diversionary tactic to improve Beruka's already good aim.

On Elise...'s pony: I want to say it's the angle, but its proximity to Elise is a bit close going by the legs. Then again, Elise is on a different angle compared to all the background elements. idk

On Elise: Something struck me recently about her getup. While it overall screams 12-year-old Nohrian princess, maybe I'm just seeing things, but does the chest area remind anyone else of Corrin's overall color scheme but with a heart motif?

A part of me expects something absolutely insane from the next entry. Like Fire Emblem going sci-fi with rocket knights, cyber ninjas, and mecha dragons and stuff in an effort to flash it up to GBA levels. More chainswords, electric katanas, and laser beams (plus new stuff) for everyone! And less trees. :| Also less triple ninja backflips when using Lethality.

Now, the odds are incredibly low so I'm not actually expecting it. I'm just throwing that out there so you know who to blame if it does happen.

I want this just for the reactions.

It's depressing that the first thing I thought after not seeing the scramble maps on there was "Do I have to start worrying about this not making it stateside as well?"

I'm running under the assumption that Nintendo is just separating the two from everything else so it can spread things out a bit and have more time to translate everything, but given recent events, nothing would surprise me at this point.

Seems I was right to worry. Since there wasn't a word of it in the direct today, I'm assuming Festival of Bonds is staying in Japan.

now I kinda want this to happen...

On the bright side, Awakening is finally getting a price drop in Japan!

oh I should get it then one day. need to try myself that mute robin path

L95

I thought that it was just flipped direction of her head sprite

Hm? Geneaology can have sprites face left and right, it's not like Gaiden or Dark Dragon where the portrait faced one way all the time.

(Ok, technically no, FE4 has two duplicates of every portrait facing either direction since the game can't flip them on its own)

7NTZnwe.png
7QxXzDo.png

They do literally have the same face like some other characters and it is kinda freaky, yes.

Actually I think I kind of want to do another FE playthrough, should I play another game for the first time or replay one of them? I haven't beaten 1-3 or 12, and I can't play Fates right now because my brother is borrowing it.

CazTGG

Actually I think I kind of want to do another FE playthrough, should I play another game for the first time or replay one of them? I haven't beaten 1-3 or 12, and I can't play Fates right now because my brother is borrowing it.

Go for Gaiden, i'd say. The story is non-existant but at least the gameplay's interesting enough to justify seeing it through the final fight.

Draxal

What if King Chrom is the S6 R+X card?

Really doubt it; EXALT Chrom of the HALIDOM OF IRIS YLISSE screams SR 5/4 or 6/5.

But then again they've been doing new stuff each set.

12 since you have recently played Thracia and Conquest.

CazTGG

http://site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/page5-02

1st link is from his onedrive, but sharing limit reached so it is undownloadable from there atm
2nd one is from gigafile file hosting... but shitty speed lol

edit: done downloading... seems downloading the files 1 by one is much faster lol
http://1.fly.gigafile.nu/0912-idaf1d2b925febad09170ef17062c6a88

Seems like they added in a third link to download it from: http://fast-uploader.com/file/7028649016558/

I'll give it a shot but I doubt i'll be heavily invested in beating it when I have a new JRPG to burn my way through.

Downloaded from the third link, but it says data.dts is compressed with an unsupported format (using 7zip).

So I'm now attempting to download that file separately, but it's taking its sweet time XD

Draxal

Today's card: Quan!

CroqhiTUkAA4OLh.png

Sachiko Wada is really really good, she nailed it. Kinda surprised that Quan got the Sr, but happy about it.

His numbering is interesting. Do they give Deirdre only two cards, or do they alot Alec and Noishe at 4 and 5. If they give Cuan only two cards there will be spaces for two cards between him and Ethlyn.

Lynx_7

Any chance of Vestaria Saga being fan translated? We haven't even gotten Berwick yet...
For those playing, how is it? Looks very RPG Maker-ish, which makes sense considering the engine's pretty much the srpg equivalent. If they brought it over here I'd love to test it out.

Draxal

Any chance of Vestaria Saga being fan translated? We haven't even gotten Berwick yet...
For those playing, how is it? Looks very RPG Maker-ish, which makes sense considering the engine's pretty much the srpg equivalent. If they brought it over here I'd love to test it out.

Think its pretty low, because of the engine issues.

I wonder if Kaga is into Cipher.

I think he might be due to the art only. Quan has never looked better.

Chrom

My first Cipher order came in the mail today. Shout out to Draxal for directing me to the sale on Serenes Forest as I probably would've missed it otherwise.

The Chrom marker card was the prime reason why I was interested, but the deal included the Azura and Tiki markers so I welcomed those too. Mitama and Vyland however were nice surprises that I wasn't expecting, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

Top Bottom