• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

My first Cipher order came in the mail today. Shout out to Draxal for directing me to the sale on Serenes Forest as I probably would've missed it otherwise.

The Chrom marker card was the prime reason why I was interested, but the deal included the Azura and Tiki markers so I welcomed those too. Mitama and Vyland however were nice surprises that I wasn't expecting, but I appreciate them nonetheless.

Oh glad you got them, for a limited event item, it was a great price.

Golnei

I'm not sure if March is earlier or later than I was expecting for the mobile game - being released this year didn't really seem like a possibility, at least.

Chrom

I hope they don't make it a timed exclusive platform release like what they're doing with Super Mario Run. Would be a little annoying to have it first on iOS then Android later or vice versa.

I hope they don't make it a timed exclusive platform release like what they're doing with Super Mario Run. Would be a little annoying to have it first on iOS then Android later or vice versa.

oh huh Super Mario Run didn't mention an Android release....

jzbluz

There's always Vestaria Saga.

But can I play it in my phone? I'll get to it eventually, but I don't really like playing on my laptop.

Yeah but if he could read Japanese he could just play Persona 5 in a week.

I've played FE and TearRing Saga in Japanese before, so I could probably get through VS. But the gameplay in the Persona series is not good enough for me to play it in Japanese.

But can I play it in my phone? I'll get to it eventually, but I don't really like playing on my laptop.

I've played FE and TearRing Saga in Japanese before, so I could probably get through VS. But the gameplay in the Persona series is not good enough for me to play it in Japanese.

pc onry

woopWOOP

I thought it was weird my cursor went all the way to the top left of the map on the start of every turn. Seliph was constantly greyed out at the start so I decided to reload a save, only for him to end up all the way over there out of bounds, lol

Guess I'll stop messing with the dismount action then. Glad I had another save from before this!

Draxal

I asked Shouta if we can create a Vestaria Saga OT and says we're fine to create one.

SakuraAveyn, Chrom, Neko are any of you guys up for it?

Chrom

I'd love to see an actual OT made and think there actually should be one, but I don't believe I should be the one to make it.

-

Today's cards: Arthur!

Cr0B6PcVMAEuz5Z.png

I downloaded VS but I'm trying to decide if my Japanese is adequate to play it. I definitely won't understand the story at my level but I'm not sure if it's good enough to like, understand mission objectives or what items/skills do.

L95

I don't know much Japanese but I'm stumbling through ok at the moment.... the first chapter is an escape mission. You escape on the tile with the sign, I kinda... took me a little while to figure that out :B

Draxal

Tw

Cr5mKOTUMAAUWo8.png

It's going to be part of the 8 piece panorama with Xander (look at the background).

The conflicting art styles oh my.

tAOXhpo.png

HXj4jOk.jpg

Hmm, I suppose I can work on the Vestaria OT if nobody else thinks they're qualified. I'll probably work on it during the weekend.

Any suggestions for a OT name and what to include?

I'll probably start with an introduction, move onto the download link, gameplay, story, characters and finally a FAQ.

The other thing I'm thinking is that Mr. Kaga doesn't want to be named, so I'll have to tread carefully.

Erheller

Hmm, I suppose I can work on the Vestaria OT if nobody else thinks they're qualified. I'll probably work on it during the weekend.

I'll probably start with an introduction, move onto the download link, gameplay, story, characters and finally a FAQ.

The other thing I'm thinking is that Mr. Kaga doesn't want to be named, so I'll have to tread carefully.

Why is that? I'm not up to date on Kaga-Nintendo relationships (or anything related to Kaga, really).

Draxal

I think you're the man for the job, the majority of us here can't read Japanese, appreciate you stepping up to the plate.

The title should mention that it's by the original creator of Fire Emblem, as much as the community thread knows who Kaga is and why the game is important, others won't so a jokey title wouldn't work here.

As per the bolded, why do you think that? I thought you mentioned earlier that he was kinda surprised that so many foreigners knew who he was.

I'm not sure why, but he says it in the stealth update of this post.

"It's fine to introduce the game, but please refrain from mentioning my name or spreading topics about me."

I want to say VS is from the creator of FE, but dunno if that falls under the last part.

If I had to guess, maybe it's protection from being sued by Nintendo. IIRC, Kaga's name isn't found in the credits of Berwick Saga.

Almost finished. Just need suggestions for the OT name : P

Vestaria Saga I [OT] Not Fire Emblem for PC

Vestaria Saga I [OT] Fire Emblem Maker

Vestaria Saga I [OT] The Exiled S_Kaga and the Fire Emblem

I dunno, I'm no good with titles.

Vestaria Saga I [OT] Voldemort's Fire Emblem

Happy now?

Everyone's going to think it's Harry Potter x Fire Emblem though.

EDIT

Maybe a bit more subtle?

Vestaria Saga I [OT] From the _______ of Fire Emblem

CazTGG

Vestaria Saga |OT| The First Rule About Fire Emblem Is You Don't Talk About Its Creator

Vestaria Saga |OT| From He Who Must Not Be Named

Vestaria Saga |OT| Tactical RPG Maker

Vestaria Saga |OT| Just Like Fire (Emblem)

Phew, that worked out better than I expected.

Now, I'm not going to say I had the best title, but I felt like it was the most appropriate given all the options : P

Renewed

Looking at the options, it was fated to include Fire Emblem huh.

Also that Eldigan, my eyes (doesn't help that I'm super tired)

Weebos

Banned
I'm doing a Bond Unit run of Birthright, so I spammed so many people with accessories.

I haven't played in a week or so and I'm already dreading my notifications.

Chrom

Willing to bet they'll get Hisashi Momose to illustrate Camilla's SR to complete the full Nohr image. I don't think it'll be Mayo again.

A bit jarring, but I prefer this to the alternative, which is one poor soul illustrating 8 top-quality cards.

Hopefully Sakura's card is also by Tetsu Kurosawa : 3

Here's a reward for you,

Do you need my postal address?

Top Bottom