• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

1. I had tickets to NYCC yesterday but I diidn't go as I had other stuff come up, so I'm kinda grumpy that I missed seeing that. Although since I got the figma Link and Zelda pins, that they were giving away ... I'm not that grumpy.
2. I don't mind fanservice usually, but wow that really does look awkward.

Apenheul

Gah :/

WVW69jsjGsM4TL2nO0

Chrom

My Awakening artbook started to ship, although it'll be here by the 20th...

Nice to see someone else getting theirs too, I have mine ordered as well. It's not yet shipped, but thankfully I should be getting it on the day of release. Really looking forward to it!

CazTGG

re-release? i'm betting her blush faceplate problem is still the same as the 1st release

Something like that. The blush faceplate doesn't look too great, hence why i'm using the stoic/Marth combination for the head. Honestly, i'm more bugged by how frustrating it is to get the hands to properly hold the sword than that.

Renewed

Renewed

Lucky! Really envious of the fact that you're getting this a week early since the release date is supposed to be the 18th.

Yeah kinda odd, I guess Chapters ships out books when they arrive or this was a one-time thing. It was also weird when I noticed it arrived but they charged an expired card. I thought they'd make sure the charge goes through and then ship. Not complaining though, it's pretty nice (and a tad hefty, wew)

FSLink

Banned
This is the week for it to get announced with Halloween coming up.

And nothing it looks like, eShop day has already passed. RIP. Goodbye to all hope of having unlimited Hero and Exalt Brands. Someone should make a thread if there isn't already one, because this is kinda dumb we're missing out on some character development and some nice gameplay perks. :/

RiggyRob

In case anyone's interested, I'm doing my first ever Ironman playthrough of Fire Emblem 7 as YouTube Let's Play.

Standard Ironman rules, with a Lords clause so that if a Lord dies, I'll restart the chapter and continue the game, but I'll sacrifice a character in their place (I'll put the choices in a poll on YouTube and Twitter so that viewers can decide who that should be).

I'm having to play the forced tutorial Lyn Mode and Eliwood Normal Mode since it's a brand new game on the Wii U Virtual Console, so I've turned off battle animations until Eliwood's Mode, but I am following the story (with terrible voice acting to boot).

Part 1: Lyn Mode - Prologue
Part 2: Lyn Mode - Chapter 1

Looking forward to it!

CSX

And nothing it looks like, eShop day has already passed. RIP. Goodbye to all hope of having unlimited Hero and Exalt Brands. Someone should make a thread if there isn't already one, because this is kinda dumb we're missing out on some character development and some nice gameplay perks. :/

Was about to say the same thing. This basically turns me away from buying all their DLC in the next installment :\

NeonZ

The DLC for Fates always seemed kind of odd to me - even if you go by the Japanese release there was never any max difficulty or general post-game focused maps - and there are still skills ready for DLC which were never distributed. I'm not sure why they changed their approach from Awakening's model. They just needed to have better production values and design.

CazTGG

Hopes and wishes for Fire Emblem Switch?

-2D Animation (Sprites are fine but i'd personally love to see a handdrawn entry in the series, if only to see how stylish they could make the transition from map to battle. Also so critical animations aren't so visually dull as they've been in Awakening in Fates, albeit the latter showed some signs of improvement)
-A story and set of villains that isn't/aren't terrible this time (preferably with Yasumi Matsuno scripting it)
-No more <Avatar name here>
-Don't repeat the Soleil debacle/give us gay characters/same sex options if marriages are included (as in more than one and without the creepy conversion therapy)
-If included, handle marriages a la Seisen No Keifu i.e. split the children and (most of) the adults into separate parts of a connected story
-Base conversations to make a comeback
-Keep the My Castle feature from Fates
-If monsters are to be included, have multiple kinds and make them more than simple palette swaps of basic classes

Basically, build off of Fates' excellent structure and correct its relatively easy errors in the next iteration and we could have the best game in the series.

Lynx_7

Screw sprites, time to go full 3D and make it good this time.

This is where I stand too.

Full voice acting for story scenes would be nice. Now that Fire Emblem is a solid mid-weight for Nintendo I want to see them step up its presentation. If avatars have to go, then so be it. If they're here to stay, then stop writting the story and characters around them, it makes them feel like cheap self-insert mary sues. If there's no good justification for child units then drop them. I also hope they don't feel obliged to make 3 different versions just because Fates was a success. Take cues from map and challenge design from Conquest instead of Birthright.

If nothing else, just please make the plot more engaging this time.

Actual expectations: Awakening 3.0

jzbluz

I'm planning on not buying a Switch until I know when the next game (or SMTV/RF5) comes out, so I hope they announce it soon so I can buy a FE themed Switch that's hopefully not region locked. I also want them to focus on a smaller cast this time.

I really hate how they've used the Avatars in the last two games.

I don't want them to be relevant to the story at all. Or give them a minor role, personal bodyguard to a main character if you want.

Like Oswin, he had a couple moments. I can't
actually think of a better example right now.

-I would also like Base Conversations. They add a lot to the characters. Hinoka could've used them for example.
-Better models and full voice acting. The way they keep using cutscenes without dialogue is really jarring now and the models goofy expressions don't help either.
-A option for sprite battle animations. I have no problem with the current set up but options are nice
-cut the children's or make them a part 2 of the story. Awakening was a okay try, Fates was terrible.
-i have mix feelings about the My castle. It's neat but also breaks some of the immersion for me. (Just a nitpick personally)
-let me save on the final battle
-I would like branching story lines like RD
-some chapters with your given fixed stats and can't level up like the children DLC. Those were pretty fun.

I've enjoyed the 3DS games but I hope IS continues to make changes to their games. I feel their getting FE to their full potential.

Golnei

I'm going to miss the dual screen setup - it's not going to be unworkable or anything without it; but the ease of displaying information on both screens made for a noticeable QoL difference.

If nothing else, just please make the plot more engaging this time.

Actual expectations: Awakening 3.0

Considering how they started digging through the ground after how low Awakening set expectations in that regard; an absolute minimum of optimism would definitely be the safest choice. I'd actually like to see if they can produce a worse story than Fates, it'd be more interesting than a marginal improvement.

Top Bottom