• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

NeonZ

The special edition of Fates is already the "definitive" version.

A "Definitive" edition would need to be a remake that incorporated the DLC retcons into the actual main storylines. No way it's ever happening though.

We're more likely to just see another game on Fates' engine if they want to get a new FE out quickly. I don't think they're in any hurry though, considering how long it took for Fates to come out and the games' success.

SCluk1X.jpg

Chrom

Lloyd's cards in Cipher are really cool. I like that his HN card shows him during his early days as a Black Fang member.

CwpV8tXUQAACw58.png

Mediking

With a New 3DS XL you can...uh...play Xenoblade on the go? :p

Also Lunatic+ you're such a stupid difficulty, but at least I'm done with the hard part.

Battery life and standby mode are better, but I would suggest to just save your money and wait for the Switch. And I think they would port/remake one of the older FEs before they would do Fates.

Some games run better on the New 3ds (Smash has shorter loading to start or stop the game since it doesn't shut down the OS, Codename STEAM can make the enemy turns go even faster), and there's also the Amiibo reader if you care about that, since it's a separate accessory in the old one, but a built in function of the New 3ds.

I decided I'm gonna buy a New 3DS XL.... so how do I transfer everything???? I have the original blue 3DS and it's just not comfortable to use anymore.

I decided I'm gonna buy a New 3DS XL.... so how do I transfer everything???? I have the original blue 3DS and it's just not comfortable to use anymore.

Do you have a SD card reader? You need to copy your blue 3DS's SD card contents to your computer.

After that, you perform a system transfer between your two 3DSes via the system settings. Once that's done, I believe you need to use the micro SD management app to copy your SD card contents from your computer to your new 3DS.

It's not actually too difficult.

Shinypogs

The hit rates in FE 6 feel like lies. I know they aren't and shit works in my favour more often than not but sometimes I swear the game is just flipping a digital coin to see who hits.

The game is great though, and randomized hard mode with 10% increased enemy growths is just the right amount of challenge for a first playthrough. I have some gripes with the support system but am otherwise happy.

I think I'm still biased towards conquest as my first Fire Emblem game but this and randomized 8 have given me a lot of appreciation for some of the older games. I actually wish there was good fog of war chapters in fates. I also like in chapter shops but with no weapon durability I suppose they'd be pointless now other than to sell healing items and keys

Mediking

Do you have a SD card reader? You need to copy your blue 3DS's SD card contents to your computer.

After that, you perform a system transfer between your two 3DSes via the system settings. Once that's done, I believe you need to use the micro SD management app to copy your SD card contents from your computer to your new 3DS.

It's not actually too difficult.

SD card reader...?

Mediking

You put a SD card in it to open up the files on your computer? My laptop has one which was pretty helpful.

By the way the Switch is going... I think the definitive edition of Fire Emblem Fates will release on Eshop or something. I'm still tempted to buy a New 3DS XL though but now I'm gonna play the wait and see approach. Maybe I should just shut up and finish Fates on my 3DS but its just so uncomfortable and I have outplayed my 3DS so much.

By the way the Switch is going... I think the definitive edition of Fire Emblem Fates will release on Eshop or something. I'm still tempted to buy a New 3DS XL though but now I'm gonna play the wait and see approach. Maybe I should just shut up and finish Fates on my 3DS but its just so uncomfortable and I have outplayed my 3DS so much.

Why is the 3DS "uncomfortable"? Playing Fire Emblem on it is actually really convenient except for the random frame drops

Chrom

Subaki

STx2bzr.png

Booster box pretty much confirms that Chrom and Seliph are going to be the S8 reps. Can't wait for next year.

Camilla scale figure preorder is starting to be opened (up on gsc but not other sites yet). 16.8k yen (including Japanese tax) tho for price w/o discount.

StayDead

I'll be passing on that, too expensive.

Meanwhile I accidentally bent some of my foil cards when I moved a while ago. The top of the box caved in and they bent in the sleeve. Thankfully it's not all of them, but any idea on a good way to flatten them out?

Top Bottom