• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

NeonZ

-i have mix feelings about the My castle. It's neat but also breaks some of the immersion for me. (Just a nitpick personally)

The My Castle suffered from the same issue that pretty much all optional content from Fates does - although they attempt to introduce them like they're story relevant, they're clearly separate from the actual story.

It's even the little things - Fates' battles are mostly episodic, so they easily could have written the campaign with a less urgent tone, but they just didn't, and even write lines about the party needing to find places to rest and being tired from traveling. There's just a big disconnect between the story and the gameplay systems build around it - likely the biggest one ever in Fire Emblem.

Filthy lies, from a Nohr cur. There is no such thing as mobile FE

None!

On topic: I'm replaying Shadow Dragon and the growths are ridiculous. Still doesn't stop Martha from stomping everywhere

What? Are you playing on normal or something cause Marth sucks on higher difficulties.

CazTGG

Filthy lies, from a Nohr cur. There is no such thing as mobile FE

None!

On topic: I'm replaying Shadow Dragon and the growths are ridiculous. Still doesn't stop Martha from stomping everywhere

Martha: Might - 13, Rank - Prf, 85% Acc, 1-2 Rng, 15% Crt. Effective against Batman units.

Mediking

Thanks for sharing all you guys input on what you wanna see in FE Switch. I appreciate it. I really like Fates so far but I've really gotten tired of using my 3DS. I got huge 3DS burnout.

What if they made the avatar or lord the Jeigan to trick people into realizing how good they are

A real jeigan with terrible growths, mind you. Let MU be FE6 Marcus.

What if they made the avatar or lord the Jeigan to trick people into realizing how good they are

A real jeigan with terrible growths, mind you. Let MU be FE6 Marcus.

I bet people would complain about how terrible it is that your lord falls off halfway through the game.
inb4 Sigurd joke

Chrom

Lobster lord!

CwPqJ8xUIAAAYK8.png

pariah164

Since this thread is the most active, FEF Birthright question: I am approaching the endgame, and still have not used my Exalt/Hero Brands. Who do I use them on? I've unlocked all the children, so I have tons of options.

Renewed

Since this thread is the most active, FEF Birthright question: I am approaching the endgame, and still have not used my Exalt/Hero Brands. Who do I use them on? I've unlocked all the children, so I have tons of options.

How far from endgame? I don't tend to use DLC classes but I guess on paper you can use the Lodestar for Ryoma to get Speedtaker and then go back to Swordmaster for the avoid boost, I think it'd be like 90~ avoid (oh and +10 from Raijinto for 100~) with Speedtaker for a level 20 Ryoma (w/ 4 levels in Lodestar). Of course I don't even know if that's worthwhile depending on how far you are. Just curbstomp everything as is I guess?

TannerDemoz

I'm going to miss the dual screen setup - it's not going to be unworkable or anything without it; but the ease of displaying information on both screens made for a noticeable QoL difference.

This, so much. It's the only time I felt dual screens were really useful. Fire Emblem on DS systems was fantastic

Ryoma seems like a good choice.

A female Swordmaster or similar dodgy class would benefit from Great Lord as well. Awakening can be useful when it kicks in.

I always give them to me and my waifu though XD

Ryoma seems like a good choice.

A female Swordmaster or similar dodgy class would benefit from Great Lord as well. Awakening can be useful when it kicks in.

I always give them to me and my waifu though XD

"I don't really believe in waifus anyway"-Aveyn Knight earlier in 2016

Anyway, the Exalt/Hero brands are a lot better when used on unpromoted units because of the promoted class bases, particularly since neither of these two are mounted or do anything special otherwise...Lodestar feels really pointless in Birthright since nobody really needs speed but I guess you can make any girl on the front lines a lot a Great Lord temporarily for Aether/Awakening.

Draxal

Kagero.... wow.... yessss..... and why is she always shipped with Saizo???? Wait, uhhhhh... I'm new to the community so if shipping stuff isn't allowed then ignore I said that. Lol

They're both retainers of Ryoma and its a Ryoma set, people ship whatever they want.

Weebos

Banned
Kagero.... wow.... yessss..... and why is she always shipped with Saizo???? Wait, uhhhhh... I'm new to the community so if shipping stuff isn't allowed then ignore I said that. Lol

I mean, they have a past relationship, which is pretty fertile ground for shipping.

pariah164

Finally beat Birthright, moved on to Conquest.

I was bound and determined to get a complete support log for each path (I have over 100 hours clocked in Birthright because of that), and I guess I still am. I caved and bought the EXP map because goddamn, some units are squishy as fuck (looking at YOU, Odin). DLC's the only way to support grind, and since the pre-Awakening DLC is the shortest, I'm guessing that would be the best map to grind over and over for supports. If anyone has a different DLC map suggestion, lay it on me.

I was bound and determined to get a complete support log for each path (I have over 100 hours clocked in Birthright because of that), and I guess I still am. I caved and bought the EXP map because goddamn, some units are squishy as fuck. (looking at YOU, Odin). DLC's the only way to support grind, and since the pre-Awakening DLC is the shortest, I'm guessing that would be the best map to grind over and over for supports. If anyone has a different DLC map suggestion, lay it on me.

The Gold DLC is better for grinding supports in my Opinion

PK Gaming

Since the card hasn't been localised, she's still presumably 15/16.

How do we know she's 16 in that picture? For all we know the card could depict her age in the super awesome spinoff "Lyn's Rebellion" which takes place 6-7 years after FE7 in a game that doesn't exist.

EDIT: The Kagerou card unbelievably thicc, goddamn

I support grind in visitor castle battles. Just find one that says "Easy Seize" or something and hope there are some units without ranged options, then just hit them from afar.

Be aware there's a 3 support point limit per map (which isn't enough to build most B or higher supports), so you should move on after several hits.

Weebos

Banned
Be aware there's a 3 support point limit per map (which isn't enough to build most B or higher supports), so you should move on after several hits.

Well, this is news to me and I have 200 hours in Fates.

Good thing I haven't really been support grinding though.

I was bound and determined to get a complete support log for each path (I have over 100 hours clocked in Birthright because of that), and I guess I still am. I caved and bought the EXP map because goddamn, some units are squishy as fuck. (looking at YOU, Odin). DLC's the only way to support grind, and since the pre-Awakening DLC is the shortest, I'm guessing that would be the best map to grind over and over for supports. If anyone has a different DLC map suggestion, lay it on me.

I would use castle battles to support grind, especially cause permadeath is disabled even on classic mode and it's free....however, why fill out the support log on each path when the game only tracks it overall across all 3 routes?

Chrom

How do we know she's 16 in that picture? For all we know the card could depict her age in the super awesome spinoff "Lyn's Rebellion" which takes place 6-7 years after FE7 in a game that doesn't exist.

The card implicitly depicts her at FE7 endgame, since the quote on the card is derived from her battle conversation with Nergal.

Mediking

Super tempted to buy a New 3DS XL as an attempt to reignite my passion for 3DS again. But Nintendo is so stubborn and won't give it the price drop it needs. I also feel like a definite version of Fire Emblem Fates is in the cards for the Switch.

Super tempted to buy a New 3DS XL as an attempt to reignite my passion for 3DS again. But Nintendo is so stubborn and won't give it the price drop it needs. I also feel like a definite version of Fire Emblem Fates is in the cards for the Switch.

With a New 3DS XL you can...uh...play Xenoblade on the go? :p

Also Lunatic+ you're such a stupid difficulty, but at least I'm done with the hard part.

jzbluz

Battery life and standby mode are better, but I would suggest to just save your money and wait for the Switch. And I think they would port/remake one of the older FEs before they would do Fates.

NeonZ

Some games run better on the New 3ds (Smash has shorter loading to start or stop the game since it doesn't shut down the OS, Codename STEAM can make the enemy turns go even faster), and there's also the Amiibo reader if you care about that, since it's a separate accessory in the old one, but a built in function of the New 3ds.

How long does it take for the Risen/merchant Annas to shuffle around on the world map in Awakening?

Hmm, I did some research years ago, but dunno where I put it...

From what I remember, it was an easy number to remember. Maybe 6 hours between playtime or something. Or 12 (but that seems a bit long)?

Top Bottom