• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

FE5 stuff:
Wait wait wait, so you're telling me that there are these scrolls -- items that boost people's growths on level-up merely by holding them rather than using them (i.e. making them tradable) -- and they stack? Wow, this sounds Completely Balanced™.

It's a good thing I don't have the inventory space to stack at the moment, for I compulsively attempted to rob the planet out of fear that I might run out of Iron Bows to use; fear that still exists despite owning 8 of them as well as 22 axes of various kinds by the start of Chapter 3. >.>

On Chrome:
Hm, not really feeling these 'darker' interpretations of him. Not that the art's not nice, but I barely recognize him here.

FE5 stuff:
Wait wait wait, so you're telling me that there are these scrolls -- items that boost people's growths on level-up merely by holding them rather than using them (i.e. making them tradable) -- and they stack? Wow, this sounds Completely Balanced™.

It's a good thing I don't have the inventory space to stack at the moment, for I compulsively attempted to rob the planet out of fear that I might run out of Iron Bows to use; fear that still exists despite owning 8 of them as well as 22 axes of various kinds by the start of Chapter 3. >.>

On Chrome:
Hm, not really feeling these 'darker' interpretations of him. Not that the art's not nice, but I barely recognize him here.

growths don't really matter in Thracia though :p

L95

There's a translation now? Is it better than a straight machine translation?

There's been a terrible engrishy translation (the first 10 maps were translated fine, but you could watch the translation fall apart the further you played after chapter 10) for a few years now, but now someone's gone through and retranslated everything. It's version 1.01, and the entire game is translated. They're mostly looking for things like typos and errors now. It just came out last month. It is not a machine translation.

http://matthew-trs.tumblr.com/post/153711676314/i-just-realized-that-i-never-said-it-on-here-even

Erheller

I've finally gotten around to playing Conquest. It's my first 3DS Fire Emblem game (I've played 4, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, and part of 12). I'll get around to posting impressions when I'm done, but I'll say that the gameplay is actually really tight (the plot post-split is... not).

Quick question: I have three stars next to my save file. Does this mean I'm on Lunatic mode? I thought I picked Hard, but if I'm on Lunatic that would explain why these chapters are actually a challenge.

There's been a terrible engrishy translation (the first 10 maps were translated fine, but you could watch the translation fall apart the further you played after chapter 10) for a few years now, but now someone's gone through and retranslated everything. It's version 1.01, and the entire game is translated. They're mostly looking for things like typos and errors now. It just came out last month. It is not a machine translation.

http://matthew-trs.tumblr.com/post/153711676314/i-just-realized-that-i-never-said-it-on-here-even

Dang, that's pretty cool. I need to check this out. I've only played one Kaga game but I really liked what I saw!

Chrom

Quick question: I have three stars next to my save file. Does this mean I'm on Lunatic mode? I thought I picked Hard, but if I'm on Lunatic that would explain why these chapters are actually a challenge.

Yes.

1 star - Normal
2 stars - Hard
3 stars - Lunatic

Draxal

If anybody wanted to see the highlights of the stream, Kirie posted it here.

https://sli.mg/a/cTdS0R

Wada's Hector/Eliwood panorama card looks so good.

Vipw86.png

Elise (and Sakura) are probably getting Cipher Sai promos.

55eDEc.png

RIP AVEYN

Chrom

I don't think Wada did the Hector/Eliwood panorama. Can't say for certain but it really looks like it was done by Suzuki to me.

Draxal

I don't think Wada did the Hector/Eliwood panorama. Can't say for certain but it really looks like it was done by Suzuki to me.

Actually, yeah its def not Wada. It didn't look like Suzuki to me due to lack of fucked up faces but it might be her.

Erheller

Lunatic Conquest Chapter 9

I cleared most of the map of enemies, with only the boss and a healer and a random other enemy remaining. So I decided to move Azura from her hidey hole corner to the middle of the map to join up with the rest of my army.

And then 10 reinforcement units spawn between her and the rest of my units. I guess I just have to keep Azura in the corner of the map for the entire chapter, haha.

At least these reinforcements aren't FE12 "Oh, you thought you were safe? Let me spawn a cavalier and have it immediately move across half the map and kill your healer" reinforcements.

Draxal

On one hand, noooo, why the exclusive CD?

On the other hand, it would never be made otherwise, right?

Gonna be tough getting it. Really want it, but I suppose it's not the end of the world if I don't get it.

You're not complaining about the Sakura direct figure?

Poor Sakura.

PBalfredo

Sophie

Cy-ztogUAAAzaii.png

card leaks here

So why does Sophie steal/knock off enemy's clothes, anyway? I don't recall anything from her supports that references or gives any reason for it. I'm not sure how that ability relates to her character. Is she so clumsy on her horse that she just accidentally the whole thing, including what the enemy is wearing?

NeonZ

So why does Sophie steal/knock off enemy's clothes, anyway? I don't recall anything from her supports that references or gives any reason for it. I'm not sure how that ability relates to her character. Is she so clumsy on her horse that she just accidentally the whole thing, including what the enemy is wearing?

She's clumsy in general. One of her supports shows her making a mess of a horse stable - and by herself, not due to losing control of her horse.

Renewed

Ah hell I don't even remember my Facebook account. It's been so many years. I'm not holding my breath for Cipher but I'll try to chime in with some support.

I know you're joking, but I'd love to see the reactions of new players if FE5 got released outside Japan.

I, too, would like to see people react to their first staff miss. That, and experiencing 1RN + 99 Hit cap. At the same time, I'm not sure how many people will feel like it was $10 well spent. I mean, FE5's been a nice historical dive for me so far (at Ch. 7 currently; stamina hasn't kicked in yet), but all it's done for me so far is make me appreciate Conquest's mechanics and encounter design a lot more.

fe4 sucks can't even have children
without the parents dying
*pedantic mode activated*

ACTUALLY Finn and Briggid both definitely survive and can have kids and Ayra, Lex, Azel, and Holyn I think might just be all petrified like Briggid in FE5. Also Levin kinda?

*pedant mode deactivated*

Chrom

So the Facebook page makes it clear that it's intended for European audiences, going by its first post that calls itself European. I wonder what's up with that.

Alright, path is clear for my thief. Now to open this door with my trusty lockpick that I left back in the convoy. >____>

FE5 impressions (Up to 8x)
Capture is an interesting mechanic. "Running out of Iron Axes? Just steal another one!" "Short on cash for a Hammer? Steal more Iron Axes and sell them!" I like it because it gives you much greater control over your army's supplies and finances than other FEs. Other FEs would have you wait for the game to give you the gold then buy 500 Iron Bows all at once from a single store as you don't know when you'll run into another weapon shop and fear you might run out of weapons before then.

Capturing -- having to chip out opponents with weaker weapons / units then 'trade' then release -- is still busywork in the end. Feel it slows things down unnecessarily as there's nothing really strategic to it. You either have a good opportunity to capture (or a Brave weapon on hand) or you don't. There's no real incentive to not go for a capture when possible. Still, I like it. Prefer just removing durability and just letting me focus on blazing the chapter or dying trying, but I like it.

Something I don't like though is the Build stat. Tying it to the Capture mechanic was unnecessary as you already took a stat penalty for attempting a capture. All it does is gimp certain units *cough* non-mounted women *cough* to make them mechanically inferior to other units. Tying it to weapon weight mitigation? Even worse as some units just aren't able to use some of the stuff you get no matter what. There's no real upside to having a low Build outside of being easier to Rescue, Rescue itself being a mechanic I was never really fond of. Glad it and weapon weight were eventually removed.

Also dislike all the gaidens. I've had my fill of fog of war by 2x.

Yeah there is, you said it yourself less things to worry about. You don't even need to capture all that much anyway.

Yes, now that I'm not forced to use almost nothing but dismounted cavaliers who can't use anything but swords for three chapters in a row against just about everything that doesn't use a sword, I've quickly built up the wealth to outfit my entire army with fresh weapons by the start of Ch. 8. It just feels like I could always be wealthier. The game doesn't really discourage it either; the game could always do another 3-indoor-map gauntlet w/o my precious axe users nor mounted cavalry again but with fog of war this time. I'm pretty paranoid about that happening. >.>

You know, this stat inheritance for Fates seems overly complicated for something that's practically hard capped at +3 for any given stat:

Child’s Level 10 + N stats = Class base stats + [Child’s absolute base stats + (N x Child’s full growth rates); define the value inside these square bracket as “C”] + {[(Father’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative) + (Mother’s personal stats – C; 0 if negative)] / 4; cannot be higher than (C/10) +2 rounded down}

Decided to buy Shadow Dragon because I can't help myself buying anything Fire Emblem related, plus I never beat the game on the hardest difficultly.

Wow, I really dislike the DS virtual console on Wii U, none of the options work for me. Its all rather uncomfortable. Can't find my DS copy, so I guess I'll deal with it.

Top Bottom