• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Lynx_7

I'm pretty happy with Gaiden. Had very little incentive to play the original so this remake will come in handy.
Even better if it means they'll later remake Jugdral in glorious HD.

spiritfox

They're just going in order, it seems like.

Kind of amazes me to think Fire Emblem might have a Pokemon-esque cycle of alternating a new mainline title and a remake of a previous game year by year (wuth some exceptions).

They already have an FE3 remake, so not really. But hopefully that means FE4 is next.

Moonlight

Banned
They already have an FE3 remake, so not really. But hopefully that means FE4 is next.
I mean, I guess they're just being comprehensive, lol. I just like that this probably means IntSys intends to eventually remake all the titles. FE4 for Switch in a couple years doesn't sound too unlikely to me.

Rutger

Banned
I don't really want remakes, but I haven't played Gaiden, so at least it's something new to me.

IS is pretty busy, there's a lot heading our way.

alvis.exe

Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE the art for the Gaiden remake? His art for Atelier was fantastic too, hope he'll be staying on as character designer for a few more FE games!
Dammit Monolith Soft, why can't you get better character designers like Intelligent Systems.

Not the biggest fan of the "Fire Emblem Echoes" + subtitle naming scheme, although admittedly it's purely because it's triggering my OCD haha. They should go back and retroactively turn Shadow Dragon/New Mystery into Echoes games too, assuming that this is going to be the naming scheme for remakes going forward.

Moonlight

Banned
So is there any chance that the winners won't be Takumi and Lucina.
A lot, probably. I think the characters already confirmed in have way less of a shot than winning than people voting popular picks that aren't in yet like Cordelia and Tharja. And maybe someone like Gaius on the male side? I dunno.

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm thinking that Fire Emblem Echoes will be the new sub-branding for all future remakes.

So is there any chance that the winners won't be Takumi and Lucina.
Takumi didn't even win the Japanese poll when Fates came out. Leo and Xander were above him. And Takumi is far less popular in the west compared to Japan, while the rest of the siblings are more or less the same across the board, at least in my experience. (I know Xander, Leo and Ryoma are really popular, at least, in both markets.)

flohen95

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I'm thinking that Fire Emblem Echoes will be the new sub-branding for all future remakes.

Yeah, my brother and I discussed this during the Direct as well. It certainly left the impression with us that that is the intention of the Echoes subtitle.

Either way, it's a good time to be a Fire Emblem fan. Couldn't imagine this back when I first got into the franchise, and that was only in early 2012.

Moonlight

Banned
I thought the ballot was just for some special costume?

Either way non-3DS/Smash votes are totally wasted unless it's chosen by game.
They get a super special version, yeah. If FE operates anything like similar gachas do, though, that special costume will have unique skills/stats and usually be really good.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah, my brother and I discussed this during the Direct as well. It certainly left the impression with us that that is the intention of the Echoes subtitle.

Well, if this is the path we are going down, maybe I can look forward to them finding a way to make FE4 fun.

I probably still won't be done with FE4 by time they reach it, so it'll still be about half or a third of a new game to me!

Busaiku

Takumi didn't even win the Japanese poll when Fates came out. Leo and Xander were above him. And Takumi is far less popular in the west compared to Japan, while the rest of the siblings are more or less the same across the board, at least in my experience. (I know Xander, Leo and Ryoma are really popular, at least, in both markets.)

Ok so Leo and Lucina.

Ok so Leo and Lucina.
I think Xander and Ike have a shot at the male side too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Leo.

All those characters are definitely gonna be in the game regardless (I think they've all been confirmed already) so unless the vote results in a special version of the characters, voting for them seems like a bit of a waste, but we'll see I guess.

Moonlight

Banned
It's absolutely a special version of the character. They say as much. If it was solely to see who gets to be in the game than they wouldn't include everyone. I think whether or not characters have base rarities though is up in the air, so 'guaranteed' five-stars like Lyn or Lucina might be less appealing.

spiritfox

It's absolutely a special version of the character. They say as much. If it was solely to see who gets to be in the game than they wouldn't include everyone. I think whether or not characters have base rarities though is up in the air, so 'guaranteed' five-stars like Lyn or Lucina might be less appealing.

What if it's Anna though

Edit: So is the Gaiden remake considered FE15? Shadow Dragon is numbered but with the Echoes subtitle should we count it?

Typical gacha procedures would support that, but it might just be an early opportunity to get the standard version. The game releases in less than 2 weeks, and if this is meant to be a launch event, then I'm not sure they'll have something unique queued up in time. (Unless they just throw a new ability or some better stats on the choices, which wouldn't be that exciting. The major appeal in games like this is visual difference.)

Moonlight

Banned
What if it's Anna though
Exactly why I voted for her!

Though I might spread out to support Nephenee and some other favourites that aren't absolutely locked since they'll be accounting for general interest through the poll on top of deciding the two event characters.

Typical gacha procedures would support that, but it might just be an early opportunity to get the standard version. The game releases in less than 2 weeks, and if this is meant to be a launch event, then I'm not sure they'll have something unique queued up in time. (Unless they just throw a new ability or some better stats on the choices, which wouldn't be that exciting. The major appeal in games like this is visual difference.)
They say that the character chosen will be featured as an event character alongside the Lords (and some weird-ass picks. Validar??) so if it works anything like most gacha games do, then the winner will be special in some way since event characters almost always are special. Though you're right, it could just be an early opportunity to get the standard version. The language just seemed to suggest otherwise to me.

Shun

robin.jpg

BvMKueb.png

seiba.jpg

OoPnrm7.png

Shun

Also, for the remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden, the MyUnit characters from Fire Emblem 12, 13, and 14 seem to be in this game.

エフィ (Ephy) is Echoes' version of Kris, Reflet, Kamui?

17PDmFf.png

(Unless I'm mistaken and it is a new original character like Katarina)

I believe the marriage mechanic also returns in this game, but no second generation.

Draxal

I just realized I probably have to have two accounts since I collect cipher cards and they're probably going to be codes with them in the future ....

Random thought: Maybe I'm blind, but I didn't notice Pair Up being a thing in the Echoes footage shown. Makes me wonder if it'll not be a series mainstay, which'd make me sad since things like Attack Stance let typically rear-line units contribute more than just chip damage or enemy sweeps on player phase. Even sadder if skills don't make it in because then we'll be back to healers whose only contribution is healing between fights.

...I suppose, being a remake, it'd be best to try to avoid changing too much. Would suppose the shift to Hidari as the artist (<3) makes sense to distance Echoes from Awakening + Fates as much as possible.

Top Bottom