• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

McNum

Or maybe they'll go with the current Fire Emblem trend and have an avatar as the main character. Though having an ensemble cast would work fine, too.

Fire Emblem Warriors was probably the biggest reveal of the presentation for me. Perfect mix and match of franchises there.

Rutger

Banned
Well, everyone gets their FE musou they've always wanted...

I'll just be over here, still waiting for a FE fighting game by Arcsys or French Bread...

Chrom

C1zi_QkXEAA9oQ6.jpg

Hmm...

NeonZ

I don't think they'd need original heroes or villains here considering how big FE's cast is already. I guess it could still happen if they want one just to explain the crossover stuff but existing characters like Medeus, Grima or Anankos could take that role.

Xbro

I don't think they'd need original heroes or villains here considering how big FE's cast is already. I guess it could still happen if they want one just to explain the crossover stuff but existing characters like Medeus, Grima or Anankos could take that role.

Loptyr or bust.

McNum

The final stage had better be against some huge dragon that takes up half the stage or fought from its own back in mid-air. At this point, it's almost tradition. And would look awesome from an over the shoulder view.

Then some DLC makes the dragon playable. Because that's about as crazy as those games are.

Draxal

How many playable characters do you guys even think will be in the base game before DLC?

Depends on how they do it.

Hyrule Warriors had low character counts but alot of weapons.

Fire Emblem can have a high character count, and alot of clones like old school dynasty warriors and it would be fine.

Golnei

Speaking of DLC; it's an interesting situation to think about because of the varying levels of popularity each entry has compared to series like Zelda which have been basically consistent. Leaving the really popular characters/games outside of the base game may hurt them more than any possible DLC could benefit. FE7 (and maybe just Roy from 6) representation would be a good candidate due to being popular enough, but not particularly essential. But for the most part, significant non-main characters from later games probably have a better chance. Maybe it'd be a good idea to split up the Fates royals so as to sell the little sisters separately?

Fire Emblem can have a high character count, and alot of clones like old school dynasty warriors and it would be fine.

A class system with associated movesets would at least be necessary to justify any sort of avatar; so maybe it will carry over to how they handle the main cast.

NeonZ

Speaking of DLC; it's an interesting situation to think about because of the varying levels of popularity each entry has compared to series like Zelda which have been basically consistent.

I don't think Zelda is that consistent either. OoT and TP stand way above the other 3d titles in sales. In fact, there was never any Skyward Sword based DLC and it had the smallest amount of characters in the base game.

HWL's DLC was kind of odd though, since it was entirely based on the "portable" theme, aside from the Wind Waker pack and free Medli. So, the game and character choices weren't based on popularity.

A class system with associated movesets would at least be necessary to justify any sort of avatar; so maybe it will carry over to how they handle the main cast.

I'd love if they add a class system to allow a large cast from the first game of this new series.

Regarding an avatar, Koei has a custom character engine that they even shared between Samurai Warriors 4/Chronicles 3 and Dynasty Warriors Empires. I don't know if they'd bring it to a licensed game though.

CazTGG

Re: Fire Emblem Direct.

I just remembered the Corrin amiibo has yet to be given a release date. Maybe it will get one during the Direct and/or Fates support along with Roy amiibo?

jnWake

Hyrule Warriors had tons of weapons so I expect this one to have lots of characters just to have many different weapons! I hope we get Hector, he should be the most relevant axe user out there.

Golnei

I don't think Zelda is that consistent either. OoT and TP stand way above the other 3d titles in sales. In fact, there was never any Skyward Sword based DLC and it had the smallest amount of characters in the base game.

HWL's DLC was kind of odd though, since it was entirely based on the "portable" theme, aside from the Wind Waker pack and free Medli. So, the game and character choices weren't based on popularity.

Maybe I phrased that badly, I meant that there's very few Zelda entries that can't be categorised as mainstream successes; outside of spinoff oddities like the Tingle games and BS Zelda. Some games might be more popular than others, but regardless of which title they pulled from, they'd be able to count on at least the recognition of series fans.

Hyrule Warriors doesn't have a lot of characters though.

Assuming only a single weapon per character; it seems likely that there'd be a higher total of separate characters to begin with, though expecting anything massively inflated from the first entry of a standard licensed musou is probably going to lead to disappointment.

Shengar

and then Corrin Ryoma and Xander since their signature weapons were shown...
Ryoma could use a katana and it could be different from other sword user at the very least.
Hyrule Warriors doesn't have a lot of characters though.

They try to outweigh it by making them unique to one another. In case of FE Musou, it wouldn't be too far fetched if they opted for the triangle and weapon switching that presents in DW8.

I was away on a top secret mission, so I sadly missed all the reactions to Warriors.

Really interested to see how the game plays (whether they'll borrow some strategic elements from FE and if they'll make it at least somewhat challenging) and what the cast will be like
(just give me a mage girl or two and I'll be happy)

Also, a Fire Emblem Direct in a few days? What's this? Christmas? XD

L95

Gaiden is great, when it's not being completely unfair.

Which is every bloody turn! God I hate that game.

I dunno about unfairness (unless you mean the hilariously trolly RNG) but Gaiden's maps are atrocious. Most of them would be fine at half the size the currently are.

Draxal

I was away on a top secret mission, so I sadly missed all the reactions to Warriors.

Really interested to see how the game plays (whether they'll borrow some strategic elements from FE and if they'll make it at least somewhat challenging) and what the cast will be like
(just give me a mage girl or two and I'll be happy)

Also, a Fire Emblem Direct in a few days? What's this? Christmas? XD

No filthy EUROPEANERS ALLOWED FOR THIS DIRECT>

L95

I would like to see Tiki very much, I do hope Corn doesn't troll us and steal the theoretical dragon slot.

(I know slots are a myth but I like to use pessimism to soften the blow and despair that will surley fall upon me)

Draxal

I would like to see Tiki very much, I do hope Corn doesn't troll us and steal the theoretical dragon slot.

(I know slots are a myth but I like to use pessimism to soften the blow and despair that will surley fall upon me)

Tiki is a lock imho, only Marmara and Caeda will get in over from SD over her.

I dunno about unfairness (unless you mean the hilariously trolly RNG) but Gaiden's maps are atrocious. Most of them would be fine at half the size the currently are.
So bad that it makes a substantial number of the cast useless because they don't have enough movement to make it across the gigantic ass maps in a reasonable amount of turns.

Top Bottom