• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Just got these in.
The Fates disc art is weird though.
Why Xander/Camilla and Ryoma/Hinoka, but Leo/Takumi and Elise/Sakura.

*Pulls out copy of Fates' OST*

Disc 2 being composed of Hoshdan tracks and Disc 3 being Nohrian, it only makes sense to put the elder prince and princess of each nation on the cover. Disc 4 (Elise + Sakura) features neutral tracks mostly related to My Castle and supports while Disc 5 (Leo + Takumi) features neutral battle themes and dramatic things.

Roman

I wonder if this random fantasy artwork found within his second artbook was an exercise for him when he was just hired for FEA (there isn't any explanation what the picture is, and it was on the last section of his artbook alongside other random arts and FEA key artworks).

Sad that we don't have this Kozaki though :(

For anyone actually not familiar with these characters, it's the Dark Knights Loslorien from Tactics Ogre.

Also, the Fire Emblem GAF Discord link for the new page!

Principate

Saint Titanfall
For anyone actually not familiar with these characters, it's the Dark Knights Loslorien from Tactics Ogre.

Also, the Fire Emblem GAF Discord link for the new page!
I thought they were familiar. That game has some amazingly fitting art.
If only story wide FE games were more like that. Granted that game made it a point to fuck you over if you attempted to make yourself the all important MC so probably won't be as attractive some some sections of this fanbase. It does work well at making it's messages stick out more.

Chrom

The Elise nendo came out a while ago.

C2qD8pDXgAAT0Fn.jpg

This week really has been a dream~
...Except for the part where I didn't pay for EMS shipping because I wanted a Switch. OTZ I'M SORRY, ELISE

-

Putting aside my self-inflicted misery, this has been a pretty surreal week. Interested in seeing where the franchise goes from here and hoping it continues mucking with its foundations.

Chrom

Oh, it's cool how the inside of the case has those unique Cain and Abel sprites. They look like they're holding hands to me.

Regarding the title of the CD, when I looked at it a while back, I tried translating the name in English as Horsemen Harmony, which I liked because the word harmony worked as a double entendre of both unity of rider and steed and musical euphony.

Oh, it's cool how the inside of the case has those unique Cain and Abel sprites. They look like they're holding hands to me.

Regarding the title of the CD, when I looked at it a while back, I tried translating the name in English as Horsemen Harmony, which I liked because the word harmony worked as a double entendre of both unity of rider and steed and musical euphony.

Oh, that's not bad. I don't nearly have enough time to sit down and think about things like that XD

BTW, "Cavaliers" or "Cavalier Duo"? Or something else? I kind of like the former, but the latter I keep using out of habit.

Chrom

Oh, that's not bad. I don't nearly have enough time to sit down and think about things like that XD

BTW, "Cavaliers" or "Cavalier Duo"? Or something else? I kind of like the former, but the latter I keep using out of habit.

If it wasn't for me seeing Cavalier Duo used already (no idea where this came from, I didn't come up with it myself), I'd have thought their name ought to be Cavaliers, since they're otherwise just called the Social Knights. However, I do like the name Cavalier Duo quite a bit, if only because it sounds more interesting for the group.

Roman

The Fire Emblem GAF Discord is looking for a couple more players to participate in a Sacred Stones draft to keep ourselves busy till the release of Echoes!

A draft consists of a group of players picking characters from a pool in a set order.

For example:

Player A picks Marisa
Player B picks Neimi
Player C picks Garcia
Player D picks Ross
Player D picks Gerik
Player C picks Colm

and so on.

There are more rules listed here.

This is for 4 players and we have 2 so far.

Update: We have found our 2 people but we're not opposed to drafting multiple games at once!

StayDead

I finally (after ages of not playing the game due to it) beat chapter 20 on conquest. Finally to go finish it.

I kept getting the worst luck.

Danielsan

Man, what the fuck at Chapter 27 + Endgame in Birthright. My MC died on the endgame and you're telling me I have to redo the whole of Chapter 27? Horrendous design decision.

Danielsan

There are 27 chapters? .... Holy fuck I'm just halfway through this borefest
28 if you count the endgame map. I will say, the maps do get more interesting near the end. Looking forward to being done with this game though, I want to start Conquest as that clearly seems to be the more interesting of the two games.

That's why I did Birthright first, I figured that doing Conquest first would make the experience seem dull in comparison, and I did still want to play Birthright at some point.

Renewed

I had to go back to Birthright anyways because I didn't start with Lunatic, whoops

Hexing Rods are a thing in Birthright or were those just castle rewards/visits?

Waiting on amiami to provide my invoice...

Beckx

thanks. i read that, but only saw early remarks about difficulty. just curious if people found it fun after longer play

PK Gaming

Man, what the fuck at Chapter 27 + Endgame in Birthright. My MC died on the endgame and you're telling me I have to redo the whole of Chapter 27? Horrendous design decision.

27 is pretty long, but Endgame can be completed in a few turns. The trick is to
bumrush Garon with your strongest units (ie: Ryoma, Takumi, Corrin /w Azura). Use a hexing rode if you have to, since it actually works on him.

27 is pretty long, but Endgame can be completed in a few turns. The trick is to
bumrush Garon with your strongest units (ie: Ryoma, Takumi, Corrin /w Azura). Use a hexing rode if you have to, since it actually works on him.

that's an interesting way of saying "one" ;)

So Sakura managed to scrape into the Top 20 females. Honestly didn't expect that.

Anyone want to help vote for her?

I'll try and do something cool if she makes Top 10.

Moonlight

Banned
So Sakura managed to scrape into the Top 20 females. Honestly didn't expect that.

I'll throw her a vote (since she's my favourite royal) but my priorities are still on seeing Anna climb and keeping Nowi out of top ten.

PK Gaming

I like Sakura a ton, but it's not like my one vote would even change anything, right? Her obstacles are too great; better to get someone higher up into top 10.

post replaying Birthright impressions:

-I remembered this being more difficult but it's really easy, I think any challenge came from adjusting to Fates mechanics but this time around that wasn't an issue. Chapter 11 was harder than I remember it being but it and the first Camilla chapter were the only ones I really had to put much thought into
-story is still kind of mediocre but I appreciate that there's much less miraculous Not Killing Anyone from Corrin in this route where instead he offs a bunch of people
-Scarlet is pretty useful as a pair up partner but a shit-tier waifu
-Hoshido ~aesthetic~ is pretty cool, I'd be interested in seeing another game play around with its classes the way this did

So Im playing through awakening right now and enjoying it (also started path of radience). Is Fates as good as awakening, Ill probably be doing conquest if that helps.

Things im curious about,
-hows the banter?
-do marriages have any added benefits?
-when a person dies does the cast/wife/husband react? this bothered me, say when frederick dies and his wife lissa doesnt make a comment or anything. I find it jarring
-hows the story in general, Im enjoying awakenings story

Aizo

Banned
I feel like I've seen the answer here before, but I couldn't find it. Why isn't New Mystery of the Emblem (DS remake) on the Japanese virtual console still? Any real reason? I want it.

Chrom

I feel like I've seen the answer here before, but I couldn't find it. Why isn't New Mystery of the Emblem (DS remake) on the Japanese virtual console still? Any real reason? I want it.

Nintendo just doesn't want to release it right now.

Top Bottom