• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

They say that the character chosen will be featured as an event character alongside the Lords (and some weird-ass picks. Validar??) so if it works anything like most gacha games do, then the winner will be special in some way since event characters almost always are special. Though you're right, it could just be an early opportunity to get the standard version. The language just seemed to suggest otherwise to me.
Just going over the voting website some more, it does look like the two chosen characters will get special outfits. And that they won't be available at launch. (Which is now obvious given the former point.)

Shun

No but eating lunch and meals return in Echoes.

Maisen
yhmSq9b.jpg

Gray
ITpcVmA.jpg

fuckboi
B5bKlfB.jpg

Top to Bottom, Left to Right

May, Cellica, fuckboi
Kamui, Saber, Jenny, Valbo
Leo
tSXaNFW.jpg

I believe the marriage mechanic also returns in this game, but no second generation.

? Personally banking on it not being there as Pair Up's not a thing afaik. Adding marriage but not the gameplay mechanic that plays off of it would be a bit odd.

Interesting that there's apparently a new character though.

Shun

? Personally banking on it not being there as Pair Up's not a thing afaik. Adding marriage but not the gameplay mechanic that plays off of it would be a bit odd.

Interesting that there's apparently a new character though.

No, marriage was in the series as support shit before pair up was even a thing. Fire Emblem Gaiden in particular has several characters marry each other like Clerbe and Matilda.

But quite a few others think that the marriage mechanic is returning in some way with no second generation because of this. If MyUnit is also returning then it's probably definitely coming back.

What's more important is that you can go make lunch and meals and eat them on the battlefield again. I'm not sure why this isn't a more discussed feature really.

Shengar

I screamed and jumped when I read the artist is Hidari.

I'm going to be REAL mad if she doesn't become the lead artist for FE Switch.

NeonZ

No, marriage was in the series as support shit before pair up was even a thing. Fire Emblem Gaiden in particular has several characters marry each other like Clerbe and Matilda.

But quite a few others think that the marriage mechanic is returning in some way with no second generation because of this. If MyUnit is also returning then it's probably definitely coming back.

What's more important is that you can go make lunch and meals and eat them on the battlefield again. I'm not sure why this isn't a more discussed feature really.

They could throw in a 2nd generation Fates-style, with a subplot completely unrelated to the main story. If they add an avatar I wouldn't rule out something like that so quickly. The 2nd gen was one of the last things they revealed for Fates.

shingi70

Banned
So My fire emblem interest has been rekindled and I'm going play through the 3DS games before Echoes. Just started my replay of Awakening. Last time I had my Robin pair up with Lissa, but what are some other good pairings to try out.

Roman

Insane announcement, I had no hopes for a Gaiden remake at this point - let alone one that arrives this soon.

By the way, is there an FE GAF Discord?

LousyTactician

Neo Member
I was not expecting a remake of Gaiden to be announced, but I'm looking forward to it. I only played bits of the Famicom version via a fan translation, but I'm liking the new artstyle a lot more than Awakening and Fate's. I'm not really interested in the mobile game, but don't hate that it exists.

Still salty over no HD Radiant Duology, but that was a pipe dream.

Katsuragi

I was not expecting a remake of Gaiden to be announced, but I'm looking forward to it.

Same. Fire Emblem Gaiden is one of the few entries in the series I haven't played yet, so I'm really happy about this remake. I hope it will retain the essence of the original game but fix whatever issues people had with it. The art direction looks fantastic, but that's almost a given considering Hidari's previous work. I'm also oddly excited about Fire Emblem Heroes, even though I barely play games on my phone. All in all, this was an amazing Nintendo Direct. It's a good time to be a Fire Emblem fan.

Javier

It's pretty incredible that the first amiibo in the Fire Emblem line are Alm and Celica.

Not Marth. Not Chrom. Not Lucina. Not Ike. Not Corrin. Alm and Celica.

CazTGG

Is that a cake decoration?

It was distributed in Japan through what's called a gashapon, if I recall correctly. Think of them as the equivalent of those machines outside your local hockey rink that would randomly give you a new Yu-Gi-Oh card for $1 a piece except with toys instead of paper.

Shengar

I wonder if this random fantasy artwork found within his second artbook was an exercise for him when he was just hired for FEA (there isn't any explanation what the picture is, and it was on the last section of his artbook alongside other random arts and FEA key artworks).

Sad that we don't have this Kozaki though :(

I wonder if this random fantasy artwork found within his second artbook was an exercise for him when he was just hired for FEA (there isn't any explanation what the picture is, and it was on the last section of his artbook alongside other random arts and FEA key artworks).

Sad that we don't have this Kozaki though :(

You can always pray IntSys wants a cast of older characters next go-around. :p There's some pretty good ones in Fates that got side-lined as generics or one-off bosses in favor of a younger cast to go with a, for a lack of a better term, shounen plot.

Hm, that is kinda big. Liked food (and tonics) as a tool for giving units a temporary edge, though the implementation is slightly clunky due to My Castle. If it's a temp stat boost again though, I'm wondering why the option's in the tactics screen opposed to the preparation screen.

Cross posting from the FE heroes thread.

I managed to find a compilation of the name changes for the FE6 cast and there some...interesting changes to the established names.

Alan/Allen → Alen
Deke → Dieck
Ward → Wade
Lott → Lot
Barth/Barts → Barthe
Gale → Galle
Miledy/Milady → Melady
Brunya/Brenya → Brunnya
Idoun/Idenn/Idun→ Idunn
Elphin → Elffin
Klain → Klein
Ekhidna → Echidna (Insert Knuckles joke here)
Lalum → Larum
Shin → Sin
Tate → Thite
Treck → Trec
Yodel → Yoder
Zealot → Zelot
Wendy → Gwendolyn

Interestingly there were three name changes that did have english translated names
Rutoga → Rutger: Rutoga was the name given to him in Brawl. Like Navarre and his Brawl name Nabarru, this was likely changed to something less literal.
Murdoch → Marduk: Here's where things get weird. Zelgius' general already had an established name in Blazing Sword but 14 years later, they decide to change his name to Marduk. As far as I can tell this is the only time they've done this for a character that appeared in a english released Fire Emblem game (Brawl's name changes not withstanding)
Niime → Nimue See above. I don't get it.

I don't dislike Yusuke Kozaki, but his character designs aren't my favorite. Really nice to see someone else tackle some FE art again for the first time in a while, even if they are just redesigns. They all look really great so far.

Top Bottom