• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

spiritfox

tumblr_ni6imgNjg91skqdh1o1_400.png

Totally. I thought she was Lucina at first glance.

RiggyRob

I've just realised - if there are Fire Emblem designed coverplates for the New 3DS to coincide with the new game, I'll be practically obligated to upgrade from my old 3DS XL.

L95

I've just realised - if there are Fire Emblem designed coverplates for the New 3DS to coincide with the new game, I'll be practically obligated to upgrade from my old 3DS XL.

If there are FE faceplates I'm gonna go cry because all I have here in America is the fat new 3ds.

McNum

huh playing through Path of Radiance again I just noticed there's almost no Master Seals at all

lol
Don't need them in PoR. Just level the base class to 21 and you'll Class Change automatically. Of course, if you're level 20 and in the Base, you might as well use a Master Seal to save the EXP.

Don't need them in PoR. Just level the base class to 21 and you'll Class Change automatically. Of course, if you're level 20 and in the Base, you might as well use a Master Seal to save the EXP.

yeah I know, but still even Radiant Dawn has twice as many seals despite having half the tier 1 units :p

....I see the announcement didn't provide much of a long-term boost

does anyone know how the stats for harder difficulties in FE11-13 are generated?

StayDead

....I see the announcement didn't provide much of a long-term boost

does anyone know how the stats for harder difficulties in FE11-13 are generated?

I'd love to help but I don't really know all that much about how the underlying stats work, I don't go into the stats much, just play the games for the story and the annoynace of resetting :p

Maybe that's why I found Gaiden so hard.

Astral Dog

For better or worse, this is Awakening 2.
It gives me the impression its a very derivative sequel, but, i guess there is nothing wrong with that, i really liked Awakening, including its art direction, kinda wish it was on a more powerful system, but then the game would not sell.

Lunar15

I'm fine with an Awakening 2 because I believe they can use it to improve on the new stuff they added.

The good thing is that the story and the setting look anything but derivative.

Maybe we should have some waifu talk here :p

Please don't.

your waifu is shit

lol

regarding enemy stats and stuff, for the GBA games this is how the HM bonuses work:

FE6 said:
Chapters 1-2: 4 Levels
Chapters 3-4: 5 Levels
Chapters 5-6: 6 Levels
Chapters 7-8x: 7 Levels
Chapters 9-10: 8 Levels
Chapters 11-12x: 9 Levels
Chapters 13-14x: 10 Levels
Chapters 15-16x: 11 Levels
Chapters 17-18: 12 Levels
Chapters 19-20x: 13 Levels
Chapters 21-22: 14 Levels
Chapters 23-24: 15 Levels
Final Chapter: 16 Levels

note: in chapters 1-5, enemies may get double HM bonuses for some reason

FE7 said:
Prologue-Chapter 10: 3 Levels
Chapter 11-Final Chapter: 5 Levels

FE8 said:
individual chapters I don't have them, but once again it got easier in localization:

FE8U: 1-4
FE8J: 3-6

L95

I'm fine with an Awakening 2 because I believe they can use it to improve on the new stuff they added.

The good thing is that the story and the setting look anything but derivative.

The fact that there's already one recruitable enemy (that one Troubadour) seen so far makes me happy.

I don't know why... but Awakening only having 3ish recruitable enemy units bothers me >.>

...And yeah, this artist does have sameface issues.

StayDead

For better or worse, this is Awakening 2.
It gives me the impression its a very derivative sequel, but, i guess there is nothing wrong with that, i really liked Awakening, including its art direction, kinda wish it was on a more powerful system, but then the game would not sell.

From everything I understand it's more like a new Gaiden rather than an Awakening 2. Even the name is "if"

Thoughts on this new FE game getting localized faster due to:

- Uber success of FEA in NA &
- Global debut across all Nintendo Directs (contrast with FEA's debut)

Naive to expect simultaneous global release?

RiggyRob

Thoughts on this new FE game getting localized faster due to:

- Uber success of FEA in NA &
- Global debut across all Nintendo Directs (contrast with FEA's debut)

Naive to expect simultaneous global release?

I'd say so, we don't have a release date or title whereas Japan does, plus Japan just gets stuff earlier than NA/EU anyway.

In fact, when was the last simultaneous globally released game from Nintendo?

Golnei

I wouldn't expect a simultaneous release for FE - even Smash Bros. didn't receive one - but it's definitely going to be a lot faster than Awakening. Maybe 4 months between JP and NA, with another 10 for the EU release?

octopiggy

I've just picked up Fire Emblem 7 again after a long break and hoping to finish it. Lowen has just become a level 20 Paladin. Is that it for a character once they have reached level 20 in their 2nd class? Can he become any stronger?

Lunar15

The fact that there's already one recruitable enemy (that one Troubadour) seen so far makes me happy.

I don't know why... but Awakening only having 3ish recruitable enemy units bothers me >.>

...And yeah, this artist does have sameface issues.

Not just the troubador, but Marx is clearly on the "western army" and you see him being player controlled in several scenes. There's such a stronger emphasis on "two armies" this time, that I think you'll be doing a lot of cross-recruiting.

My only worry is that there will only be two armies. I always liked the political aspect of FE, different nations with different goals that may or may not be allies based on the situation.

L95

I've just picked up Fire Emblem 7 again after a long break and hoping to finish it. Lowen has just become a level 20 Paladin. Is that it for a character once they have reached level 20 in their 2nd class? Can he become any stronger?

Level 20 promoted is the highest they get. You can use stat boosters on stats that aren't capped if you really want to I guess.

Not just the troubador, but Marx is clearly on the "western army" and you see him being player controlled in several scenes.

We do? I must've missed it...

-goes to watch the trailer for the 15th time-

Lunar15

Level 20 promoted is the highest they get. You can use stat boosters on stats that aren't capped if you really want to I guess.

We do? I must've missed it...

-goes to watch the trailer for the 15th time-

Sure, you see him attacking the golem in that one fight scene.

Also note that he doesn't seem to have the skull shaped shields the rest of the "Western" army has.

L95

Ohhhh.
Am I being annoying in that technically he could be a npc/have a scripted monster fight?

You're right there.

About the skulls, the painting in the trailer doesn't have skulls on the western army either. I wonder where they went.

StayDead

I'm happy that the monsters are back, but I think I'll be happier when I find out the warlocks who summon the stupid gargoyles are not back from Gaiden. Those guys are my worst enemy.

L95

Also note that he doesn't seem to have the skull shaped shields the rest of the "Western" army has.

Wait, wait wait.

Jan_012.jpg

That's a creepy face on his shield, if you ask me, maybe he changes armor at some point. (It's not a skull like the dudes in the trailer, but still.)

octopiggy

Thanks for answering. The new FE trailer put me in the mood to finish this one and I had forgotten how much I was enjoying it.

Not just the troubador, but Marx is clearly on the "western army" and you see him being player controlled in several scenes. There's such a stronger emphasis on "two armies" this time, that I think you'll be doing a lot of cross-recruiting.

My only worry is that there will only be two armies. I always liked the political aspect of FE, different nations with different goals that may or may not be allies based on the situation.

so who's going to be the Naesala of this game then?

:p

Golnei

That'd be awful, but I'm sure there will be at least a few countries focused on - the main thing will be whether any of the politics between them will matter in the slightest, or we'll just get Red Nation and Blue Nation with some filler in the background, before everything gets hijacked by the dragon of the week.

Lunar15

so who's going to be the Naesala of this game then?

:p

Dunno, but I hope they have one. I really loved Naesala. That was such a great thing in PoR and RD: characters who did irredeemable things that were searching for redemption. The whole arc with Shinon and how it's resolved in PoR was interesting to me. It was pretty neat to have your team members hate you at one point. Made Ike's struggle feel that much more real. I mean, really, who would follow some rookie kid who has next to no experience leading an army?

Ike getting his shit together to the point where he's leading most of the continent's armies against a common foe has to be one of the most satisfying arcs in the series. PoR had a pretty neat WWII vibe that none of the others really re-create. (Not surprising then, that they went with the name Ike, huh?)

Fun Fact, Ike was originally going to be called Paris, after Hector's brother in the Illiad. He was modeled after Hector because the fan reaction to Hector was very positive. Fans liked having someone rugged, tough, and more straightforward. This is how we got Priam, who is Paris in the japanese version of Awakening. But y'all probably knew all this at this point.

you know, pretty much every single game has had a god/dragon as a plot point and/or antagonist, it'd be nice if this game actually didn't have it for once, but I'm not expecting it

Golnei

you know, pretty much every single game has had a god/dragon as a plot point and/or antagonist, it'd be nice if this game actually didn't have it for once, but I'm not expecting it

I'd be very surprised if the shadow dragon choking the dancer didn't show up again. Though it'd be nice if the only final antagonists were human, with the lone dragon / deity ultimately on your side or possessing your avatar benevolently.

I'd be very surprised if the shadow dragon choking the dancer didn't show up again. Though it'd be nice if the only final antagonists were human, with the lone dragon / deity ultimately on your side or possessing your avatar benevolently.

I'd rather have no deities period tbh

Lunar15

the threat of the medallion, and how Ashnard uses it to power up, still counts, as Yune is a goddess

I guess I view it as more of a means to an end. Theoretically, FE7 kind of avoids this too: Yes, there's a dragon at the end, but it's hardly the mastermind behind it all.

In PoR, it's ultimately Ashnard... until you really find out who was behind it all in a later game. Really liked the "twist" in RD, though.

L95

You know what'd be cool?
If they made the avatar the final boss.

I... um... I'm not sure how to reply to this.

Do you not count Awakening? I think that's the closest we'll ever get to the Avatar being the final boss, though he is possessed.

spiritfox

I'd say so, we don't have a release date or title whereas Japan does, plus Japan just gets stuff earlier than NA/EU anyway.

In fact, when was the last simultaneous globally released game from Nintendo?

ORAS was a global release, though Pokemon is a much bigger franchise than Fire Emblem.

Tommy DJ

Quick question.

I'm planning a Hector Hard Mode S Rank run. Do ranks from Lyn's story carry over to Hector's story. I honestly cannot remember or find anything about it outside 5 stars funds rank = free white gem.

Busaiku

I... um... I'm not sure how to reply to this.

Do you not count Awakening? I think that's the closest we'll ever get to the Avatar being the final boss, though he is possessed.

No, that doesn't count.
I'm talking about the avatar being there of their own volition (doesn't necessarily have to be good or bad, just opposite of the main Lord's ideals).
Like throughout the game you're presented options. Whichever you take, the main Lord chooses the other option, or something like that.
At the end of the game, you'll be controlling the main Lord and facing down the avatar, who's on the opposing side of your decisions.

NeonZ

No, that doesn't count.
I'm talking about the avatar being there of their own volition (doesn't necessarily have to be good or bad, just opposite of the main Lord's ideals).
Like throughout the game you're presented options. Whichever you take, the main Lord chooses the other option, or something like that.
At the end of the game, you'll be controlling the main Lord and facing down the avatar, who's on the opposing side of your decisions.

But then it's not an avatar anymore if you aren't even following his side. His whole point is to be a point of view character. In that scenario, you'd end up with the main lord as an enemy.

Top Bottom