• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

They're too easy to get the best rank in, unlike the earlier ones. I guess it's nice that they exist...

For reference, "Tactics" (the only rank that isn't self-explanatory) rates how many characters you've recruited.
FE6 ranks are also trivial, but we still know how it works
Kappa

but seriously it's been a while since I've played it, what are the ranking categories for that game again

Golnei

The artist who did that SSB64 Marth mockup made a fairly good Robin sprite.

tumblr_nlodr1TqTy1rmec6bo1_250.png

This style might have functioned well as an intermediary between the GBA style and Awakening's transition to 3D on portables, instead of the prerendered sprites they went with on the DS...

Chrom

This style might have functioned well as an intermediary between the GBA style and Awakening's transition to 3D on portables, instead of the prerendered sprites they went with on the DS...

I hadn't seen either of those before. Nice stuff! Would've loved to have Marth in Smash 64.

Moonlight

Banned

Man. Awakening's visual charisma would have been infinitely superior to what it was if they went back to sprites.

L95

I always figured the GBA requirements were kinda stupid due to them being the first games with supports like that. (That's what I blame it on anyway.)

I always figured the GBA requirements were kinda stupid due to them being the first games with supports like that. (That's what I blame it on anyway.)

yeah, but you'd think they'd have figured it out for FE7 or FE8 after the first (and second) time

anyway, something different: best chapter names across the whole series?

edit: might as well answer the question myself right

FE4: The Last Holy War, not the most creative but it's definitely fitting
FE5: The First Rain of May, dunno why, it just sounds nice
FE6: The Neverending Dream and The Ghosts of Bern, these two are even back to back!
FE7: Pale Flower of Darkness (see The First Rain of May, lol)
FE8: Unbroken Heart
FE9: Despair and Hope
FE10: Maiden of Miracles (tbh despite liking RD's chapters, the chapter names aren't so hot)
FE11: A Brush in the Teeth, just cause it's funny
FE12: eh, pass
FE13: Sickle to Sword (seriously, the best they could come up with for Chapter 10 was Renewal?)

Moonlight

Banned
anyway, something different: best chapter names across the whole series?
FE4: Dance in the Skies
FE5: Remorse and Retaliation
FE6: The Neverending Dream
FE7: Pale Flower of Darkness
FE8: Two Faces of Evil
FE9: Blood Runs Red
FE10: From Pain, Awakening
FE11: Star and Savior
FE12: Within the White Darkness
FE13: Anna the Merchant Flames on the Blue, A Shot In The Dark

Make it sound vaguely poetic, and you've got me. Alliteration is key!

NeonZ

Is Lucina gonna replace Marth as the face of the franchise.

Marth is still everywhere in those images, so clearly not. Even the new artwork has Marth and Masked Lucina, while Lucina is actually missing from one of the shots with reused art. The new FE seems to feature an all new cast again, so it wouldn't make much sense to focus on Awakening's crew like that when they soon will be promoting new characters.

They'll probably promote Awakening's crew again through DLC though, since it should be fairly easy to port them, and they'd be pretty much guaranteed it'd sell well.

Chrom

The booth looks awesome, love the Marth illustration as well. Seems like it'll also be selling the PoR/RD soundtrack too.

Draxal

Marth is still everywhere in those images, so clearly not. Even the new artwork has Marth and Masked Lucina, while Lucina is actually missing from one of the old shots with reuse art. The new FE seems to feature an all new cast again, so it wouldn't make much sense to focus on Awakening's crew like that when they soon will be promoting new characters.

They'll probably promote Awakening's crew again through Amiibo though, since it should be fairly easy to port them, and they'd be pretty much guaranteed it'd sell well.

Fixed it for ya!

Moonlight

Banned
OMG

My mind completely misread that part of the picture XD
You've completely changed the way I look at that picture.

Really cool poster, though. Anyone concerned that Lucina is gonna overtake Marth is being silly, though. The better reason they're there is to bookend the FE series as a whole - it started with Marth, and now 'ends' at 'Marth'. It's a cool idea!

Busaiku

I still don't get why SRPGs are "Simulation RPGs" in Japan.
What are we simulating? I don't think this is how wars actually work.

Hope we'll get to a glance of some maps to see if they put more work on this than in Awakening.

And more details on new classes and weapons pls

(And 2015 in Europe
lol
)

L95

Oh man oh man

I really hope we get new info/footage (and maybe jp release date.)

Plot twist: no FEif info and SMT blowout?;-;

L95

It's very possible there wont be....

Though this month is FE's 25th anniversary :B (I'll keep low expectations for my sanity, however)

Griss

Was just reading through the plots of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn again. While there are flaws, it really is one of my favourite fantasy stories ever told in a videogame, perhaps my favourite.

There's no chance they ever go back to that political style of storytelling, is there :(

Was just reading through the plots of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn again. While there are flaws, it really is one of my favourite fantasy stories ever told in a videogame, perhaps my favourite.

There's no chance they ever go back to that political style of storytelling, is there :(

Yeah, I love so much this kind of storytelling and also the narrator between the chapters with a summary of the situation with maps and all

Top Bottom