• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Thud

Still have to find a copy of Thracia 776 and a new Path of Radiance to complete the collection. Then I have to find a way to make it playable :p.

As of now I'm playing FE6 on my GBA SP. After some failed attemps I reached chapter 8, still a great game, but it can be pretty brutal with those low hit percentages.

Looking forward to the next installment. One of my favorite authors is writing the script. To be honest I like the old artstyle better. FE7 is probably my favorite in the series. I still have to complete a Hector Hard Mode playtrough with Kishuna chapters sometime later. I missed a valuable sidechapter and thus created a lack in equipment. Got some casualties and plop couldn't get into the second Kishuna chapter.

And that's that I guess.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Both of them have the boss freezing glitch.

...But on some personal research, it looks like attacking him with some characters(different weapons? something lol it's kinda random) prevents the freeze. (I assume different boss quotes or something.)

I actually wasn't aware of this.
I'm playing the game right now on PSP (I have the original disc, but a friend has borrowed my PS1. Also, I'd still need to burn a disc with the English translation anyway) and the spot was no problem, since I really like to use magic users and bow users in Fire Emblem games, I wouldn't have even stumbled across this bug even if I didn't know about it :). So yes, magic seems to be safe.

Overall TRS so incredibly obviously Fire Emblem, it's basically just a PS1 game in the series (pre weapon triangle). Of the non-weapon triangle games I think it also is the best so far, though I still have to play FE3. However, I'm puzzled by the extreme variance in difficulty, the game is all over the place difficulty wise and in particular, Holmes' route seems much, much easier so far. I am on Map 26a right now and think the idea of invisible, basically undefeatable characters (you could technically counter attack them with a long bow, but my bow user cannot kill and although he is high level, he'd get taken down by just two enemies) is dumb.

Also the lower route on Map 25 with the dragon knights was horrific, I only have two units who were even able to hurt them and both (magic user and bow user) would get instantly killed by only one attack of any of those dragon riders. I'm really happy I didn't have to fight those guys, otherwise the game would have stopped right there for me.

My last piece of thought is that this game is extremely long. I've officially clocked almost 20 hours so far, but due to many failed attempts it's really a lot more and I hear the game has 40 maps, so still a long way to go.

EDIT: I wanted to add: If anyone thinks about playing the game using the fan-patch, too, don't hesitate because of that bug above, luckily, the bug is on one of the easiest and shortest maps of the game and the boss does not move, so you have plenty time to snipe him off :).

Lunar15

Was just reading through the plots of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn again. While there are flaws, it really is one of my favourite fantasy stories ever told in a videogame, perhaps my favourite.

There's no chance they ever go back to that political style of storytelling, is there :(

Yeah, there's absolutely flaws, but all ultimately works. Each faction has motivations that make sense and the conflict feels really global.

IF seems to be about two factions, so I highly doubt it's going to go back to that "multiple country politics" of previous games.

Yeah, there's absolutely flaws, but all ultimately works. Each faction has motivations that make sense and the conflict feels really global.

IF seems to be about two factions, so I highly doubt it's going to go back to that "multiple country politics" of previous games.

you don't know that, there could be factions within the two major groups :p

lol yeah right, who am I kidding

Hope there isn't a divinity or a dragon as a final boss like always but I can dream. It just ruins everything IMO ._. (Probably the worst part of
the Tellius Saga
)

Levyne

Banned
Branching paths is cool. Now just gaiden chapters

and nice maps and well written supports and all the other things on the wishlist

Golnei

Wow Fire Emblem if will have 2 versions instead

Seems kind of odd that it wasn't even mentioned in the non-Japanese Direct, and the game's only been referred to as 'if' without the White and Black Kingdom subtitles - maybe they're going with a different distribution plan for the international version?

RiggyRob

First of all, fuck everyone that said SMT x FE was dead
(although that did look more like Persona)

Second of all, the idea of branching storylines that give you the option to play as the bad guys is really cool.

Seems kind of odd that it wasn't even mentioned in the non-Japanese Direct - maybe they're going with a different distribution plan for the international version?

either that or because it will be released next year, so no need to reveal it early

as for SMTxFE, the title in JP is Megami Ibunroku FE iinm, so "it is Persona" but in Tokyo... so fusion between both I guess welp, it is Gen'ei Ibunroku #FE

4637db481c.png

ac3a4ce05a.png

8a0f51cf36.png
From JP direct

Sölf

FExSMT looks like a generic JRPG. I need more gameplay to actually judge that. But it's alive, that's good. Also, I really did not recognize that until he said it.

But the new FE looks gorgeous. And FUCK YES, BRANCHING STORY! Not sure of #TeamHohr or #TeamHoshido yet. Need to rewatch the trailer.

Shun

I'm rewatching the trailer and recompiling info for the JP and WW OTs.

I would definitely appreciate help with graphics and layout. PM me if you would like to help. Thank you!

Sölf

FExSMT looks like a generic JRPG. I need more gameplay to actually judge that. But it's alive, that's good. Also, I really did not recognize that until he said it.

But the new FE looks gorgeous. And FUCK YES, BRANCHING STORY! Not sure of #TeamNohr or #TeamHoshido yet. Need to rewatch the trailer.

Edt. Whoops, wanted to edit. Errrr, 2 versions? Didn't sound like that in the trailer. But even if, Day 1. Both.

Thud

I don't know why they aim for a 2016 release in Europe. Must be some pain to localize.

So it's two versions? I thought it was more like a Normal/Hard mode thing.

SMT x FE doesn't even make me happy. I kinda liked the artstyle and then it went bananas.

From the looks of the SMT x FE trailer it looks like the characters turn in to FE like characters. Could only recognize Marth and what appears to be Shiida. But who knows at this point

well this is bizarre as fuck, there's no indication of two different games for either NA or EU

inb4 Japan got shafted
yeah right this is Nintendo

edit: also better to have the main lord be the self-insert too rather than Marth/Chris and Chrom/Robin shenanigans

Busaiku

From the Japanese stuff, I'm getting the impression that we're gonna be missing out on stuff in the US release.
Not the 3rd storyline, I'm guessing we'll get that, but like chunks of the Hoshido/Nohr stories might've been compressed in the JPN download release, which is the version we're getting (but also for retail).

Sölf

According to Serenes Forest, there seem to be 3 versions. White Knight Kingdom and Dark Knight Kingdom. And as a DLC a third episode. And all 3 together in a special bundle. What?

Golnei

inb4 Japan got shafted

I'm not initially inclined to think we got the better deal, but if Sega is publishing the Japanese version, it could have something to do with it - remember that Hyrule Warriors' DLC prices were notably fairer outside Japan. Either that, or they realised that pushing two versions of a game for an IP that still isn't that popular outside of Japan was a terrible idea.

Though that information not being revealed until the release late next year is also possible.

Sölf;158480530 said:
According to Serenes Forest, there seem to be 3 versions. White Knight Kingdom and Dark Knight Kingdom. And as a DLC a third episode. And all 3 together in a special bundle. What?

We need some direct confirmation with this.

Busaiku

Man, I was so hyped for this game, and now I don't even know...
If there is cut content, even for Fire Emblem, I will not support Nintendo on this anymore.

I got Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and Fantasy Life, but after those, I'm done.

Shun

New Information thread

First time doing OT as well, doing my best to organize and do information.

Any new info to add that I miss would be appreciate it. I am kind of swamped going through changes and do English name.

So to get the complete, we need to pay a DLC ?

Seriously ? And there is also Fire Emblem x SMT which is a huge backstab for me

I'm crying.

Busaiku

Asking here again, I am freaking out so much.
Is anyone able to verify if the Japanese eShop release, which contains both scenarios, contains the full versions of both games?
Or is it like a compressed version of both games?

It costs the same as a single retail version, so I am extremely worried that the reason is due to cut content.
I'm also assuming this is the only version that'll be available in the US (though also as a physical release).

I'm confused, are people saying FE is going the way of Pokemon and having two separate versions? I imagine the maps will be recycled in some form in both stories to avoid cutting content before resorting to DLC or expansions.

well this is bizarre as fuck, there's no indication of two different games for either NA or EU

inb4 Japan got shafted

edit: also better to have the main lord be the self-insert too rather than Marth/Chris and Chrom/Robin shenanigans
The self-insert becoming the main character was the worst thing that could've happened to me. The way I see it, it's like Robin but two times worse.

Edit: Oh god it's true. That sucks...

Already getting ready to be disappointed North America isn't going to get the Special Edition for if.

Hell, I'm already preparing the jealous feeling when NoE announces it.

Thud

I'm confused, are people saying FE is going the way of Pokemon and having two separate versions? I imagine the maps will be recycled in some form in both stories to avoid cutting content before resorting to DLC or expansions.

The self-insert becoming the main character was the worst thing that could've happened to me. The way I see it, it's like Robin but two times worse.

So I take it you didn't like FE7.

Ezalc

Dude looks like Sigurd, but that scrawny little thing can't be Tyrfing.

Also, artstyle continues to be godawful. Couldn't even recognize it as SMTxFE.

FEif also disappointed me. TeamBlack is better if only because fuck Japan's westerners are warmongers bullshit.

EDIT: Also, unfortunately this confirms avatars again. Ugh jesus wish they'd stop with this.

Top Bottom