• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Once it's released AmiAmi won't have any in stock, right? I really want to buy them but I don't have enough money to buy all 3 of them so I would like to wait till it's released to know which cards are in which deck and then buy the one I like the most.

Edit: Also, what are the chances of this making it stateside?

Once it's released AmiAmi won't have any in stock, right? I really want to buy them but I don't have enough money to buy all 3 of them so I would like to wait till it's released to know which cards are in which deck and then buy the one I like the most.

Edit: Also, what are the chances of this making it stateside?

Very low

L95

Kinda annoyed they're selling boosters in backs of 16 :U

The price probably isn't that bad for that, but I don't want that many lmao.

GamerSoul

Booster packs? I never would have dreamed that FE would going the Pokemon route haha

I mean that you have to spend 10 chapters in Lyn's story where she meets and recruits all of the Caelin army, and since she's a Sacaen nomad she deals with the elitist attitude of Marquess Araphen and her struggle against Lundgren too - it feels more down to Earth, like using Ike in PoR/RD, so Lyn's more likeable than Eliwood.

I fully agree. Lyn and Ike are probably my favorite lordbwith Lucina not too far behind. I felt Lyn was a great character to introduce the series to players because it really feels like you're learning and growing together.

This just came in today :D
it should arrive yesterday but shitty parcelforce don't do their job properly
CCD6hiMWAAACrAy.jpg:small

L95

Oh, I made silly assumptions.

A guy on Serenes Forest went to the event and bought them for people and mailed them out. I got the posters and the staff book, whenever they get here, anyway.

It's staff book which contains drawings + messages from various people that involved in FE. I wish it's a little bit thicker though (only 36 pages) but at least it is full coloured.
prodigy pls :^)

Kamui's dragon transformation totally looks like some Arceus/Dialga hybrid

I bet there's some time travel shenanigans returning to this game /s

L95

Ohh, I wanna see more cards too.

(Speaking of, I wonder what the bonus card is that the FEif LE comes with....)

L95

Kaga showing up would've been something. Pretty sure he's retired though. (Not saying him being retired made it impossible, just... very unlikely.)

L95

May I ask what these are? Especially that CD :p

They're both from a booth a Comiket, which is, if I'm not mistaken, a Doujin convention/fair?

Speaking of, I just got my posters and staff book that someone bought for me and sent to me in the mail. I really like the staff book, but I haven't unwrapped the posters because I don't plan on hanging them yet. (And I can never get them wrapped up right after undoing them.)

The staff book has art of characters across the entire series (though a disturbing lack of FE8 aside from Cormag). Seeing Julius and Celice- I mean Seliph, and a bunch of FE2 characters is fun, as well as codename STEAM style art for a bunch of FE11 people is cool too.

chumby

Neo Member
Hi, everyone! I just recently started playing my first Fire Emblem game
Shadow Dragon
, and I'm loving it!
I know, I know. :)
I have a question, though...there seem to be a lot of characters. Is it best to try to level them all evenly, or should I focus on leveling up certain key characters? I'm worried that I'm losing a great head start I had with certain characters because I'm trying to help others catch up. :/

L95

Levelling every character you get is a pretty big no-no, it's best to pick a squad of people you like and focus on them.

The only possible reason you'd want to level up people at a somewhat even pace is if you were doing a run where if they die they stay dead. Seeing as 95% of Fire Emblem players never choose to play this way, you should definitely find favorites and stick with it.

It's also worth considering in FE4 I suppose since 4 let you use all of your characters at once.

chumby

Neo Member
Yeah, there is definitely permadeath in Shadow Dragon. I'm ok playing with permadeath
as long as no one dies
, but one of my main concerns is eventually reaching a map where I will, for example, need a bunch of archers, but will only have one at a high enough level. Does that make sense?

The only possible reason you'd want to level up people at a somewhat even pace is if you were doing a run where if they die they stay dead. Seeing as 95% of Fire Emblem players never choose to play this way, you should definitely find favorites and stick with it.

It's also worth considering in FE4 I suppose since 4 let you use all of your characters at once.

or if you're doing a low level run, in which case you kind of have to use everyone :p

L95

Yeah, there is definitely permadeath in Shadow Dragon. I'm ok playing with permadeath
as long as no one dies
, but one of my main concerns is eventually reaching a map where I will, for example, need a bunch of archers, but will only have one at a high enough level. Does that make sense?

I don't think there are ever any scenarios like that, where you need a very specific unit. (At least, not in Shadow Dragon, I don't think the rest of the series either)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
as long as no one dies
1 person is forced to die though...

alvis.exe

They're both from a booth a Comiket, which is, if I'm not mistaken, a Doujin convention/fair?

Speaking of, I just got my posters and staff book that someone bought for me and sent to me in the mail. I really like the staff book, but I haven't unwrapped the posters because I don't plan on hanging them yet. (And I can never get them wrapped up right after undoing them.)

The staff book has art of characters across the entire series (though a disturbing lack of FE8 aside from Cormag). Seeing Julius and Celice- I mean Seliph, and a bunch of FE2 characters is fun, as well as codename STEAM style art for a bunch of FE11 people is cool too.

May I ask how many of those 36 pages are actually full colored art and not just printed text or written notes? I've been thinking about getting it but find it hard to justify paying the current prices for less than 30 pages of art. :/

Waiting for hopefully a concert CD to come out with the concert so I can grab that and the anniversary CD together.

L95

May I ask how many of those 36 pages are actually full colored art and not just printed text or written notes? I've been thinking about getting it but find it hard to justify paying the current prices for less than 30 pages of art. :/

Waiting for hopefully a concert CD to come out with the concert so I can grab that and the anniversary CD together.

There are... like 25 pages of art? Some of the pages with text also have art on them. Granted, I got the book for like $17 so I'm happy with it. The total page number is 41 pages. All of the art in the book is full color.

Can't post images, but does anyone know who the girl with the horn and blue markings on her face is on page 10? She's beside Tiki.

EDIT: Ah, someone on SF says that it's an early design for Tiki, neat.

Chrom

Yeah, that's what I'm understanding after lots of squinting. Tiki originated from another character, Arion, who was also a Manakete/Divine Dragon.

Top Bottom