• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Shengar

I doubt most of buyers will even be aware of difficulty differences.
Most will probably think it's like Pokemon.

*people buying Nohr version
"Why I can't grind any longer?"
"Where is the overworld map?"
"Why the enemies so strong?"
Not sure about the last part though, but expect the first two to constantly popped up.

Lunar15

Just think, if more of you had just bought Radiant Dawn, we never would have been in this situation
j/k

kinda not j/k

Levyne

Banned
I kinda want to replay Sword of Seals now.

The Nohr version sounds pretty awesome, world map I feel was the largest single detraction for me from Awakening (any FE game that has it really) so I'm really looking forward to that.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't want to come off as some console elitist, but looking at the CG cutscenes and then seeing the actual gaming graphics makes me lament that this isnt on Wii U and that a fire emblem isn't on wii U.

CSX

skimmed through the serenesforest analysis.

If infinite use weapons are in...what the hell is going on O___O

Draxal

I don't want to come off as some console elitist, but looking at the CG cutscenes and then seeing the actual gaming graphics makes me lament that this isnt on Wii U and that a fire emblem isn't on wii U.

Um, PoR/RD were quite ugly games for the systems they were on. Intelligent Systems isn't known for pushing the limits of the hardware.

skimmed through the serenesforest analysis.

If infinite use weapons are in...what the hell is going on O___O

Well, it's only for the iron/ beginner dragonstone so far. We'll see if this changes for Killer/Brave weapons.

Golnei

Um, PoR/RD were quite ugly games for the systems they were on. Intelligent Systems isn't known for pushing the limits of the hardware.

In addition, putting enough time and resources into making a RPG with an extensive cast at that level of visual fidelity (which, again, IS have little experience with; probably necessitating collaboration with an external developer) would be an unreasonable prospect when you consider the sales potential of a console FE - especially on the Wii U.

CSX

Well, it's only for the iron/ beginner dragonstone so far. We'll see if this changes for Killer/Brave weapons.

If it's just for iron weapons, then it's gonna work in my favor lol. I play hella conservative when it comes to weapon usage. Iron weapons till end of time

Did they get rid of bronze because that's should be the only class to be infinite if any. I guess it will serve as a fail-safe or something?

Reset

*people buying Nohr version
"Why I can't grind any longer?"
"Where is the overworld map?"
"Why the enemies so strong?"
Not sure about the last part though, but expect the first two to constantly popped up.

Yeah, that's why I have feeling that the only version the West will get as a retail copy is the White version. We'll probably get the Black version as DLC/digital only.

diaspora

Yeah that's why, I have feeling that the only version the West will get as a retail copy is the White version. We'll probably get the Black version as DLC/digital only.

So like Bayonetta 2. 1 & 2 came in one box physical in North America, but you could buy them both separately cheaper on the eshop.

Reset

I highly doubt this, that would be even worse than just releasing two versions

In the other threads people were saying that the NA direct implied that we were only getting one retail copy. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but there's no way I see Nintendo giving both games in a single retail game cart for $40-$50.
Unless they plan on selling it as $60-$80 than they'd be killing off the series in the west.

If it's just for iron weapons, then it's gonna work in my favor lol. I play hella conservative when it comes to weapon usage. Iron weapons till end of time
A couple years ago I had did Fire Emblem draft runs, which are basically low turn count races with special rules. It was pretty casual but it definitely taught me to be a better Fire Emblem player, and one of the ways it helped me the most was by getting me you be less conservative with my stronger and specialty weapons. Knowing when to break out the silver or Killer weapons, even in key scrubs, can make you WAY more effective.

Do it, relive those glorious hit rates!
Sword of Seals has True Hit, so it can't be THAT bad :p

A couple years ago I had did Fire Emblem draft runs, which are basically low turn count races with special rules. It was pretty casual but it definitely taught me to be a better Fire Emblem player, and one of the ways it helped me the most was by getting me you be less conservative with my stronger and specialty weapons. Knowing when to break out the silver or Killer weapons, even in key scrubs, can make you WAY more effective.

FE6 is the only game in the series where true hit can actually hurt the player!

Busaiku

I dunno why some are thinking that we'll get anything less than the equivalent of the Japanese eShop release.
The only question is if there's any chance we get an equivalent to the special edition, but Bill clearly said we are going to have to make choices. In the separate Japanese releases, there are no choices you're locked to that path (I believe).

Rutger

Banned
Weapons in FE6 tend to have lower hit rates than later games. Axe users have it really bad since they don't have the skill to work around it.

But yeah, I don't think it's that bad. It could certainly have been balanced a little better, but I actually kind of like it, I rarely have to consider my hit rate in later FE games.
I dunno why some are thinking that we'll get anything less than the equivalent of the Japanese eShop release.
The only question is if there's any chance we get an equivalent to the special edition, but Bill clearly said we are going to have to make choices. In the separate Japanese releases, there are no choices you're locked to that path (I believe).

I'd imagine those choices found in the eShop version will be unlocked once we buy the other story DLC in the Japanese version. I'm interested in seeing how NoA handles it.

Thud

I forgot to have a second save file and choose the wrong village in chapter 9 (FE6).

Now I can't have that sweet lvl 1 Gonzales :(

I forgot hitrates were that low in FE6. It really has been awhile since I played it. Never did beat it either. The Nomads are the best archers in FE6 and the Pegasus Knights are unimpressive but that also means I had to go to Sacae instead of Illia. Yuck...

L95

Anyone know anywhere selling the if special edition in Japan that isn't already out of stock? I missed it on amiami ;_;

I got it on play-asia at like 3AM et last night(sold out now). I wanted to order from amiami, but they must've updated at like 5 AM et or something ridiculous. (I was checking Amiami, as I mostly wanted to order it from there.)

Apparently Nintendo tweeted that they'd give out more stock allocations for the LE, so keep an eye out.

CSX

Yea, the way to beat chapters in low number of turns is to be less conservative with strong weapon usage. But i'm not the kind of person who enjoys "speedrunning" RPGs in general and I'm such a cheapass when it comes to spending money in these games lol.

I have had myridons who still had their killing edges from the chapters they were recruited in by endgame lol

fireifw06.jpg

fireifb06.jpg

Hikami

Oh cool, didn't know there was a FE community thread.
I've only played Awakening but, I'm trying to play older ones now before 'if' comes out.

Playing FE7 at the moment.. when does the tutorial end..?

Chapter 10 is the last tutorial chapter.

Ah wow, guess I've still got quite a bit to go then.

Seda

I've only played Awakening but, I'm trying to play older ones now before 'if' comes out.

Chapter 10 is the last tutorial chapter.

L95

If it makes you feel any better, FE7 is the only game with a 10 chapter forced tutorial. (Unless I'm forgetting something....?)

Thud

You can switch off the tutorial messages, but forced tactics are kinda lame. Just like the forced promotion.

Although it's a pretty neat way to learn the game, for more advanced players it's kinda annoying. FE9 was definitely better with this. Optional tutorial screens.

I'm playing it on the Wii U now. Rushing through is much harder, but still after 2 hours I reached chapter 7 without skipping story. It's not that bad. The real part starts after Lyn's story.

Chrom

Your question's already been answered, but I'd like to say that I hope you will enjoy the rest of the series. I really love the older games, especially the Super Famicom ones.

If it makes you feel any better, FE7 is the only game with a 10 chapter forced tutorial. (Unless I'm forgetting something....?)

FE8 is so easy the whole game is a forced tutorial
Kappa

seriously though, I dunno why the game essentially forces you to do so many things* on Lyn Normal Mode

*technically you can cancel out of those prompts, but still

Fire Emblem 7 still reigns supreme as the best first Fire Emblem to try if you want to get introduced to the series as a whole.The only "negative" for being a first FE I can think of is that the plot is a little unconventional (since your main enemy threat isn't an evil empire)

Fire Emblem 7 still reigns supreme as the best first Fire Emblem to try if you want to get introduced to the series as a whole.The only "negative" for being a first FE I can think of is that the plot is a little unconventional (since your main enemy threat isn't an evil empire)

That "negative" is one of the few things FE7 has over the rest of the series (and even then it goes to
HURR DRAGONS like nearly every other game....why
).

Top Bottom