• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

alvis.exe

There are... like 25 pages of art? Some of the pages with text also have art on them. Granted, I got the book for like $17 so I'm happy with it. The total page number is 41 pages. All of the art in the book is full color.

Ah I see thanks! Yeah they're definitely not $17 right now hahahaha.

jnWake

*** FE7 Spoilers I guess? ***

How the hell I'm supposed to kill Kishuna to access 19xx in Hector Mode?

I mean, if I kill him I lose the magic barrier so Aion should almost dead when I do that, but I read somewhere that Kishuna escapes as soon as Aion is killed. Both guys are super annoying to hit so... Any tips?

L95

I mean, if I kill him I lose the magic barrier so Aion should almost dead when I do that, but I read somewhere that Kishuna escapes as soon as Aion is killed. Both guys are super annoying to hit so... Any tips?

I could be remembering wrong, but I didn't think killing Aion made Kishuna leave. For killing Kishuna I pray for Mani Katti and killing edge crits. (I admit, my Lyn from Lyn mode on these runs and always a bit overlevelled....)

I don't think he leaves if Aion dies.
In this video for example. He doesn't leave after Aion is gone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXdVsol1j0k

As for beating him. Use powerful accurate weapons. Anything that has higher crit helps too.
Naturally. Get rid of his helpers asap.

rig crits

also Kishuna doesn't run away if you kill Aion

jnWake

Ah, thanks. I guess the guide I read was misinformed. So I can concentrate on Aion first while killing Kishuna's guards. That should make it easier.

Aubergine

Neo Member
Screencapped stuff from FE Cipher livestream earlier...
https://imgur.com/a/JOv2A

Japanese translations per Kuroneko's catalog of pictures:
The first four images list off some of the "many famous/popular illustrators that will be contributing their art" to the game.

vTn7WHS.png

The cards are "Original design/concepts" for the characters. The one on the left is "Pegasus Knight class Minerva", and the right is "Hero class Leaf"

It's interesting to see the whole piece of art before the card overlay.

TggAgkO.png

"Rules of Play:
-Decks are made up of 50 of your favorite cards
-You can decide on only on 'Protagonist' or 'Main character' for your deck. (It's unclear if this has to be a Lord class character based on this picture alone)
-Each player takes turns placing characters on the battlefield and attacking the other player.
-You win by defeating the other player's Main Character.

4FwJSwv.png

"Rules of Play - Playmat details:
(Going from left to right starting from the top, the names of the areas on the play mat are as follows)
'Orb Area'
'The Battlefield', which consists of the upper 'Front Lines/Vanguard' and lower 'Rear-guard'
Below the Battlefield is the 'Support Bonds Area' (where you'll work on the support levels of characters)
The column to the right of the battlefield is as follows:
'Support Soldier Area' (I'm guessing where you will place current teamed up soldiers)
'Deck placement'
'Retreated Soldiers Area' (I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be the discard pile, it uses 退避 which means to evacuate from battle)

That's all I can get to before I get ready for work, apologies for some rough translation, but I was curious about the game mechanics myself and thought to post what little I gleaned here.

Chrom

That second card should be Hero Wrys. The translation is pretty much right but that's how his name is localized in English. He certainly went through some training, haha.

Chrom

So are the first set of cards all characters from FE1 and Awakening?

Well, Athena has a card, so I think it'd be more accurate to say one side is of Shadow Dragon characters. One name they use as an umbrella for those characters is War of Darkness, which is of course the main conflict of Marth's first story. But yeah, you're right that the first batch will be from those two games.

Series 2 will be dedicated to Fire Emblem if characters (including the TCG original characters, I think) and Series 3 will have characters from Path of Radiance. That's all we know for now.

L95

Is the Mage guy a Dark Flier?
Or is that just a regular horse.

Pretty sure he's just a Dark Knight, both because he has that collar, and it's a regular horse. (Him being a Dark Flier would be cool, but we've already seen what can fairly be assumed his map sprite a few times now.)

Though, if the art is accurate, dark knights can use dark magic now, hopefully.

That's an alternate class version, just like Pegasus Knight Minerva besides him. It does seem like the card's art shows him as a Risen or something though.

Huh. I just figured Minerva was a peg knight because in FE1, pegs promoted to Wyvern riders, and they wanted an unpromoted version...

NeonZ

Huh. I just figured Minerva was a peg knight because in FE1, pegs promoted to Wyvern riders, and they wanted an unpromoted version...

Nah, they're both considered "original designs" to the card game. There will be probably more cards like those with alternate versions of the characters.

L95

Nah, they're both considered "original designs" to the card game. There will be probably more cards like those with alternate versions of the characters.

Yeah, they're interesting. I wonder what kinds of other alternates we'll get.... Hero Wrys makes me think there's quite a range there lol.

War Cleric L'Arachel would be excellent hahaha

Chrom

Does that cover have both young and old Ike and no Micaiah? Lol.

Or is that Chrom? I really can't tell.

Nah, nothing from the Tellius games or Awakening are here. I believe you're looking at the Marth sprite from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery. Sorry about the quality of my phone's camera, haha.

Also lol that Ephraim is on it but not Eirika.

Yeah, it's actually kind of weird that Eirika is missing, now that you mention it.

Lunar15

Nah, nothing from the Tellius games or Awakening are here. I believe you're looking at the Marth sprite from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery. Sorry about the quality of my phone's camera, haha.

Yeah, it's actually kind of weird that Eirika is missing, now that you mention it.

Nah, I'm not making fun of your phone, just lamenting that I couldn't find the cover elsewhere to confirm.

And lol Erika.

Shun

Once again, Leif, Seliph, and Sigurd are forgotten. I love IS, but fuck them for asking to include Roy instead of these 3 in Melee (´;Д;`)

I agree with theprodigy for once.

Rutger

Banned
I'm okay with Roy possibly returning.

Maybe Sakurai will finally notice some swords in Fire Emblem are ranged weapons, and the Binding Blade will be tossing fire all over the place.
And maybe they'll use his great Awakening DLC design.
But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I always found Roy more fun to play than Marth anyways, despite how bad he was, and Lucina was too similar for me to want to play her.

It is disappointing that they made Lucina so similar to Marth. Robin seemed like a really cool addition with how he seems to play (I actually have no plans on getting Smash 4) but Lucina could have just been an alt for Marth and they could have given the slot to another character, or even another game.

jnWake

I don't want Roy... I haven't played his game but we don't need more Marth clones.

If they add a new FE character to Smash it has to be Hector or someone who uses a cool weapon.

Ezalc

Once again, Leif, Seliph, and Sigurd are forgotten. I love IS, but fuck them for asking to include Roy instead of these 3 in Melee (´;Д;`)

I agree with this. Also, I like Roy fine, I mean compared to other lords I prefer Sigurd and Ike for instance, so I wouldn't mind him coming back. I just wish that if he did they'd actually make some sort of changes to him which given the track record I doubt they will. But the biggest part why I hope it isn't true is so we don't get Ryu. Jesus, he's just such a hugely boring character and we already have one that actually matters from Capcom anyway. Can we just go to Konami and get Simon Belmont for iconic characters from Nintendo's history instead?

Rutger

Banned
I don't want Roy... I haven't played his game but we don't need more Marth clones.

If they add a new FE character to Smash it has to be Hector or someone who uses a cool weapon.

If they got really creative with the ranged fire of the Binding Blade, I personally think it could offer a far more interesting moveset than Hector's axes.
But again, I'm not holding my breath on that. :/

The real tragedy of Roy returning will be having to listen to all the complaints of there being too many sword users, and knowing I'll probably never see a Swordmaster in Smash.
All I can do is hope those Lyn in Project M rumors are true.

Draxal

It is disappointing that they made Lucina so similar to Marth. Robin seemed like a really cool addition with how he seems to play (I actually have no plans on getting Smash 4) but Lucina could have just been an alt for Marth and they could have given the slot to another character, or even another game.

The wouldn't have given that slot to another character as she took barely work to do.

There is no way that they were going to bring those 3 in, only reason Roy's coming back is because he's a vet.

Shun

The wouldn't have given that slot to another character as she took barely work to do.

There is no way that they were going to bring those 3 in, only reason Roy's coming back is because he's a vet.

I was speaking for my Melee wishlist over a decade ago.

Dude's just a boring and dull character imo.

To be fair, neither of those three would be any different than your normal Fire Emblem swordsmen/Marth clone.

Leaf might be different if they give him the Light Brand so he'll have some range/won't be another Marth clone.

We'll probably never see Sigurd since they aren't going to bring his horse in.

They should introduce Micaiah for something new.

To be fair, neither of those three would be any different than your normal Fire Emblem swordsmen/Marth clone.

Leaf might be different if they give him the Light Brand so he'll have some range/won't be another Marth clone.

We'll probably never see Sigurd since they aren't going to bring his horse in.

They should introduce Micaiah for something new.
the salt would drown the Fire Emblem/Smash communities lol

Top Bottom