• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

hmm...they better not base their plans for selling this game in the west on how the splits go in Japan, unless it means they decide to put the whole thing in one package

Busaiku

Still pissed off that the US is getting this next year.
It sold just as well here as it did in Japan, maybe even better by now.

Why do I like Nintendo's games.

I'm not that mad about translation time... but I think I'm just desensitized to it.

The way I see it is that there's other stuff for me to play in the meantime. I can amuse myself until it comes out. I just have to avoid spoiler topics in the meantime.

L95

The way I see it is that there's other stuff for me to play in the meantime. I can amuse myself until it comes out. I just have to avoid spoiler topics in the meantime.

I honestly only have one or two games I'm looking forward to, Devil Survivor Break Record, and... something I'm not remembering at the moment.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/bfwj/index.html

Some art from the main site:

8fzK2aQ.jpg

Aizo

Banned
Should I play Fire Emblem 1 and 2 on NES or the DS remakes? Please explain why, if you say NES. I'm leaning towards DS right now, despite Shadow Dragon not being well received.

Josephl64

Should I play Fire Emblem 1 and 2 on NES or the DS remakes? Please explain why, if you say NES. I'm leaning towards DS right now, despite Shadow Dragon not being well received.

I say play the Famicom versions. Mainly because they change Mars' personality in the DS remakes, although if you wanted to add onto that, you can also say they forgot to adjust for the weapon triangle, but it's honestly not that bad for it.

I say play the Famicom versions. Mainly because they change Mars' personality in the DS remakes, although if you wanted to add onto that, you can also say they forgot to adjust for the weapon triangle, but it's honestly not that bad for it.

nooooo don't do this

FE11+12 have so much better gameplay, stupid suicide gaiden requirements aside

also FE12 Lunatic (Reverse) is the hardest difficulty in the series heheheh

Josephl64

nooooo don't do this

FE11+12 have so much better gameplay, stupid suicide gaiden requirements aside

also FE12 Lunatic (Reverse) is the hardest difficulty in the series heheheh

I guess we'll just have to disagree. Then again I am crazy enough to prefer FE1 over FE6, FE11, and FE13 so what do I know?

Codeblue

If you want to play FE2, you don't really have a choice since it was never remade.

I'd say play the DS versions if only because 12 was so well done. 11 is serviceable, it's just really bare bones. If you're a purist though, you're probably better off sticking with the SNES game where they don't introduce the "My Unit" feature and tweak the story for it.

I didn't get very far into the NES game, but you might also check on the quality of the fan translation.

My ranking would probably be Shadow Dragon > FE3 Book 1 > FE1.

L95

Yeah, play the DS remakes, only play the NES one's if you really like retro games.

Also, as mentioned, FE2 was never remade, so you have to play the only game, the NES one, on the NES. lol

Greddleok

After putting hours and hours into FE:A, I tried again on Hard difficulty. Holy crap! It's orders of magnitude harder than Normal.

Aizo

Banned
Oops. I was so confused while reading the comments. I meant 1 and 3. I always forget that Gaiden is 2, but that doesn't matter, because I own Gaiden. I was asking because the Fire Emblem sale is still going on the Japanese Virtual Console. Sounds like I'll pick up the DS ones. I hope the DLC is still available and everything.

Chrom

Sounds like I'll pick up the DS ones. I hope the DLC is still available and everything.

Unfortunately, not everything is available anymore, I believe. Both DS games had online components that are no longer functional due to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection discontinuing last year. It sucks for both games because Shadow Dragon left the Elysian Whip (needed for promoting Pegasus Knights to Falcon Knights) exclusive to the online shop, while there were some downloadable bonus chapters for New Mystery. You wouldn't be able to access these anymore without some additional assistance.

L95

Oh yeah, Shadow Dragon doesn't have the online shop anymore. Kinda sucks that makes the Falcoknight unobtainable.

Josephl64

Oops. I was so confused while reading the comments. I meant 1 and 3. I always forget that Gaiden is 2, but that doesn't matter, because I own Gaiden. I was asking because the Fire Emblem sale is still going on the Japanese Virtual Console. Sounds like I'll pick up the DS ones. I hope the DLC is still available and everything.

Fair enough, but after you beat the remake you should at least look up how Marth was changed if you have no desire to ever play the original afterwards.

Josephl64

I remember my online FE battles, they weren't as spectacular as I imagined them to be, but at the same time I couldn't really tell you of a better way to do them.

Still fun while it lasted.

Codeblue

I remember my online FE battles, they weren't as spectacular as I imagined them to be, but at the same time I couldn't really tell you of a better way to do them.

I tried it once and the two people I ran into had teams with all stats maxed. I figured online was populated by cheaters and never went back.

New Mystery made them obtainable outside of the online shop, at least. :c
<3 Falcon Knight Catria, so good

lol I wonder what it would've been like if Awakening had a similar multiplayer

Chrom

I contemplated doing that and sharing it on Reddit too, but I thought that would be a little inconsiderate.

This is really awesome news though. I think there's a lot of potential to be had here.

L95

Do we have any idea if his game is a new universe or in the universe of Berwick and Tearring sagas? (I want to say we don't know?)

Maybe it will get a EU release. Who knows.

Shozou Kaga is making... a game in SRPG studio? (a game maker program)

http://feuniverse.us/t/shouzou-kaga-announces-return-requests-help-from-his-fans/852

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=53572

I'm tempted to post it in gaming.

But I'm scared it's going to break the site XD

Here's my take

Now this is interesting. I always wondered what happened to Kaga. He kinda disappeared. Lets see how his fangame will turn out.

Seda

I did it. Now I gotta go to sleep.

If Serenes Forest burns down, let me know tomorrow.

I'm not going to do anything this time (no guarantee about other mods) but probably best not to create threads w/ links to sites you are affiliated with.

Just a heads up.

There are plenty of fans here who would probably be happy to post stuff if it's interesting.

I'm not going to do anything this time (no guarantee about other mods) but probably best not to create threads w/ links to sites you are affiliated with.

Just a heads up.

There are plenty of fans here who would probably be happy to post stuff if it's interesting.

Ah, I see. I'll remember that for the future. I can imagine why.

Haha, that last part is very true.

Chrom

That's what I surmised as well. The site was due for catching up on the newer infomation from last month.

I'm still kind of salty over Lucina being the DLC character from the Awakening deck despite Chrom being the cover character, haha.

Top Bottom