• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Chrom

where are you guys getting this from?

The new Famitsu scans have them.

And yeah, there are apparently more hair color options than Awakening (at least 27, vs. Awakening's 20 total) and females seem to have a hair ornament option exclusive to them.

The new Famitsu scans have them.

And yeah, there are apparently more hair color options than Awakening (at least 27, vs. Awakening's 20 total) and females seem to have a hair ornament option exclusive to them.

link?
worst ban bait ever, just kidding :p

what does this hair ornament option look like, or do we just know it exists

You know, at first I was dismayed to hear about Pheonix Mode and that they have seemed to take out durability, since I feel that the resource management aspect and permadeath were staples of the series that added to the strategy. But I have seen and heard of permadeath giving aggravating some new players' anxiety issues, so maybe including Pheonix mode is for the best.

And, in retrospect, not all FEs have the same durability system, so it's not like the concept is totally new to the series. In this case, focus may shift to forging instead of always buying from merchants. Perhaps the forging system will become more complex as a result? Also, I've seen people suggest a weapon degradation system should be implemented instead, where a weapon will lose its power/accuracy/crit rate/etc. as they are used instead of breaking. Not that IS will do something like that, but it sounds interesting.

NeonZ

According to a translation post on Serenes, it seems like the weapons might have their own special disadvantages and advantages much more often here, like somehow making double attacks harder (speed penalty, considering how there's no weight?) or lessening the opponents' critical rate.

NeonZ

Butler -> Great Butler and Maid are classes now. They use the "concealed/hidden" weapon type. There's also ninja, also using that weapon type, although I think that had been confirmed before.

Also, it mentions that some characters are in both routes (the maid and butlers, alongside ninja Suzukaze), but the other two ninja are Hoshido exclusive (Kagerou, Saizou).

Maid and Butler are classes in FE now? FE13 was kind of jumping the shark in absurdity but this seems to be finishing the job.

Not confident they'll be able to balance all the mechanic upheavals they're making.

According to Serenes forest :

Bronze Sword: Cannot critical, but boosts Critical Evade by 10
Iron Sword: Prevents stat reduction(?)
Steel Sword: Avoid -5, "difficult" to double attack
Silver Sword: Critical Evade -5, reduces enemy's(?) Strength and Skill by 2
Brave Sword: Allows 2 consecutive attacks, Defence and Resistance -4

Looks like steel sword will be shit

Concealed/hidden weapon will have debuff ability, but not that much info about it at the moment...
almost went for dark instrument for the 暗器 translation, but thanks Wikipedia entry explaining what the heck it is lol

Sölf

I like the changes done to the weapons. Mixing both triangles into one and giving each weapon positive and negative effects offsets the not existing durability imo.

Good so far.

Chrom

While it's not necessarily a confirmation, given that we now know that Paladin and Great Knight are present, I think branched promotions are probably coming back too. I hope that's true.

Rutger

Banned
I really like this new weapon triangle.

Bows might not be quite as garbage as they tend to be because they now have an advantage over lances which tend to be very common in the late game and are a rather strong weapon type in general. That and being strong against flying units(assuming that's still there) might not be enough to save archers, but it will give me more of a reason to have a bow user other than that being the only way that class can have a ranged weapon.

Magic being in the main triangle is cool too. The magic triangle never meant much because fighting magic with magic was rarely the best option. Now the bonuses and penalties are unavoidable so we'll actually have to plan for them, which is fun.

Who knows how it'll actually play out, but this could be a really good change.

Bows might not be quite as garbage as they tend to be because they now have an advantage over lances which tend to be very common in the late game and are a rather strong weapon type in general. That and being strong against flying units(assuming that's still there) might not be enough to save archers, but it will give me more of a reason to have a bow user other than that being the only way that class can have a ranged weapon.

It is still there

bows entering the weapon triangle, considering what it got, is honestly a nerf imo

it's weak against swords (aka the one weapon type you can pretty much always attack from 2-range without any retaliation) and magic (which bow users could lure in on enemy phase), and it's good against lances, which is decent I guess? (not like they had problems against fliers, and enemy phase luring is limited to just javelin users) and the other weapon type, which admittedly we have no idea how good it is or how often it shows up

but really, bows can have all the buffs in the world (except 1 range), and none if it would really matter if enemy phase combat is much more important

Rutger

Banned
Is being less capable of baiting magic really a nerf for bows?
I mean sure, it's an option that has been made less desirable, but still, bow users were never my go to class for baiting mages. Pegasus Knights with their high res and a javelin would always be a better option, but if they're not around then some of my stronger units would be more than likely to tank or dodge the mage and then take them out.

I guess it's bad for Assasins? Still not something I'd ever use bows for, so it really doesn't feel like a loss to me.

edit: screw that... confused with the new Sairasu guy paired up with Kamui
edit2: Dengeki has the artwork for some characters... and Female Kamui finally gets her feet fixed lol

L95

edit: screw that... confused with the new Sairasu guy paired up with Kamui
edit2: Dengeki has the artwork for some characters... and Female Kamui finally gets her feet fixed lol

Ye, F Kamui's art on the Japanese official site was updated sometime back with that fix as well.

Josephl64

They really gave all the great characters to Nohr, and even the one ninja that looks the best (Suzukaze) is playable on that route.

Really? I think the red haired girl from Hoshido is pretty cute...she looks to be pretty skilled too, but I guess we won't know until it comes out...

(looked her up and I was thinking Sakura)

**edit again it's been so long since I've seen the trailer that I blended Sakura with the other girl in my head

*Just ordered the FE new 3DS one, now I just need to save up for the game itself(want to go LE)

Sorry to break up all the talk about the new game...but how many of the enemy castles in FE4 can you skip?

edit: and also any pairs of castles that can be captured in either order

L95

Sorry to break up all the talk about the new game...but how many of the enemy castles in FE4 can you skip?

edit: and also any pairs of castles that can be captured in either order

Uh...

I know that the two castles run by those two brothers that like Larcei in the first chapter of the second gen can be done in any order (though getting one or the other first gets Julia Nosferatu or Light)

Aizo

Banned
Are there any party members I should avoid using in Gaiden? I'm not sure why, but Cliff is really sucking so far (still at the beginning).

Draxal

Just rating the four fe amiibos I have.

Robin > Marth > Lucina (her pose looks so unnatural in person) > Ike (mine got derp faced).

I'm also awaiting the Marth and Caeda/Shiida nendos (I love my Link nendo).

And I'm hoping the local store will have a copy of the Lucina figma as preorders are closed for it.

Are there any party members I should avoid using in Gaiden? I'm not sure why, but Cliff is really sucking so far (still at the beginning).
Have you gotten to the point where you can reclass villagers? Cliff has the some of the best growths out of Alm's group (we're talking FE Gaiden growths so nothing outstanding) with particular strengths in speed and defence.

Cliff also learns the most magic out of any villager hence why mage tends to be a popular choice for reclass but mercenary is better in the long run especially as dread fighter has great base stats and the only Mercenary line characters Alm gets are from the villagers.

Grey and Robin do fall off quite a bit.

Thing to remember is it plays by FE1 rules for promoting. Promotion doesn't have a fixed stat boost but raises your stats to the base stats of the promoted class so promoting early makes more sense. Plus many classes having 3 tiers in Gaiden, the fairly low promotion levels and terrible EXP gain point to that.

In Gaiden remember that some lion statues can be used for stat boosters. Obviously use those on units you will use.

Just rating the four fe amiibos I have.

Robin > Marth > Lucina (her pose looks so unnatural in person) > Ike (mine got derp faced).

I'm also awaiting the Marth and Caeda/Shiida nendos (I love my Link nendo).

And I'm hoping the local store will have a copy of the Lucina figma as preorders are closed for it.

I can't wait to see Marth and Shiida, even if it's just the unpainted models. I have a big soft spot for the Archanea games.

I'm really glad FE's getting some merch again; I don't think there's been this much attention paid to the series since FE3 and 4 came out.

L95

The rest of the Famistu info was put up. Looks like Pegasus warriors can also use bows,

The "parallel seal" (we see Joker using it to change into a paladin, great knight or 'valkyrie' (renamed to strategist), but the real interesting thing about that seal is that Joker's level doesn't get reverted to 1 when he uses it.

Javilens and hand axes can't double, ever.

The interview also states the game straight-up has more characters than Awakening.

And some other stuff.

EDIT: I just noticed they totally recolored Loptyr's holy blood icon for one of the skills Joker has.

The rest of the Famistu info was put up. Looks like Pegasus warriors can also use bows,

The "parallel seal" (we see Joker using it to change into a paladin, great knight or 'valkyrie' (renamed to strategist), but the real interesting thing about that seal is that Joker's level doesn't get reverted to 1 when he uses it.

Javilens and hand axes can't double, ever.

The interview also states the game straight-up has more characters than Awakening.

And some other stuff.

EDIT: I just noticed they totally recolored Loptyr's holy blood icon for one of the skills Joker has.

wait what

*runs to Serenes*

edit: oh yeah, let the era of magic continue from Awakening now that Hand Axe/Javelin got nerfed

Top Bottom