• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

The rest of the Famistu info was put up. Looks like Pegasus warriors can also use bows,

The "parallel seal" (we see Joker using it to change into a paladin, great knight or 'valkyrie' (renamed to strategist), but the real interesting thing about that seal is that Joker's level doesn't get reverted to 1 when he uses it.

Javilens and hand axes can't double, ever.

The interview also states the game straight-up has more characters than Awakening.

And some other stuff.

EDIT: I just noticed they totally recolored Loptyr's holy blood icon for one of the skills Joker has.

Also confirmed that pegasus warriors are unisex, mebbe we'll get a female zerker in this game.

On weapon durability.

Maeda explains that when development started on the new game, one of the major challenges was to find ways to help newcomers enjoy the game without feeling too stressful.
One thing that came to mind was the timing of when to use valuable weapons (eg. saving them for a future mission), and it was perceived that this form of intense micro-management was too much for newcomers to properly enjoy.

Well, we do have evidence of players not micromanaging the weapons properly in this thread, I definitely thing this should have been toggable like casual was.

Especially during the Nohr campaign, when there may be complicated victory conditions, such as reaching a destination within a certain number of turns. If you fail these conditions, you can still get a Game Over, of course!

Confirmation of an escape mission at least.

Chrom

I just noticed they totally recolored Loptyr's holy blood icon for one of the skills Joker has.

Heh, I had a feeling that I recognized that from somewhere, but I couldn't put my finger on it. It's really similar to it, I think.

If this can help Bows out then I'm happy. Part of the reason I learned how not useful Bows can be was because I did my draft run of FE7 and saw how well Javalins and Hand Axes (and their upgrades) could perform. Nerfing these weapons gives Bows a plus on them by being able to get that double. Of course 1-2 weapons are still ideal for enemy phases, but it's something.

jnWake

I loved bows in FE7. At least Hector Mode had so many ballistae that Rebecca was my highest leveled character for most of the game. I even had her finish the dragon in the final chapter!

Sölf

Dem changes. I like them. And more characters than Awakening? I think that didn't include all of the DLC chars... xD

L95

Cant wait to see pictures of the new characters. Apparently there are 7 new character that will be featured? (I heard someone mention this on Serenes, but I'm unsure.)

Cant wait to see pictures of the new characters. Apparently there are 7 new character that will be featured? (I heard someone mention this on Serenes, but I'm unsure.)

Yup, details on the Class Change system (specifically referring to the Master Seal), 7 new characters and new skills.

Draxal

The armor knight design is so much better at least.

In the meantime we can argue about boob plates again.

While obviously not the most practical thing in the world, there's a billion more things wrong with fire emblem armor design (pretty much everything about Camilla/Cherche/Tharja's outfits) than boob plate. I mean the more distracting thing to me is that she has her helm off more than the plate.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Cool. new card
CF-xA8uVEAAElqZ.jpg

Playing the original FE right now and it's surprising how much is similar or identical to future games. Not just the mechanics but the same items/consumables, weapons/staves, classes, etc. are all there from the start. Even things like the silver/membership cards.

It's a tough game to get into, though. You don't get to see movement ranges or any pre-calculated damage/hit/crit rates, you have to do it all manually. Better learn those formulas.

L95

Playing the original FE right now and it's surprising how much is similar or identical to future games. Not just the mechanics but the same items/consumables, weapons/staves, classes, etc. are all there from the start. Even things like the silver/membership cards.

It's a tough game to get into, though. You don't get to see movement ranges or any pre-calculated damage/hit/crit rates, you have to do it all manually. Better learn those formulas.

FE1's 'trading' drives me friggin' nuts. Also, be sure to check what classes can't promote. IIRC, armor knights never promote, and neither do hunters.

Draxal

New Famitsu info

Details on 7 new characters, new skills and some basic class-change info.

I'm quite liking the personal skills : D

I always though myrmidons was a stupid class name for swordusers. Glad for the rename there.

Harold is the Owain of this fire emblem.

Video is private they say. Can't wait to see his look it's the only one amiibo I got with Megaman :p

Change Seals doesn't reset levels anymore, your thoughts ?

Wasn't private yesterday, truth be told it looked too clashy for me, but so did all of the other amiibos except for Kirby.

Somebody saved a screen from the yarn thread in gaming so here you go.

rElGHfL.png

Most of personal skills are awesome (except Oboro's one, way too situational), the more info we get, the more optimistic I am. I just hope Hoshido and Nohr are not separated in the west.

Also Harold is the best character so far.

FOR JUSTICE

I always though myrmidons was a stupid class name for swordusers. Glad for the rename there.

Harold is the Owain of this fire emblem.

Wasn't private yesterday, truth be told it looked too clashy for me, but so did all of the other amiibos except for Kirby.

Somebody saved a screen from the yarn thread in gaming so here you go.

Thanks, doesn't seem really "Ikeish" for me

NeonZ

We're really missing something here. 4 class skills and one personal skill would only amount to 5 skills total, and yet each character can have 6 skills here (the personal skills that apparently can't be swapped out, and the 5 other skills).

So, there must be some kind of Second Seal mechanic too, otherwise you wouldn't have extra skills to be swapped out. Maybe a third tier too even, considering how they reduced the characters from 3 to 2 base classes, seemingly reducing the overall pool of skills each one has access to.

Chrom

We're really missing something here. 4 class skills and one personal skill would only amount to 5 skills total, and yet each character can have 6 skills here (the personal skills that apparently can't be swapped out, and the 5 other skills).

So, there must be some kind of Second Seal mechanic too, otherwise you wouldn't have extra skills to be swapped out. Maybe a third tier too even, considering how they reduced the characters from 3 to 2 base classes, seemingly reducing the overall pool of skills each one has access to.

DLC skills, maybe?

separate skill scrolls!
I wish

I'm liking the designs for the new characters. The smiling charming dude, the samurai girl with the huge sword over her shoulder and the tribal looking girl are cool.

Draxal

I'm liking the designs for the new characters. The smiling charming dude, the samurai girl with the huge sword over her shoulder and the tribal looking girl are cool.

Hinata (sword over shoulder) is a dude, although Hoshido has very andro designs in general. Harold the blond Gaston (smiling dude) is still my fav.

L95

In relation to designs, I have to say, the facial variation in this game is much better than Awakening. (Though Hinata's face looks a lot like one of the MRobin options and it's freaking me out lol)

Draxal

I see it now, the scans my friend sent me were pretty low res.

Also smiley being named Gaston is too perfect

Smiley's Harold, Gaston's the name a poster on Serenes game up for him, and it just fits perfectly.

In relation to designs, I have to say, the facial variation in this game is much better than Awakening. (Though Hinata's face looks a lot like one of the MRobin options and it's freaking me out lol)

I kinda think same face issue was a bit overstated in Awakening's complaints... Gregor was distinct as was older Avatars, I do notice the armor design is much better for cavs/knights in general and Camilla is the only design that's insanely odd compared to Tharja/Aversa/Cherche in Awakening(I bet we'll seem more though).

And yeah, Hinata looks exactly like half the Robins I have streetpassed.

jzbluz

Hoshido's character's designs are so much more to my liking that I really hope tactics isn't as bland as they're saying.

Shun

What I would do for an Altenna or a Katarina mercy.

Also import OT might be delayed a few hours to a day since it's my first OT. Regular one should be fine and just be a basic copy paste when that's out.

Top Bottom