• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Looks like Felicia's gimmick the stereotypical clumsy maid schtick. Fehhhhhhh.

Nonetheless, a lot of these new changes sound like fun, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. It looks like they're taking a lot of inspiration from Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and Pokemon. I love those franchises, so I think I'll have a lot of fun arranging the camp, collecting things and feeding the little koi dragon...but since this looks like the Hoshido campaign, I'm not sure how Nohr's My Castle will pan out. And I'm more interested in Nohr because what they're doing for the main campaign sounds a lot more complex and interesting. Perhaps one of the reasons they split the game in two not only has to do with earning more money, but also has to do with determining where to take the series after? For instance, if Hoshido outsells Nohr, IntSys might be encouraged to make more Awakening style games. I'm sure IntSys want to keep FE's new status as a B-tier franchise, so it seems like FE:if is going to represent a turning point in the series.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Looks like Felicia gimmick the stereotypical clumsy maid schtick. Fehhhhhhh.

Nonetheless, a lot of these new changes sound like fun, so I'm looking forward to trying this out. It looks like they're taking a lot of inspiration from Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon and Pokemon. I love those franchises, so I think I'll have a lot of fun arranging the camp, collecting things and feeding the little koi dragon...but since this looks like the Hoshido campaign, I'm not sure how Nohr's My Castle will pan out. And I'm more interested in Nohr because what they're doing for the main campaign sounds a lot more complex and interesting. Perhaps one of the reasons they split the game in two not only has to do with earning more money, but also has to do with determining where to take the series after? For instance, if Hoshido outsells Nohr, IntSys might be encouraged to make more Awakening style games. I'm sure IntSys want to keep FE's new status as a B-tier franchise, so it seems like FE:if is going to represent a turning point in the series.

Well for maids its either that or the overly perfect personality type. Which this time around seems to go to Joker the Butler.

---

Man Im so tempted to buy a Lucina Amiibo just to use with the game. D: Seriously dont want to since that price is pretty much a fucking game for a lump of plastic.

In Awakening, I didn't really feel attached to many of the characters early on, but by the end, I had a bunch of favorites.

With If, I already see a ton of designs I like, so I feel very confident I'll be able to build an army I'll be proud of.

I'm liking a lot of the designs better in If, Harold alone is amazing. In Awakening they were fine outside of Nowi and Toilet Armor and there were a lot I liked but I hope they have better character in If. Most in Awakening were archtypes.

Chrom

I think it'd be nice if they took that amiibo card idea from Animal Crossing and applied it to Fire Emblem. It'd be like having real life Einherjar cards.

I know the TCG technically already achieves this, but that's apparently a download process rather than a scanning one.

L95

So we now have a fox/kitsune (shapeshifter?) for the Hoshido side. I wonder what the Nohr equivalent will be?

Oh, Nyx has like, a magical counter skill.

Nyx

Return Curse: When she takes damage from a magic attack, deal half that damage back to the attacker

Foxy has a neat skill too

Nishiki (Fox dude)

Repayment: If he is healed by a staff user, the staff user is also healed by half of that amount

Who what now?

that's the class of the fox-eared guy. i believe fox is the direct translation from chinese reading while kitsune is the reading for the 2nd kanji
EDIT: typo there... should be 'youko' instead of 'youkou' haha

Nohr in a regular game, but she can join you on the Hoshido route if you rub her hard enough.

rubbing can make someone betray their side it seems :^)

Golnei

rubbing can make someone betray their side it seems :^)

But it can't make your onii-chan recognise the purity and innocence of the love you hold for him.

tumblr_inline_np9b84O5Me1qfo820_540.gif

tumblr_inline_np9bax4zYS1qfo820_540.gif

;_;

L95

Will Serenes Forest be working when the game comes out.

I hope so. (Starting to doubt it, though.)

It won't be as bad as Awakening, at least, I'll actually have the game to look at stuff instead of hoping for someone to post pictures.

Kirie

Sucks that SF is down since the info is up :<

Looks like Nishiki turns into a fox in one of the screenshots.

Edit: ninja'd!

jzbluz

Sucks that SF is down since the info is up :<

Looks like Nishiki turns into a fox in one of the screenshots.

Edit: ninja'd!

It looks like I managed to miss that when I first saw the scans. He even has a tail in his human form. Cute.

Kirie

It looks like I managed to miss that when I first saw the scans. He even has a tail in his human form. Cute.

Ooooh thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even see the picture where his human form has a tail, just the one where he's full transformed. I hope has a decent personality, as he's one of my favorite Hoshido characters at the moment.

Draxal

This one, right?

RCUl3Tz.png

Yeah, it looks really good. Actually, I wish this artist was in charge of all the card art, but considering the workload, that'd be pretty unfair.

The new one in the scans is better imho. And yeah, I do wish all art were more unified in General, I hated how for example in DLC we got Kita's Marth vs 6/7's Sword Arm Ike.

Josephl64

Just finished setting enough extra for my FE binge. Went through and finally ordered both trial decks, two booster boxes, the FE 3DS bundle, and the IF LE.

Now just for the long wait :/

L95

Just finished setting enough extra for my FE binge. Went through and finally ordered both trial decks, two booster boxes, the FE 3DS bundle, and the IF LE.

Now just for the long wait :/

I didn't get the bundle, and I'm only getting one booster box, but we have roughly the same amount of merch ordered :D

Josephl64

I didn't get the bundle, and I'm only getting one booster box, but we have roughly the same amount of merch ordered :D

Cool :)

Just learned of the amiibo compatability as I've been too busy to get any gaming news as of late. I have Mars, but yet to get the other 3 so I'll know what I'm going to do with my next paycheck.

On another note, as for FE amie, I don't have a problem with it like many others I've read have. Heck, if they made an FE4 remake I'd rub Sigurd just out of curiousity to see what he'd say. Maybe I'm too open-minded to this stuff?

Chrom

B01-053HN is the only Chrom card I really like a lot so far, personally. S02-001ST and P01-005PR don't look as cool.

Chrom

How does effective damage actually work now? seriously the stuff we've gotten on this is not clear at all

Yeah, as far as I've heard, it's not quite clear yet. Supposedly it's not like in Awakening anymore where the effective coefficient is merely applied to the weapon's might, but some other factor...

Lusankya

The generic enemy Dark Mage is among my favorite designs.

feif-eshop-soc-1.png

I like impractical but impressive looking headgear and I am glad that even normal enemy units have a portrait since Awakening.

NeonZ

And you apparently can hire the Deadlords as generic Einherjar here. I wonder if there'll be any point to doing that gameplay-wise though.

MyCastle-050_zpsverz6wjv.jpg

The generic enemy Dark Mage is among my favorite designs.

feif-eshop-soc-1.png

I like impractical but impressive looking headgear and I am glad that even normal enemy units have a portrait since Awakening.

And you apparently can hire the Deadlords as generic Einherjar here. I wonder if there'll be any point to doing that gameplay-wise though.

This is actually one of the aspects I'm most excited about. There's always some cool generic class designs, and now we get to use them.

L95

You know, I'm wondering if that portrait is the generic female warrior(??), Dark Warlord Drei (the selected unit) has always been a warrior in all appearances.

(Though the portrait looks nothing like a warrior, I'd expect something like cleric from the portrait)

NeonZ

Zwei/Bovis seems to be a fighter and Eins/Mus a mercenary, so it doesn't seem like they're following their previous appearances at all here.

However, Drei/Tigris seems to have a visible black bra and maybe shoulder pads under that red cloth. So, maybe that is the generic female fighter design.

Golnei

This is actually one of the aspects I'm most excited about. There's always some cool generic class designs, and now we get to use them.

It's a nice option to have - both for the designs themselves and as a way to have a few more units who actually wear their helmets (or safety berets in Tigris' case). And now that the option's available, I wouldn't mind it if the generic Awakening Dark Flier, Berserker, Hero, Falcon Knight, Trickster and Wyvern Lord were recruitable at some point as well, even sans feet.

Also, depending on how extensive the feature is, I'd be interested to see if this could lead to there being no enemy-exclusive standard classes - Awakening not letting us use Soldiers and Revenants even as Spotpass units was disappointing. I don't care if their stats are abysmal, I wanted to use a cute zombie flesh blob.

Top Bottom