• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What I would do for an Altenna or a Katarina mercy.

Also import OT might be delayed a few hours to a day since it's my first OT. Regular one should be fine and just be a basic copy paste when that's out.

You really should get it ready the day the game goes live. On the same day is fine, but generally a day late isnt not ideal.

Lots of OTs here at GAF to look at if you are wondering how to "format" your information. At least you mentioned you have the information ready to go, so should make things easier once you figure out how to format it for your OT.

Draxal

You really should get it ready the day the game goes live. On the same day is fine, but generally a day late isnt not ideal.

We don't need a fancy OT for the Japanese one, just say Japanese OT explain how the cartridges work in Japan and it's unconfirmed how it will work in the west and it will be fine.

Parakeetman

We don't need a fancy OT for the Japanese one, just say Japanese OT explain how the cartridges work in Japan and it's unconfirmed how it will work in the west and it will be fine.

They already mentioned they are not adept with graphics and in general graphics for OTs are extras, its the information that counts. Unless its an OT that is specifically made out of graphics alone that includes all the relevant information within it. As some posters do.

Just as long as said information is formatted so people can look over the relevant sections instead of having to go through one giant wall of text, there will be zero issues with having a mostly information based OT.

But would be the best for it to go up on the day of release hell am sure some folks will even get the game a day before release here lol.

Most people will be interested in the impressions and such thats why esp with how different things are with the game this time around.

Will be looking forward to the thread most def! Since the FE community always has good info not to mention hardcore fans. So will be interesting to see what kind of conversations spawn from the next title in the series

Lusankya

We're really missing something here. 4 class skills and one personal skill would only amount to 5 skills total, and yet each character can have 6 skills here (the personal skills that apparently can't be swapped out, and the 5 other skills).

So, there must be some kind of Second Seal mechanic too, otherwise you wouldn't have extra skills to be swapped out. Maybe a third tier too even, considering how they reduced the characters from 3 to 2 base classes, seemingly reducing the overall pool of skills each one has access to.

Most likely units obtain class skills in a different way compared to Awakening.

Hoshido's character's designs are so much more to my liking that I really hope tactics isn't as bland as they're saying.

:( I really hope we get both in one cartridge. I love the Hoshido character designs, but I also love the gameplay stuff they have on Nohr's side. Honestly, the complexity of Nohr's gameplay ought to be included in the Hoshido campaign. PoR wasn't difficult, but the game's mission variety kept it interesting to play.

RiggyRob

Being able to look around and customise your base is awesome, that should make it feel more like Radiant Dawn rather than a room where you just talk to people in Awakening.

Lusankya

Yes, there were some Nohr characters, but the city always looked like Hoshido.
Although I guess Nohr also needs at least the bonding feature for supports.

Chrom

My Castle is a feature in Nohr too, I think. From what I understood, items that can be purchased at My Castle will differ based on the game you're playing.

Draxal

Fire Emblem Amie.

I feel I should be disturbed, but I think it is hilarious.

I will poke everyone's eyes.

I'm not a fan of it, but Harold blushing made me chuckle.

edit. I'm hoping he becomes a fan favorite, so I think it's a good sign that he was used in that demonstration.

Castle building seems pretty cool.

The rubbing stuff...Ive played and enjoyed quite a few games that go into far more "intimate" touching, but it's weird seeing it in Fire Emblem. Im generally wooed by more subtle interactions. I'll TRY to keep an open mind...

Chrom

CGV8NxsUAAAHhvR.jpg

25 more days!

Seda

Castle building seems pretty cool.

The rubbing stuff...Ive played and enjoyed quite a few games that go into far more "intimate" touching, but it's weird seeing it in Fire Emblem. Im generally wooed by more subtle interactions. I'll TRY to keep an open mind...

The rubbing stuff doesn't, uh, interest me, but at least it seems totally optional. To be honest, I was probably more offput by Awakening's overly 'shipping' focused supports which were tied into the core of the game.

Base building i'm totally on board with though.

Tripon

The rubbing stuff doesn't, uh, interest me, but at least it seems totally optional. To be honest, I was probably more offput by Awakening's overly 'shipping' focused supports which were tied into the core of the game.

Base building i'm totally on board with though.

Has IF mentioned how they will handle supports?

Golnei

Basically I'm hoping for a little bit more variety in the support content this time around.

I don't see them dropping the heavy focus on shipping considering it was one of the primary draws of Awakening's more open support system for general audiences; but I hope that the removal of plot-necessitated marriage will at least mean that a wider variety of dynamics and relationships can be explored, even while retaining the primarily romantic focus.

Draxal

I don't see them dropping the heavy focus on shipping considering it was one of the primary draws of Awakening's more open support system for general audiences; but I hope that the removal of plot-necessitated marriage will at least mean that a wider variety of dynamics and relationships can be explored, even while retaining the primarily romantic focus.

I think the self insert romance will be there, but hooking up your all side characters to other side characters won't be there (anymore than the standard fire emblem so something like Nino/Jaffar might still be in).

So there is this thread in Serenes forest about weapons

Reavers are back. Killing edge deals massive damage on crit. Javelin is heavily nerfed and Silver sword has almost no penality...

Parakeetman

This is looking like its going to be a pretty awesome game am more excited about all the stuff with the town lol

After folks watched that 9 minute vid am sure people are pissed that the LEs are sold out. Wonder if nintendo changed their stance on not producing anymore. A little late at this point in time though

Parakeetman

Definitely a promising glimpse there

Wonder if there will be any base defense type of structures / gameplay features with enemies invading your town and such.

But seriously with all of the features in this next title really looks like they went all out with it.

Love the idea of being able to look around the town too from an on foot perspective.

PK Gaming

So...

I blew some money on the Robin amiibo way back and I felt super bad because it turns out I don't really give a fuck about smash

BUT the recent news of being able to use Robin in FE:IF makes me super happy

Sölf

I need the other FE Amiibos. I only have Marth so far. ;____;

But I don't want to spen 50+€ per Amiibo. Nintendo pls! D:

Seda

I'd love to get Ike or Marth in FE:if, but not interested in amiibo and especially not interested in taking the effort to actually find the darn things.

Golnei

Given their inclusion in STEAM as well as 'if', it'd be interesting if the hypothetical Wii U Paper Mario game that IS is definitely not making used the FE amiibo as well...

At least that might force another reprint - in the most ridiculously optimistic scenario, maybe one or two of the figures might even come into contact with a shelf.

I'd love to get Ike or Marth in FE:if, but not interested in amiibo and especially not interested in taking the effort to actually find the darn things.

Do we know whether the amiibo Marth and Lucina are identical to the card pack DLC yet? If that's the case, there may be alternative methods to obtain the other amiibo characters as well.

NeonZ

Do we know whether the amiibo Marth and Lucina are identical to the card pack DLC yet? If that's the case, there may be alternative methods to obtain the other amiibo characters as well.

We haven't seen them in game, but at least Lucina's doesn't seem to be the same. The illustration in the promotion shows Masked Lucina and the character is called, "The swordsman who goes by Marth, Lucina".

"Prince of Altea Marth" seems almost identical to Amiibo Marth though. They technically seem to have different chest armor and shoulder pads (going by the in-game IF model of Amiibo Marth, not the Amiibo itself), but I'll be surprised if those are relevant. Those parts of his armor are different from the Amiibo itself, since they're based on Marth's New Mystery armor, rather than his Smash Bros one (although the collar still is the smaller Smash one).

Top Bottom