• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

More Fire Emblem Yoshi

0NBTWst.png

Video around 5:15 shows all four.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cerSVNwRCMA&t=4m7s

Golnei

If Nintendo doesn't reach out to Square-Enix to cross-promote Fire Emblem characters in the 2016 refresh of Theatrhythm, they'll forfeit any chance they might have had of being relevant on mobile devices.

IF is NOT a New 3DS exclusive right? Because if it is I am gonna burn down the whole world I swear.

It's not. I'm not even sure if there's any differences between playing the game on the regular or new 3DS, unlike the enhancements to Monster Hunter or Smash Bros.

you can take a bath with onii-san

a little bummed they are using some of the same animations again though

maybe I just got way too sick of them from playing Awakening so much

Mr. RPG

Hey guys! Does anyone here know if Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade was ever re-released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console?

I know that both The Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones were re-released, but I can't find any information about The Binding Blade ever being re-released.

Could there be a remake or something in the works?

Hey guys! Does anyone here know if Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade was ever re-released on the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console?

I know that both The Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones were re-released, but I can't find any information about The Binding Blade ever being re-released.

iirc nope. it isn't available on JP Wii U VC

L95

Binding blade has been mysteriously MIA from the VC, yeah. I'm pretty sure every other applicable FE is on the VC now.

(If it is not obvious, talking about the JP VC. FE8 still isn't out on the US VC yet...)

Mr. RPG

They'll put it up when they announce Roy for Smash.

They released both 7 and 8 in 2014 so I don't see why they'd skip 6 just to announce it a year later when they announce Roy for Smash Bros.

Does a remake of 6 not sound very feasible? :p This could mean an English localization as well.

Sölf

They released both 7 and 8 in 2014 so I don't see why they'd skip 6 just to announce it a year later when they announce Roy for Smash Bros.

Does a remake of 6 not sound very feasible? :p This could mean an English localization as well.

Remake of 4 and 5 first please.

Tamanator

Sölf;167307900 said:
Remake of 4 and 5 first please.

Yes please. I've never really been a fan of 6. But 5 is a masterpiece, and 4 has such a compelling narrative, though those large maps almost drove me made when I played through it a couple of years ago.

Morokh

With all the news about FE:if i'm going back to Awakening to finally complete it, and I'm considering starting over and buying all the DLC.

How does it appear in-game ? randomly on the map ? can you choose to play it or not ? (since I heard some of them make the game very easy)

Chrom

With all the news about FE:if i'm going back to Awakening to finally complete it, and I'm considering starting over and buying all the DLC.

How does it appear in-game ? randomly on the map ? can you choose to play it or not ? (since I heard some of them make the game very easy)

After Chapter 4, you unlock an area on the map called the Outrealm Gate. You go there and choose the DLC maps you want to buy/play from a list.

Chrom

Seemed like it, just wanted to make sure !

Thanks.

You're welcome.

-

Speaking of the new Fire Emblem, I don't think I really need to say this, but just in case, let's remember that there will be a dedicated thread to discussing the Japanese release of the game. I personally don't mind the pre-release discussion in this topic, but I'm sure many will appreciate not needing to worry about potential spoilers over here. I think we should be able to agree on this, yeah?

Draxal

Once the game does come out in Japan, this thread should be about legacy games and all discussion about the new one should be in the ot.

Seda

Augh, everyone needs to stop using If names.

I like the Fire Emblem series a lot, but I have no interest in reading up on characters and such at this point. I'd rather be introduced to them within the actual game rather than reading descriptions on a website/scan. I don't know any of these IF characters you guys are talking about :v

And yeah, keeping spoilers out of this thread is reasonable and other communities have had similar rules.

I like the Fire Emblem series a lot, but I have no interest in reading up on characters and such at this point. I'd rather be introduced to them within the actual game rather than reading descriptions on a website/scan. I don't know any of these IF characters you guys are talking about :v

And yeah, keeping spoilers out of this thread is reasonable and other communities have had similar rules.

save us from the inevitable hell that the OTs will be, Seda!

:p

Chrom

Glad to see we're all on the same page about it, cool.

Although I'm not importing the game myself (by circumstance, mind), I'm still excited for the release as much as the next person. Unlike Awakening's original Japanese release, we actually already know that the new game is getting localized this time around, so I figure a lot more people are going to want to go dark on the game until the 2016 release. It's only courteous that we be mindful about that.

It's going to be a long and tantalizing wait for the official English release, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Draxal

Glad to see we're all on the same page about it, cool.

Although I'm not importing the game myself (by circumstance, mind), I'm still excited for the release as much as the next person. Unlike Awakening's original Japanese release, we actually already know that the new game is getting localized this time around, so I figure a lot more people are going to want to go dark on the game until the 2016 release. It's only courteous that we be mindful about that.

It's going to be a long and tantalizing wait for the official English release, but I'm sure it'll be worth it!

Yeah, the only reason we were discussing all the scans here is that they have nebulous spot on gaf. You're allowed to discuss them but not point out where they come from or post them here either, so posting a new thread for every Famitsu weekly wasn't tenable.

save us from the inevitable hell that the OTs will be, Seda!

:p

Just please don't let waifu talk and how this game sucks I want the old games drown out the conversation. I mean the game will have flaws, and they deserve to be pointed out, but I just don't want it to dominate conversations like the waifu talk did in the Awakening OT.

Thud

Well with the addition of Roy in smash, maybe they will add it soon.

Rutger

Banned
I'm really liking Roy's redesign in Smash 4. This is not the same kid from the start of the war in FE6, this is the guy that pulled off a victory in one of the most uphill wars in the series. That's a cool approach for his redesign.

I can't wait to play him again, Marth just never felt right to me.

Chrom

I'm really liking Roy's redesign in Smash 4. This is not the same kid from the start of the war in FE6, this is the guy that pulled off a victory in one of the most uphill wars in the series. That's a cool approach for his redesign.

I agree. I love how Roy looks. He genuinely looks badass now.

Ezalc

His new design is way better than Awakening's too.

Ezalc

Aw man, Ephraim looked so good. The worst ones were Micaiah and Elincia though and whatever Eirika was. I actually liked Ike's look even though it was kind of weird.

Golnei

His new design is way better than Awakening's too.

Fujisaka did well enough when you consider he was working within the constraints of the Awakening Mercenary outfit; but I agree that the Smash interpretation of it which incorporates more elements of his original design is superior. Minus whatever's happening below his knees, of course.

The moral rot of amiibo aside, it's nice to see that 14's cameo units are no longer generic.

Top Bottom