• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Roy's, Leaf's, Ephraim's, Lyn's and Katarina's all look great.

The only bad/boring ones are Marth, Ike and Est.

Of course not much you can do when the artists were basically forced to toss them into the class outfits for Awakening which is really one of the most annoying things for that game design wise.

Golnei

So Mother 1 is coming out in America/Europe via VC. Gives some hope for Fire Emblem 6 coming out on VC as well.

Was NoA working on a FE6 translation at any point? I don't think we have a precedent for completely new translations being made available via VC yet.

RiggyRob

So with Marth, Lucina, Ike and Robin amiibo unlocking the characters in Fire Emblem If, we can expect the same for the Roy amiibo, right?

Ezalc

Mother was already translated by NoA, it just wasn't released because it was way too far in the NES' life.

This could mean that Starfox 2 from the SNES could be released. Apparently it was done as well but wasn't released for similar reasons to that of Mother.

L95

Was NoA working on a FE6 translation at any point? I don't think we have a precedent for completely new translations being made available via VC yet.

I swear I remember reading that NoA considered localizing FE6, but I don't think they had it translated or anything. Probably my mind misremembering something and mutating it into something else.

(I do still think FE6's absence from the VC is curious, as I've said a few times, it's the only applicable game missing from the service...)

Golnei

This could mean that Starfox 2 from the SNES could be released. Apparently it was done as well but wasn't released for similar reasons to that of Mother.

Wouldn't the ambiguous legal situation surrounding the fossilised remnant of Argonaut make that difficult? Unless they were to create a port without any of the offending code, as with Yoshi's Island GBA, but that would again probably be deemed too much effort for the rerelease of an obscure SNES game, being closer to a new port than emulation.

Draxal

I swear I remember reading that NoA considered localizing FE6, but I don't think they had it translated or anything. Probably my mind misremembering something and mutating it into something else.

(I do still think FE6's absence from the VC is curious, as I've said a few times, it's the only applicable game missing from the service...)

I think they were, but they decided to hold back due to Fe7's tutorial mode.

Chrom

With Nintendo DS games now on the service, we could theoretically see FE11 and 12 too. That'd be nice!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Replaying Awakening fresh after 1.5 years or so break...

I just really, really like this game. I adore so many characters in it, like Lissa, Lucina, and Female Morgan. They're all just so irresistibly adorable, my God.

L95

With Nintendo DS games now on the service, we could theoretically see FE11 and 12 too. That'd be nice!

...I honestly keep forgetting about the DS VC. I only remember... Brain Age? being released on it but I haven't kept up with it.

Chrom

...I honestly keep forgetting about the DS VC. I only remember... Brain Age? being released on it but I haven't kept up with it.

Well, I understand that. It is kind of special after all. I sometimes have to remind myself of it too.

There have been a couple DS games released already. Stuff like Mario Kart, WarioWare, and so on. I think we'll probably see at least Shadow Dragon on there too eventually.

Draxal

What if we get Fire Emblem DLC for Mario Kart 8?

It's not an EAD property or one of the big guns, so I'm expecting it to be down the list of IPs that they will use.

The one great thing about Amiibo is that they kinda make the greater Nintendoverse more connected with each other.

Golnei

What if we get Fire Emblem DLC for Mario Kart 8?

For any Fire Emblem character to be chosen for Mario Kart DLC before King Dedede would be a disgrace; but the idea has potential to be really cute; especially if the characters have proportions similar to Link's MK8 appearance.

tumblr_nopi4e21qj1uup8j3o1_500.png

It's not an EAD property or one of the big guns, so I'm expecting it to be down the list of IPs that they will use.

Clearly, the only hope Fire Emblem has of getting the kart-based representation it deserves is for IS to make their own.

s1ltx5c.png

Imagine the possibilities!

yami4ct

It's definitely 2 versions, schreier posted the press release. 7Est 4pst My bad.

The press release is still a bit unclear. The wording mentions 2 versions, but that could simply be "versions" of the story. It also refers to the game in a singular noun form.

I expect it to be a 2 version thing (Which I'm personally fine with), but I just hope to see a full clarification on its release. I particularly want to know if they'll be taking the same DLC strategy.

NOE website pseudo confirms two versions:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/E3/Nintendo-E3-2015-1022866.html
Fresh from the Digital Event, check out the new trailer for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Conquest.
In hindsight. It isn't total confirmation at all as that would be Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright & Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest so might be the opposite even.

Will there be a treehouse live? That would clear things up nicely.

Perhaps Nintendo won't say either way and will decide based on Japanese reception and sales.

as much as I'd prefer one version, I could see them pulling that and then using just Japan sales to make future decisions, which would suck

yami4ct

Just seeing that little taste in the stream made me want the game really bad. Sure Awakening was easier than I'd like, but no one does that type of SRPG much anymore. I cannot wait to play 3 games worth of that content (If the developers content promises can be believed).

L95

Hm, so they're keeping with the hoshido class names. Samurai... I need to stop watching the Treehouse portion over and over looking for little things lol

you know, I wonder how many people not getting the special edition will still buy the other version digitally lol

also 8 days left!
until we have to wait 6+ months for the game :(

Top Bottom