• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Golnei

There's basically no point to Fates without facerubbing. The improvements the Nohr route seems to have over Awakening are nice enough, but if I can't pet my imouto; the game is pointless. At least they'll probably still let you marry Elise in the English version - taking that out (or saddling it with the 'Companions' tag) yet leaving Kamui and Zero's blasphemous barren union in the game would erase the last remnants of my faith on NoA.

Pokemon-Amie, presumably.

Draxal

both parts of this post are
, besides bow units will always have a ceiling of mid-high tier unless they actually have real 1-range

???

Facerubbing is pretty much 100% Pokemon amie, and you can feed them in that game.

There's basically no point to Fates without facerubbing. The improvements the Nohr route seems to have over Awakening are nice enough, but if I can't pet my imouto; the game is pointless. At least they'll probably still let you marry Elise in the English version - taking that out (or saddling it with the 'Companions' tag) yet leaving Kamui and Zero's blasphemous barren union in the game would erase the last remnants of my faith on NoA.

Pokemon-Amie, presumably.

No tags in this game, and you know you'd facerub Gunther all day and night.

best units in the game (top 11 Hoshido/top 10 Nohr):

Kamui (reclass to Cavalier or Dark Flier)
Camilla
Marx
Hinoka
Crimson
Silas
Felicia/Jakob (reclass to Strategist/Great Knight early)
Leon
Elise
Yuugiri
Subaki

vs

Ryoma
Aqua (dancer/10)
Kaze (probably goes Puppeteer too)
Takumi (Golden-kite Warrior is equal/better anyway)
Zero (goes Bow Knight at least part of the time)

and the last 3 are the among the worst of the best, while even Ryoma is held back by lack of access to a mounted sword-wielding class

"Mounted Emblem is dead"

PK Gaming

best units in the game (top 11 Hoshido/top 10 Nohr):

Kamui (reclass to Cavalier or Dark Flier)
Camilla
Marx
Hinoka
Crimson
Silas
Felicia/Jakob (reclass to Strategist/Great Knight early)
Leon
Elise
Yuugiri
Subaki

vs

Ryoma
Aqua (dancer/10)
Kaze (probably goes Puppeteer too)
Takumi (Golden-kite Warrior is equal/better anyway)
Zero (goes Bow Knight at least part of the time)

and the last 3 are the among the worst of the best, while even Ryoma is held back by lack of access to a mounted sword-wielding class

"Mounted Emblem is dead"

CTRL + F Kazahana

0 results

GARBAGE game, will not buy

CTRL + F Kazahana

0 results

GARBAGE game, will not buy

Has there ever been a great female swordmaster? There are a handful of good ones, several mediocre ones and a whole lot of trash.

FE12 Levin Sword!Linde is the best female swordmaster

edit: also, does anyone actually play the TCG instead of just collecting the cards to look at? the game's rules seem so busted lol

(I wonder who remembers this avatar?)

Draxal

Has there ever been a great female swordmaster? There are a handful of good ones, several mediocre ones and a whole lot of trash.

FE12 Levin Sword!Linde is the best female swordmaster

edit: also, does anyone actually play the TCG instead of just collecting the cards to look at? the game's rules seem so busted lol

I think some people play it in the states online. It's pretty much a clone of vanguard and that has a following in Japan and the states. It's actually getting a decent amount of play in Japan, looking at the aggregated tournament list that's on SF, and some cards are rising in price due to the value in the actual game alone (the Camilla SR).

As for Ryoma in your earlier post, he can buddy seal into paladin/great knight with silas, obviously useless in a normal run.

I think some people play it in the states online. It's pretty much a clone of vanguard and that has a following in Japan and the states. It's actually getting a decent amount of play in Japan, looking at the aggregated tournament list that's on SF, and some cards are rising in price due to the value in the actual game alone (the Camilla SR).

As for Ryoma in your earlier post, he can buddy seal into paladin/great knight with silas, obviously useless in a normal run.

I see a lot of decks posted in that one SF thread, I see no links to actual tournament results or matches or anything though.

They're taken from twitter tournament results. All the stores are posting tournament winner decks.

wouldn't it make sense to link to these results? wtf

That template is official, right? It's hilarious (they're encouraging fans to submit parody pictures).

Hey Aveyn Knight, which part of the site are you gonna update next?

Not sure yet. I still have of things to do before I've properly settled down. Fortunately I have Fire Emblem if now, so it should be easier to notice any weird mistakes I've made.

Like the Kunai debuff cooldown.

put any 5 waifus in the template, right?

That template is official, right? It's hilarious (they're encouraging fans to submit parody pictures).

Not sure yet. I still have of things to do before I've properly settled down. Fortunately I have Fire Emblem if now, so it should be easier to notice any weird mistakes I've made.

Like the Kunai debuff cooldown.

I thought you had the game from the start?

FRAUD!!!! :p

Oh right, something that I don't think I've seen anywhere regarding Fates:

How exactly does exp formula work in this game? Looking at the values you could tell me they just had a table for when your units have level advantage instead of a formula and I'd believe you, because it doesn't seem to follow a real pattern.

From snooping around various footage, I have (not 100% sure on the lower ones for normal):

Code:
Level Difference    Normal    Hard    Lunatic
-8                  4
-7                  6
-6                  9         4
-5                  12        7
-4                  16        12      9
-3                  20        17      13
-2                  23        22      19
-1                  26        26      25

So, we only know the first verse of Azura's song in English, right?

Also, with a Direct supposedly coming by the end of this year, I wonder when they're gonna announce it...

inb4 "please understand, we're busy doing NX stuff"

tauroxd

Also, with a Direct supposedly coming by the end of this year, I wonder when they're gonna announce it...

They need to say a concrete FE:F release date. I'm worried, because Project X Zone 2 is due on february, a spot that was probably taken by FE:F given how FE:A was released on February 4th, 2013, which means that they will move Fates to March or April, or, God forbid, May or June. ;_;

They need to say a concrete FE:F release date. I'm worried, because Project X Zone 2 is due on february, a spot that was probably taken by FE:F given how FE:A was released on February 4th, 2013, which means that they will move Fates to March or April, or, God forbid, May or June. ;_;

If thats the case, i might have to give this one a miss. Would love if they remastered the older titles and released them in pairs. Geneology and thracia and 6+7 would be amazing because the main issue is the gameplay but the story is stronger than the modern fire emblem games so would easily benefit as a rerelease.

maybe the fan favorite, "huh oh right, FE Fates is coming out in the west"

Vexingsruzz

Neo Member
Hey Guys,

I pre-ordered Fates through Amazon during the E3 promo and was automatically assigned the Birthright version recently. I emailed them about possibly changing it to Conquest and got this response:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I really understand your concern about this regard.

Unfortunately, we are unable to change the item to conquest version.

Since our system was created in such a way that it will automatically remove the promotional discount from your order if we make any changes. I'm very sorry to let you know about this and I hope you'll understand our limitations.

Not a huge deal, as I will purchase conquest digitally when it is available, but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else who may be in the same situation.

Hey Guys,

I pre-ordered Fates through Amazon during the E3 promo and was automatically assigned the Birthright version recently. I emailed them about possibly changing it to Conquest and got this response:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I really understand your concern about this regard.

Unfortunately, we are unable to change the item to conquest version.

Since our system was created in such a way that it will automatically remove the promotional discount from your order if we make any changes. I'm very sorry to let you know about this and I hope you'll understand our limitations.

Not a huge deal, as I will purchase conquest digitally when it is available, but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone else who may be in the same situation.

I know what excuse to pull out for the NPD threads if Birthright outsells Conquest!

Kappa

(....although, did US Amazon have it as one version at any point? I seem to recall them having it split at the very start)

L95

I know what excuse to pull out for the NPD threads if Birthright outsells Conquest!

Kappa

(....although, did US Amazon have it as one version at any point? I seem to recall them having it split at the very start)

I remember US Amazon having one listing when they first put it up, yeah.

I jokingly considered preordering it so I could complain to Amazon I wasn't getting both versions when they had one listing :p

lupinko

I have Fire Emblem if questions, and I was fortunate to find a Special Edition locally, anyway:

- Are Amiibo DLC characters instant? I want to start the game with them, but first I have to track them down. Haha

- Kinda related to the above, but are they saved to the cartridge save or to the SD card? Because while I have a n3DS, my main console is my LL at the moment.

I haven't downloaded the 3rd scenario dlc yet. I hope this game can pull me away from Pokemon. At the very least I have the cartridge in the LL, though I do have eshop Pokemon games on that same console.

Aizo

Banned
I blame one of you for my fire emblem cipher purchase yesterday. I was just walking along the street and saw a board game store, which is super uncommon where I live. They had cipher cards, and I thought "I need more bookmarks. Why not?"

I have Fire Emblem if questions, and I was fortunate to find a Special Edition locally, anyway:

- Are Amiibo DLC characters instant? I want to start the game with them, but first I have to track them down. Haha

- Kinda related to the above, but are they saved to the cartridge save or to the SD card? Because while I have a n3DS, my main console is my LL at the moment.

I haven't downloaded the 3rd scenario dlc yet. I hope this game can pull me away from Pokemon. At the very least I have the cartridge in the LL, though I do have eshop Pokemon games on that same console.

- you need to unlock my castle first, then battle them, so nope not instant
- pretty sure it's saved on cartridge. never checked them myself

i should continue my long abandoned lunatic 1st run on if... but i'm too lazy orz
i can sense that theprodigy will laugh hard at this post

- you need to unlock my castle first, then battle them, so nope not instant
- pretty sure it's saved on cartridge. never checked them myself

i should continue my long abandoned lunatic 1st run on if... but i'm too lazy orz
i can sense that theprodigy will laugh hard at this post

you called?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I blame one of you for my fire emblem cipher purchase yesterday. I was just walking along the street and saw a board game store, which is super uncommon where I live. They had cipher cards, and I thought "I need more bookmarks. Why not?"

I bought some too. :D

LhWAiBf.jpg

Top Bottom