• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Draxal

I don't mind the current one, but if I have to change it I'd change it

Lucina???

edit.

CThRvHUUsAAQfKa.png

Titania time.

Draxal

yes, that armor.

also, where's best girl Nephenee?

There's pics of her from the stream, but the high quality ones from the twitter haven't come out yet (they're doing them one a day).

edit.

See Aveyn's post. Anyway, I just noticed the Soren is a starter only card (they usually tend to give out 5 starter only cards per starter deck). This one will be probably have a foil and non foil variation, and he'll probably get two more cards (an unpromoted and a cost 4 or 5 R or UR card).

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Yay Awakening beaten again!

Just 18 people dead this time which is lower then my first time uhh... maybe? That final battle truly is a slaughter. Is it really meant ta be won sans deaths?

Only got like 2 marriages this time but thats better then the 0 my first time! Actually remembering to check out the support scenes helped out as did some grinding early on. Yet I still beat the game faster? Weirds.

Did anyone see if Fates got mentioned in the EU direct?

edit: oh 3rd route is called Revelation, k now we have proper names for all 3 routes

Weebos

Banned
So does the LE have Hoshido and Nohr on one cart and a download for Invisible?

Sort of tempted by the package, but I also wanted to go digital.

so many people posting about getting the special edition in that thread

almost none of them post here though

RIP this thread's participation rate

Wow comes out on my Birthday.

I'm glad we can get all three.

Now to wait for the freakout thread were they censor it

can't wait for 10217953254 "preorder canceled" posts

jzbluz

I haven't even finished Nohr or Hoshido (got a bit burned out/distracted by other games), but I'm preordering that SE just as soon as Canadian retailers put it up. Hopefully I get over my reluctance to continue the game with the English version.

I kinda wish IS would go back to how the previous games were in term of difficulty.

so many people posting about getting the special edition in that thread

almost none of them post here though

RIP this thread's participation rate

Particpants +1

I haven't even finished Nohr or Hoshido (got a bit burned out/distracted by other games), but I'm preordering that SE just as soon as Canadian retailers put it up. Hopefully I get over my reluctance to continue the game with the English version.

I kinda wish IS would go back to how the previous games were in term of difficulty.

Sooooo, back to being easy? :p
<--- Thinks Nohr is way harder than anything from FE7-10

-

Waiting for Canadian pre-orders too. Got one through US GameStop as a backup.

Define "previous games", none of the 3 routes are outliers in either direction compared to the rest of the series (assuming highest difficulty).
Particpants +1

Sooooo, back to being easy? :p
<--- Thinks Nohr is way harder than anything from FE7-10

-

Waiting for Canadian pre-orders too. Got one through US GameStop as a backup.
Hello there!

To be fair FE7-10 aren't all that hard :p

Scipio

The GBA hard modes were the shit though.

It's not really the difficulty that was lacking, it was the possibility + encouraging (due to the skills and kids) of endless grinding and the uncreative maps that made late game Awakening such a bore. The beginning was great though.

Is Nohr more like that? (linear, difficult maps etc.?) If so, I don't even care about all the fan service.

It's not really the difficulty that was lacking, it was the possibility + encouraging (due to the skills and kids) of endless grinding and the uncreative maps that made late game Awakening such a bore. The beginning was great though.

Is Nohr more like that? (linear, difficult maps etc.?) If so, I don't even care about all the fan service.

I've only got up to Chapter 10, the defence chapter and it feels like an older Fire Emblem game to me. Hopefully it stays that way XD

That said, I do like the grinding possibilities, which is what Birthright and Revelation are good for.

Draxal

I've only got up to Chapter 10, the defence chapter and it feels like an older Fire Emblem game to me. Hopefully it stays that way XD

That said, I do like the grinding possibilities, which is what Birthright and Revelation are good for.

Chapter 10 forced a couple of people to quit in the Import OT, as for griding there's always DLC if you're truly stuck.

Better pic of Neph.

CTr2C_XVAAAGlmS.png

speaking of DLC, in the direct, they did mention we'll get the first DLC free (the awakening one) and then 6 more afterwards, which assuming they aren't cutting anything out (which wouldn't make much sense due to numbers wise)

so I guess look forward to drapes everywhere beach cg!

guessing we'll get the other DLC, Anna, Witches and Ballisticians later

btw, Aveyn Knight, the DLC page for IF on your site is outdated now :p

L95

Chapter 10 messed me up lol.

Ah, Chapter 10 Nohr, the difficulty spike of legends. Barely made it out of that one on Lunatic. I might've dropped to Hard if Elise didn't dodge all the shuriken thrown at her on the very last turn. lol

• Difficulty-wise, I'd say Nohr is the hardest in the series. Even the simplest maps can throw you for a loop with some of the enemy formations and skill combinations on top of more aggressive AI.
  • There are some oppurtunities for XP grinding, but due to paralogues only scaling to the level of the chapter you beat and the next chapter usually being two levels greater than that, you'll at best be on-par through grinding. Not that it helps much.
  • Children, since you mentioned them, scale to the level of the paralogue you get them in. No more ridiculous stats and XP gains for a Lv 10/1 unit.
  • Re-classing does exist and grabbing skills is much quicker, but most characters don't have re-class options that make grabbing skills in other classes viable outside of proper grinding. It also costs gold which you don't get much of.
  • No, there is no way to reset your level for better XP gains. Yes, there is a way to raise the level cap, but it's only available near the very end of the game. It's also -really- expensive.
Basically, grinding helps as do children, but the enemy's main advantage is in having skill combos and formations designed specifically to kill you. Due to limited funds and grind oppurtunites, it's something you can't just brute force your way through.

Sölf

Ah, Chapter 10 Nohr, the difficulty spike of legends. Barely made it out of that one on Lunatic. I might've dropped to Hard if Elise didn't dodge all the shuriken thrown at her on the very last turn. lol

• Difficulty-wise, I'd say Nohr is the hardest in the series. Even the simplest maps can throw you for a loop with some of the enemy formations and skill combinations on top of more aggressive AI.
  • There are some oppurtunities for XP grinding, but due to paralogues only scaling to the level of the chapter you beat and the next chapter usually being two levels greater than that, you'll at best be on-par through grinding. Not that it helps much.
  • Children, since you mentioned them, scale to the level of the paralogue you get them in. No more ridiculous stats and XP gains for a Lv 10/1 unit.
  • Re-classing does exist and grabbing skills is much quicker, but most characters don't have re-class options that make grabbing skills in other classes viable outside of proper grinding. It also costs gold which you don't get much of.
  • No, there is no way to reset your level for better XP gains. Yes, there is a way to raise the level cap, but it's only available near the very end of the game. It's also -really- expensive.
Basically, grinding helps as do children, but the enemy's main advantage is in having skill combos and formations designed specifically to kill you. Due to limited funds and grind oppurtunites, it's something you can't just brute force your way through.

tumblr_m9dl74KxHN1roecnb.jpg

Top Bottom