• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Community Thread | Together We Ride

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
What was the reception for Fates? I felt like there was much more buzz for Awakening, but maybe that's because there wasn't the whole split versions issue.

I know each game has a separate campaign after Ch6 or so. How much content is in each game? Not only in terms of chapter count, but also unit count and class count. If each path had a similar amount of content to past games, I'm not sure how I'll ever get around to playing all 3.

Seda

I need to go back to Awakening to try out some of the DLCs, I did the one with Gangrel, Emmeryn, but I think that's it.

I'd have to refamiliarize my self with the game, my units and such though.

L95

What was the reception for Fates? I felt like there was much more buzz for Awakening, but maybe that's because there wasn't the whole split versions issue.

I know each game has a separate campaign after Ch6 or so. How much content is in each game? Not only in terms of chapter count, but also unit count and class count. If each path had a similar amount of content to past games, I'm not sure how I'll ever get around to playing all 3.

There are 22 sidequest missions total, it's kinda complicated explaining which ones go with some routes, as some sidequests are route exclusive and some not. (This is why they don't have numbers ingame, I imagine.)

Each version has 22 main chapters (+6 the six shared ones, so one route is 28 main chapters generally), no version has the same chapters, aside from the first six. (there are a small handfull of reused maps, but aside from the map itself, it plays wildly different, with completely different enemies and enemy placement and the player's starting position is different.)

Conquest and Birthright have almost completely different rosters

Doing a quick count of SF's characters list there are 28 ish characters exclusive to Conquest, and 28ish to Birthright. + another 7 that are in both routes.

The third route also has 22 new chapters, but it combines the rosters of the other routes. (...mostly, but I can't explain due to spoilers)

(Apologies in advanced if my numbers are off)

I feel like part of the reason Awakening had a lot of buzz around it was due to FE12 not being localized and people being freaked out FE:A was not coming to the west.

Draxal

There are 22 sidequest missions total, it's kinda complicated explaining which ones go with some routes, as some sidequests are route exclusive and some not. (This is why they don't have numbers ingame, I imagine.)

Each version has 22 chapters (+6 the six shared ones, so one route is 28 chapters generally), no version has the same chapters. (there are a small handfull of reused maps, but aside from the map itself, it plays wildly different, with completely different enemies and enemy placement and the player's starting position is different.)

Conquest and Birthright have almost completely different rosters (there are a handfull of shared characters, I wanna say... four?)

Doing a quick count of SF's characters list there are 28 ish characters exclusive to Conquest, and 28ish to Birthright. + another 7 that are in both routes.

The third route also has 22 new chapters, but it combines the rosters of the other routes.

Oops you edited.

Awakening had alot of buzz after the massive disapointment that was SD (and while people liked new mystery it was still pretty ugly).

Draxal

I kinda ramble when I write long things, then it leads to me editing a lot, sorry lol

It's all good.

Anyway, I think Hoshido has two exclusives that aren't in Revelations while Nohr has none, and there's 13 shared between Hoshido and Nohr (I think you forgot to include the kids in your count).

Weebos

Banned
There is also My Castle to think about if we're talking about content in each game.

That feature looks pretty beefy for those interested in it.

Not to mention online PVP.

L95

It's all good.

Anyway, I think Hoshido has two exclusives that aren't in Revelations while Nohr has none, and there's 13 shared between Hoshido and Nohr (I think you forgot to include the kids in your count).

Oh, I did forget the nonexclusive kids >.<

But yeah, I love the my castle feature, it's really fun. I just like placing buildings ehe.

Draxal

There is also My Castle to think about if we're talking about content in each game.

That feature looks pretty beefy for those interested in it.

Not to mention online PVP.

The streetpass/online is much stronger in this game compared to awakening.

don't forget that revelations has one exclusive character lol

That too, and that's not including the capturables (oh man that's going to be confusing to explain).

L95

I love being able to capture bosses and generics, it's great. (Especially since quite a few of them are pretty cool looking.)

Lunar15

The multiple versions have really turned me off from this game. If I read enough glowing stuff about Nohr, I might check it out, but other than that I just feel so uncharacteristically ambivalent about this game.

Draxal

The multiple versions have really turned me off from this game. If I read enough glowing stuff about Nohr, I might check it out, but other than that I just feel so uncharacteristically ambivalent about this game.

The glowing stuff was gameplay only for Nohr, from what I've read about the story it's really bad.

The game is better than Florida's offense last week!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

Each version has 22 main chapters (+6 the six shared ones, so one route is 28 main chapters generally), no version has the same chapters, aside from the first six. (there are a small handfull of reused maps, but aside from the map itself, it plays wildly different, with completely different enemies and enemy placement and the player's starting position is different.)

Conquest and Birthright have almost completely different rosters

The third route also has 22 new chapters, but it combines the rosters of the other routes. (...mostly, but I can't explain due to spoilers)

I feel like part of the reason Awakening had a lot of buzz around it was due to FE12 not being localized and people being freaked out FE:A was not coming to the west.
Thanks for the great post. Can't wait for February.

I feel I'd be better off training Mozume (Lv. 1 Villager) in Ch. 25 Nohr than continuing to use Odin (Lv. 13 Sorcerer). I mean, I already managed to train Charlotte from Lv. 10 Fighter to Lv. 2 Berserker in one paralogue...>.>

b-b-b-but manservice

maybe we'll get some balance adjustments for Revelations
so half the cast isn't useless upon joining

Yep, totally expecting a re-balance.

Seriously, if no one else, Odin plz.

lupinko

I was able to find amiibo Lucina locally, they restocked, so I have all four now until Roy.

I need to get those hori display cases soon.

I also need a Samus restock and then I'll buy her in addition to ZS. Okay that last part is for the amiibo thread.

P.S. I hate amiibos, because it's like cocaine.

Shun

Title suggestion for #FE? If not I guess I'll try to think of something like for if... help pls

A funny title but one that won't really deter people from them game would be appreciated. I'd try to avoid something like SMT x FE since I don't want the thread full of, this is not what I asked for bullshit or this game is gonna suck in comparison to x game.

If not, I'll go bathe in my Fire Emblem iDOLM@STER heaven and have Tsucchan and Shicchan host akushukai events with Kiria and Sallya. Let fans meet them and give handshakes and nspire all the fans in game. #FE is so good, Fire Emblem idols my heart still can't take it. &#8317;&#8317;&#1641;(&#3665;&#707;&#822;&#840;&#768; &#5608; &#706;&#822;&#840;&#769;)&#1782;&#8318;&#8318; &#4314;(´&#1697;`&#4314;)

I will laugh if the game does have AKB style akushukai as an in game feature tho. That and model viewer for in game lives. ahhhhh (*´&#65091;&#65344;*)

Draxal

CUFKjutUkAAywep.png

IK is all about combining certain white and black cards together, including Silas/Cyrus.

Title suggestion for #FE? If not I guess I'll try to think of something like for if... help pls

A funny title but one that won't really deter people from them game would be appreciated. I'd try to avoid something like SMT x FE since I don't want the thread full of, this is not what I asked for bullshit or this game is gonna suck in comparison to x game.

If not, I'll go bathe in my Fire Emblem iDOLM@STER heaven and have Tsucchan and Shicchan host akushukai events with Kiria and Sallya. Let fans meet them and give handshakes and nspire all the fans in game. #FE is so good, Fire Emblem idols my heart still can't take it. &#8317;&#8317;&#1641;(&#3665;&#707;&#822;&#840;&#768; &#5608; &#706;&#822;&#840;&#769;)&#1782;&#8318;&#8318; &#4314;(´&#1697;`&#4314;)

I will laugh if the game does have AKB style akushukai as an in game feature tho. That and model viewer for in game lives. ahhhhh (*´&#65091;&#65344;*)

Performa of course.

Shun

&#24187;&#24433;&#30064;&#32862;&#37682;&#65283;F&#65317;/ Genei Ibunroku #FE Import | Fire Emblem's new spinoff Performa

Tsucchan and Shicchan Aims To Be #1 Idol! or feat. Tiki Your Favorite Vocaloid.

Will try to keep it as objective as possible and refrain from making too many idol jokes.

This is really random, but since that mk2 review site has been bought up a bunch on GAF in regards to Xenoblade Chronicles (that 90 seems to be the highest score on the site period, including the PS/Xbox sections!) vs Xenoblade Chronicles X, I decided, why not see how they rate the Fire Emblem games?

A
Binding Blade (78)
Blazing Sword (78)
Radiant Dawn (75)
New Mystery of the Emblem (75)

B
Path of Radiance (73)
Awakening (69) (would've been C if they used the Wii/Wii U scale that has B at 70+!)

C
Sacred Stones (65)
Shadow Dragon (60)

D
Fates (58) (not sure why it's so low? granted it has 20 reviews, lower than the others)

this is...surprisingly good, aside from FE6/7/14

oh and Melee>Brawl

Weebos

Banned
This is really random, but since that mk2 review site has been bought up a bunch on GAF in regards to Xenoblade Chronicles (that 90 seems to be the highest score on the site period, including the PS/Xbox sections!) vs Xenoblade Chronicles X, I decided, why not see how they rate the Fire Emblem games?

A
Binding Blade (78)
Blazing Sword (78)
Radiant Dawn (75)
New Mystery of the Emblem (75)

B
Path of Radiance (73)
Awakening (69) (would've been C if they used the Wii/Wii U scale that has B at 70+!)

C
Sacred Stones (65)
Shadow Dragon (60)

D
Fates (58) (not sure why it's so low? granted it has 20 reviews, lower than the others)

this is...surprisingly good, aside from FE6/7/14

oh and Melee>Brawl

What is this website, exactly?

Just another review site or is it some aggregate?

Draxal

tempting for one starter pack

or I'll just wait for the guidebook again so I can look at the pretty art

Just got the guidebook for set 2 today (wow EMS is allllot faster than Sal, I ordered sleeves 2 weeks before that and they both came in the same day).

Fujoshi time.

CUKNRjoUAAA6UC4.png:large

Guess she's all aboard the Siegbert/Shinonome train.

What is this website, exactly?

Just another review site or is it some aggregate?

Just a user review site.

also this Corrin creator thing is great, you can create whatever you want now so you don't spend 30 minutes ingame
inb4 they change a bunch of options

lazy and quick one I made:

XKfYOsp.png

oh and fun fact: there are 393120 female options and 65520 male options (for comparison, there's 1500 per gender for Robin)

PK Gaming

Totally random tangent:

It would be so cool if F!Corrin ended up being the default FE fates protag like M!Robin

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllll

It would be so cool if F!Corrin ended up being the default FE fates protag like M!Robin

F!Corrin for Smash, plz.

&#24187;&#24433;&#30064;&#32862;&#37682;&#65283;F&#65317;/ Genei Ibunroku #FE Import | Fire Emblem's new spinoff Performa

Tsucchan and Shicchan Aims To Be #1 Idol! or feat. Tiki Your Favorite Vocaloid.

Will try to keep it as objective as possible and refrain from making too many idol jokes.

Singaloid! She's a Singaloid! Are you trying to get Nintendo sued!? lol

Personal suggestion: Osu! Tatakae! Performa!

Draxal

Male Robin is only the default Robin for smash and since there is a fem Robin in game. Both versions of Robin exist in Cipher, but the male only exists as a promo.

Top Bottom