• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

So, +def/-atk Inigo, or +res/-atk Inigo?
Which one should I keep and build?

Probably +Res to better stand up to Blade tomes as well? In my experience his neutral def and hp is enough to stand up to almost every archer not running CA. Maybe wait for other responses first though.

Golnei

For some reason, I don't believe this. Like at all.

I don't think she's unpopular specifically, but she does seem to be more of a breakout face of Awakening outside Japan, possibly due to way in which she came to represent her archetype to a new audience with the 'thousand-year old dragon' thing, which wouldn't really be an issue for established series fans; and for which she wouldn't have novelty in her favour to distinguish her.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I sometimes use A.Tiki as a bow/physical wall, too. I threw Def +3 on her instead of Steady Breath, and buff her with Fortify Dragons for extremely high total defense.

Shito

Probably +Res to better stand up to Blade tomes as well? In my experience his neutral def and hp is enough to stand up to almost every archer not running CA. Maybe wait for other responses first though.
Yeah I was leaning for that, probably going for bowbreaker so the little bump in res will help against mages I guess... thank you! :)

So I have the following:

5* Lilina with neutral atk
4* Lilina with +atk
4* Tharja

I have 20k feathers to spend. Do I:

1) Promote the 4* Lilina and merge, then give her Rauorblade from Tharja. I'll have a 5*+1 +atk Lilina with regular Rauorblade.
2) Promote the Tharja and give Lilina Rauorblade+. I keep the 4* Lilina.

The 4mt difference between the + weapons is equal to the +4 atk I'd get from the merge and atk boon.

I'm leaning towards #1, because I could always go back to Bolganone+ if she won't get buffs, and I have no real need for the 4*.

kewlmyc

I don't think she's unpopular specifically, but she does seem to be more of a breakout face of Awakening outside Japan, possibly due to way in which she came to represent her archetype to a new audience with the 'thousand-year old dragon' thing, which wouldn't really be an issue for established series fans; and for which she wouldn't have novelty in her favour to distinguish her.

Guess that makes sense. She doesn't really stand out from the 3 other dragon girls that came before her and are almost exactly the same.

jnWake

So, +def/-atk Inigo, or +res/-atk Inigo?
Which one should I keep and build?

Some calcs that may help:

+def/-atk Inigo tanks fully buffed BLyn with QP/Death Blow/Moonbow whether she's using Brave Bow or Mulagir. No Cancel Affinity of course.

+res/-atk doesn't tank Mulagir but tanks Brave Bow. However, he tanks Mulagir with HP+3 seal.

Both tank Reinhardt.

(All of this assuming Gronnraven and TA on Inigo ofc)

I'd probably go with +def but it's good either way.

HoodWinked

So I have the following:

5* Lilina with neutral atk
4* Lilina with +atk
4* Tharja

I have 20k feathers to spend. Do I:

1) Promote the 4* Lilina and merge, then give her Rauorblade from Tharja. I'll have a 5*+1 +atk Lilina with regular Rauorblade.
2) Promote the Tharja and give Lilina Rauorblade+. I keep the 4* Lilina.

The 4mt difference between the + weapons is equal to the +4 atk I'd get from the merge and atk boon.

I'm leaning towards #1, because I could always go back to Bolganone+ if she won't get buffs, and I have no real need for the 4*.

Lilina is optimally built with a raven tome with triangle adept since her speed sucks.

Blade tomes are ideally for mages with high speed since if you attack twice you're utilizing stat buffs twice.

Firemind

Lilina is optimally built with a raven tome with triangle adept since her speed sucks.

Blade tomes are stronger on mages with high speed since if you attack twice you're essentially doubling that damage.
Not true since Cecilia has crap speed too.

A +atk Lilina has 40 atk. That's 7 more than a neutral Nino. Add Death Blow 3 and she reaches 59 attack on initiation. That's without buffs. I'm pretty sure she can nuke most if not all greens.

HoodWinked

Not true since Cecilia has crap speed too.

A +atk Lilina has 40 atk. That's 7 more than a neutral Nino. Add Death Blow 3 and she reaches 59 attack on initiation. That's without buffs. I'm pretty sure she can nuke most if not all greens.

cecilia is different since there are horse buffs but even then cecilia best build is actually raven tome with bow breaker allowing her to solo a brave lyn and reinhardt solo.

7aAKWNK.jpg

Firemind

cecilia is different since there are horse buffs but even then cecilia best build is actually raven tome with bow breaker allowing her to solo a brave lyn and reinhardt solo.
Cecilia can counter QP Rein without raven with a simple fortify buff.

There are no best builds. It depends entirely on your team, your playing style, their team, map and map's conditions. People have to realize TA builds are double-edged swords. They perfectly counter certain units, but they can also get retaliated back twice as hard. On certain maps, especially on GHB maps, they can stifle your options as resistance can be so overwhelming that you need to take an attack from an undefended position once in a while. They can also allow other options to open up of course. Personally, I don't like to be limited in my ability to attack, since you don't always know how the AI will behave so you can't plan too far ahead (see Valter GHB).

I actually do have a raven tome on Liliana (must've ate a Henry a long time ago) but I don't have TA fodder at the moment so I think I'll just do the promote/merge option.

Did another pull on the dancer banner after getting my pity rate broken and got Inigo, so I'm done with that banner. +spd -hp though; still gets doubled by BLyn.

Sushen

I need so many death blow and Klein is no where to be found. 20k a pop is way too expensive even in the era of abundant feathers.

I need so many death blow and Klein is no where to be found. 20k a pop is way too expensive even in the era of abundant feathers.

Indeed. Only reason I ditched my Klein (who I promoted blindly wanting a 5* archer) as above was because he was -atk and it was really beginning to show. After a 3* Subaki and one of my extra 4* Effies, he handed over DB3 and QR3. Pretty good deal.

Wouldn't complain about getting another.

Blade tomes are ideally for mages with high speed since if you attack twice you're utilizing stat buffs twice.

No, Lilina's not really great with Raven because of her physical frailty. Blade tome is much better on her, and she can can run Swordbreaker to double Sword Heroes.

EDIT: Actually R Tomebreaker is probably better, because a lot of Sword Heroes get OHKO'd anyway.

jnWake

Yeah, Lilina's good with Blade, with her Atk she can reach pretty high numbers even if she's unlikely to double.

Watersweep Lilina.

That Camilla Warriors lvl 35 map really is hilarious for leveling up. Just parked Adult Tiki here with Sol healing her every once in a while and the SP racks up like a jackpot. No need to move her for anything.

I'm at 89,300 points in Tempest Trials, and I'm not even in the top 50K anymore. Didn't do any grinding after today's first three attempts. I'll be slightly below 94,000 points when the new day arrives.

Totally exhausted from Trials, but I'll push myself to get those last 4 Orbs. No point in stopping when I'm so close.

ggx2ac

I'm at 89,300 points in Tempest Trials, and I'm not even in the top 50K anymore. Didn't do any grinding after today's first three attempts. I'll be slightly below 94,000 points when the new day arrives.

Totally exhausted from Trials, but I'll push myself to get those last 4 Orbs. No point in stopping when I'm so close.

If you did your Tempest Trial runs using auto-battle, you would have been fine. Just doing the 5-battles per run was enough for me to maintain my rank in the top 1000 and I am not burnt out at all despite getting 176k points.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If you did your Tempest Trial runs using auto-battle, you would have been fine. Just doing the 5-battles per run was enough for me to maintain my rank in the top 1000 and I am not burnt out at all despite getting 176k points.
I don't think he has the app open as much as you.

IronLich

DLcbZAIX4AEcnti.jpg

I'm just happy enough to get the darned thing. That sure is a motivating factor to check in with the game every day for the past 2 weeks. Getting your hands on this bad boy.

Sushen

Hmm.. it definitely takes more than 5 battles a day to maintain my rank to get 8k feathers. I'll probably use stamina potions to ensure my rank today. It's pretty annoying at this point (I enjoyed it up to a week point) and I can't wait it's over.

Zafir

I'm glad I don't even care about ranking. I autobattled to get the units/seals and am happy enough with those.

Grinding TT gets boring real fast IMO.

Mupod

This TT is definitely tougher to rank in than the last 'full' one. I was easily in the top 5000 at the end with only 140k. This time I'm expecting you'll need 150-160 to be safe.

And yeah, the only reason I even bother is that I'm gaining HM and autobattling. Plus right now I just switched my summoner support back to Hector, so he needs some grinding too.

ggx2ac

Hmm.. it definitely takes more than 5 battles a day to maintain my rank to get 8k feathers. I'll probably use stamina potions to ensure my rank today. It's pretty annoying at this point (I enjoyed it up to a week point) and I can't wait it's over.

No, I said 5-battles per run, referring to the tempest trial runs that have level 35 or level 30 characters.

Going back to what I was suggesting to the other guy, say you were getting 480 points on average which would be closer to the level 35 5-battle runs, you'd have to do 200 runs (ignoring 3x bonus points) to get to 96k points.

So assuming Tempest Trials was running for 14 days, you'd have to do roughly 14 runs per day (using up 280 stamina).

Of course doing the 7-battle level 40 TT runs with your 3x bonus points manually would obviously help you a lot giving you about 4000 points per day to reduce the amount of stamina you'd need.

I'm glad I don't even care about ranking. I autobattled to get the units/seals and am happy enough with those.

Grinding TT gets boring real fast IMO.

That's why having auto-battle do the grinding for you makes it a breeze.

Tripon

111k in points and 13k in rank. Think I'm done with tempest. If I grind to 120k in points, I might get to under 10k in rank, but I'm not feeling it right now.

How reliable is auto battle anyways?

About as smart as enemy AI, so good, but can be hit and miss.

Be sure to remove staves from healers (and maybe attacks from dancers/singers), possibly remove some re-position skills like Draw Back. Just so they don't waste time.

It also helps if you field reasonably bulky units, like Xander. Squishy units are at risk of getting ganged up on.

Sometimes, very rarely, you can get stuck in narrow corridors though, like when of your ranged units block the way and nobody can retreat out of the way. So don't look away for too long : P

How reliable is auto battle anyways?

Depends on the difficultly you choose, but I've got >95% success on Hard (30) with Ike+Soren+Healer (weapon unequipped)+Blue lance this time.

I assume it's much less reliable if you go for harder difficulties.

Be sure to remove staves from healers (and maybe attacks from dancers/singers), possibly remove some re-position skills like Draw Back. Just so they don't waste time.
All solid advice.

Sciel

Took the opportunity to level my Sanaki (got her early on when i started the game) to level 40.

She apparently is +Def/-Hp orz.

About as smart as enemy AI, so good, but can be hit and miss.

It also helps if you field reasonably bulky units, like Xander. Squishy units are at risk of getting ganged up on.

Sometimes, very rarely, you can get stuck in narrow corridors though, like when of your ranged units block the way and nobody can retreat out of the way. So don't look away for too long : P

So teams with a specific play style like desperation Nino wouldn't work with auto battle right?

autobattle is great.

Till you have 1 melee unit vs 1 ranged unit circling around an obstacle and the ranged unit can't kill him.

Then autobattle just gets stuck in an endless loop till you realize it.

Zafir

autobattle is great.

Till you have 1 melee unit vs 1 ranged unit circling around an obstacle and the ranged unit can't kill him.

Then autobattle just gets stuck in an endless loop till you realize it.

Yeah, I had a autobattle get stuck the other day, came back to it being on turn 88 or something stupid.

First time I've ever got an E for speed in TT, lol.

Top Bottom