• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

Also as I've pointed out a while ago, there must have been a reason for them to make a skill filter.

BcEf7Ob.png

How big can the skill list get?

Achtius

Yeah, like most the setups I could think of great inherits were Taco-proofing fliers or Distant Counter memes. Wary Fighter / Vantage to shore up the bruiser or glass cannon types. I'm going to assume you actually can't have heal, Dance, and a Rally on the same character just due to how will the game handle which you're using (unless it tries to process all three at once, anyway) I forgot these were all the Assist category, oops.

And you probably can't have, say, Swordbreaker on Hector. I ... I hope.

I am going to Svalinn Shield my flier team.
I actually have 3 Sheena

Totakeke

Also, the lunatic tier characters in the training tower have random skills, but the skillsets always seemed plausible to me.

They probably already categorized the skills that can used by each unit type. How they are going to convey that information in game, I have no idea.

ggx2ac

Also as I've pointed out a while ago, there must have been a reason for them to make a skill filter.

How big can the skill list get?

If I can change anything, I would have Seliph get Wary Fighter, Quick Riposte (Unless it's prevented by Wary Fighter, then I take Brash Assault), Defiant Defense, Reconcile and Miracle.

scy

I am going to Svalinn Shield my flier team.
I actually have 3 Sheena

I'm glad I kept a lot of my dupes for now; time for an actual flying army
if I had a single Sheena

Also, the lunatic tier characters in the training tower have random skills, but the skillsets always seemed plausible to me.

I think that's why the actual worry on the potential combinations.

Durden77

Check his skills. Close Counter is a skill that need to be unlocked on him.

as for the +/- on characters. That's character nature or IV. usually each unit will have a + stat and a - stat to set them apart.

The stat total for a character is fixed, but the distribution is different - it's either even, with one stat raised and one lowered, or two raised and two lowered. I think every possible arrangement is possible for each character, though ones gained from events may have a balanced distribution; so if that's the case, it wouldn't be possible to get variants of those - though I'm not sure.

Ahhhh ok thanks. How that applies to each character, I'll have to figure out as I go I suppose.

For instance, my only 5*, Azura, has...

HP - 29
ATK - 37
SPD - 27
DEF - 18
RES - 26

Is that a "good" version of here? I'm guessing her lowered stat is DEF and her raised one is ATK?

Also, the featured Tiki in the banner I've heard is good? I just realized I had her lol.

Totakeke

I'm glad I kept a lot of my dupes for now; time for an actual flying army
if I had a single Sheena

I think that's why the actual worry on the potential combinations.

I mean, we'll see Takumi and Hector spreading their seeds everywhere, but we probably won't see anyone but clerics using healing skills and Mirage.

Saturday

Today, in Arena:

"I never noticed, but why does this guy Kiran have a billion alt accounts?"

"Hold on a fucking second"

Anyway, Female Robin quest was pretty fun with Galeforce Lyn & Olivia. Speaking of which, now that I know skill inheritance is gonna be a thing, I'm gonna try and think up some builds centered solely around Galeforce (and hopefully pick up a replacement Lyn from Choose Your Heroes, whenever that comes out.) They cut ya down galeforce, but I'm gonna make you great again bruh

Sterok

Bowbreaker Male Robin would utterly neutralize Takumi. Might have to go for that, since Robin not being able to one round Takumi has caused me a lot of pain thus far.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Oh ouch, you have the worst IV combination

-Spd/+Def

Wait what? All Annas are neutral right now aren't they?

Looks like skill inheritance is on its way mid March (Twitter)
What does that even mean? Have they said any more than that?

Beat Lunatic 9-5 on first try.. that was easier than I expected.. thought I would need a Light's Blessing for this lol
I'm trying to get through Lunatic 9-5 myself and having trouble.... so any explanation of what you did?

MegaPanda

Ehh. Inheritance might be enough to keep the gatcha grind going but it's going to be limited by orbs. Still doesn't solve the issue I have where I use my 3 swords in the morning and then basically do nothing else with my actual stamina.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
There is really no way to know how the skill transfer will work. I assume you will be only able to transfer one skill at a time though, and the skill is going to have to be unlocked on the base unit though. I wonder if you can transfer weapons at all.

Seik

Banned
Welp, my 6 5* are lvl 40...did a pull and got nothing...

Decided to level up my 2* Olivia to 4* with a bunch of crystals I never used, will lvl her up tomorrow.

Moonlight

Banned
Awakening Anna is still the best. Heroes Anna is a solid second placer, though. Take it from an expert in this field.

Skill inheritance seems really interesting. It's not everything the game needs to be viable, but at the very least it's a great way to keep you invested in building up your team. If they launch it with a more consistent way of farming feathers, or at least require more badges than feathers for the fusion, it'll go a long way to making grinding the training tower feel worthwhile again.
in b4 it costs 10k feathers to pass on skills and they still don't have a consistent method of getting them

More than anything I'm excited to stick Vantage on Lyn. It's the last synergy she needs to be effective and it's been missing from her kit. She's supposed to be a major damage carry once you hit below 50% but it's more trouble than it's worth to both satisfy that condition and keep her safe during the enemy turn given her underwhelming bulk. Vantage should let her not only assassinate targets but take a hit and transform into a monster on enemy phase. Maybe not ideal for taking on the Effies of the world, but still pretty great. If nothing else, she'll finally have a solid niche rather than being a slightly worse Ryoma.

Also thinking of how it could benefit Anna. I thought about anything to help her out in a world of Ryoma and Lucina, but think the old rule of stay out of their way applies either way. Maybe give her Luna instead of Astra for the superior up-time. Death Blow to give her reach against bulkier blues? Hmm.

champloo

I'm trying to get through Lunatic 9-5 myself and having trouble.... so any explanation of what you did?

You definitely want to take Xander out in first two turns. He just covers too much space, once he gets to the center he can basically reach anyone. so I believe a strong blue unit is the key here. (I used Effie)

- 1st turn: I parked my Effie just in Xander's range.
- 2nd turn: Effie took Xander out the next turn after he crashed into her. Then I had Selena reposition Effie so that she stay out of range of Veronica. also moved Hector in range of Veronica to absorb a hit and deal some counter damage. (I don't think Hector is optimal here, any good ranged unit could work)
- 3rd turn: Selena and Hector killed Veronica together.
The rest was pretty trivial although I lost two units in the process.. Only Selena and Effie managed to survive lol

Hope this can be helpful to you. and some team composition may just suck on this map. I had a lot more trouble with Ursula's stage where I had to use a Light's Blessing..

Sushen

While I will take more proven red sword users, 5* Fir isn't as terrible as I initially thought. At least better than my 4* Corrin and Cain. Her speed is excellent where it's 27 at level 24.

I still miss 5* Marth I had before accidentally erasing my save data, though.

I'm really excited about skill inheritance. Was wondering when they would add it.

I actually have a few ideas from the text dump.

Firstly, there will be limits to inheritance. Some skills can't be inherited due to weapon or movement type restrictions. Can't think of any examples though.

Another is that some skills can't be inherited since they're exclusive skills. I'm assuming stuff like Takumi's Close Counter or Sheena's Svalinn Shield won't be leaving them.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they just let us go completely wild...

ggx2ac

I always get concerned at the beginning of the week that my defense team won't win. Then near the end of the week I find that my team wins at least 3 times which has happened just now.

Gotchaye

Skill inheritance is interesting. Presumably there are skills you can't inherit, like Dance (because Dancers pay a stat penalty to have it), and obviously it'd just be silly if off-color heroes could get -breaker skills.

One assumes that every hero will have access to almost every A-type skill. Almost all of these are stat boosts, either small passive stat boosts (that add to rating) or larger conditional boosts on either attacking or falling below half HP. Close/Distant Counter and Svalinn Shield are the only really weird ones, but current characters don't pay a stat penalty for these (which is weird because the weapons that enable Distant Counter have lower Mt). Triangle Adept and then two big stat boosts with drawbacks (Life and Death, and Fury) round out the list.

B-type skills have a lot going on. All the -breakers are here as well as all the Seal skills and those that have to do with movement. Particularly interesting skills include Desperation, Quick Riposte, Renewal, Vantage, and Wary Fighter.

C-types are almost exclusively aoe effects: Spur, Threaten, Hone. Also Breath of Life and Savage Blow.

The Cs are not very interesting. Mostly you just aim to complement a team. But the As and Bs present opportunities for powerful synergies, especially taking weapons into account. You could do some ridiculous things with Vantage + Close Counter. Fury + Renewal is a massive +12 stat boost (that is included in rating) without much drawback. Actually, if it's available Fury might be one of the most powerful choices; the existing characters with it aren't very impressive only because they're actually balanced around having the extra stats - they don't actually have +12 stats relative to similar characters. Wary Fighter is a gamechanger for any really slow hero.

And then of course everyone is going to want to take the fastest specials possible. I could see Moonbow being really popular. Definitely everyone with +% damage skills is going to want to change those as soon as possible. Miracle is also really interesting and the damage reduction ones might be good sometimes too.

Also everyone having access to buffs makes Nino-types a lot better.

The wait for Ike is so long......... Feel a little bit restrained with only my first roll characters and the others I got from special maps

ggx2ac

Actually, if it's available Fury might be one of the most powerful choices; the existing characters with it aren't very impressive only because they're actually balanced around having the extra stats - they don't actually have +12 stats relative to similar characters. Wary Fighter is a gamechanger for any really slow hero.

And then of course everyone is going to want to take the fastest specials possible. I could see Moonbow being really popular. Definitely everyone with +% damage skills is going to want to change those as soon as possible. Miracle is also really interesting and the damage reduction ones might be good sometimes too.

I could put Fury on Fae since she already has Renewal level 3. She would end up with 187 rating.

Annoyingly if current skills can't be replaced, I won't be able to give Seliph Wary Fighter. Have to give him some C skill like Threaten Atk or something. Actually, threaten Spd would be better for him.

chrono01

So, something has been bothering me. You know those Sword/Axe/etc. special maps we're supposed to have until the 26th? Where exactly are they? I've checked every area in-game and I can't see any mention of them. Unless I'm missing something?

ggx2ac

So, something has been bothering me. You know those Sword/Axe/etc. special maps we're supposed to have until the 26th? Where exactly are they? I've checked every area in-game and I can't see any mention of them. Unless I'm missing something?

The Fountain, where you get your quests at 'Home'.

Caim

There are special missions at the fountain for each weapon if you're talking about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom