• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is it weird to prefer 4* Beruka over 5* Camilla? I found Beruka more reliable and fairs well against armored units whereas Camilla struggles to stay alive.

I guess, I'm playing her wrong??
I don't think it's weird. I used to really like Camilla until I found myself using her less and less because she's so fragile, plus she doesn't hard counter some blues that I want her to counter. For example, Effie straight up kills Camilla, despite weapon disadvantage. She eventually spent most fights floating out of range until it was safe to go in, except oftentimes it never becomes safe to go in.

I eventually swapped her out. It's too bad, really.

My team Eirika, Sharena, Hector, Linde all +0

Opposing Team

Eirika +5, Nino +5, Hector +3, Ephraim +7

If that isnt a good matchmaking I dont know what it is. Thank you for ruining my arena runs IS.
Christ, how much money did that guy spend?

Mupod

Is it weird to prefer 4* Beruka over 5* Camilla? I found Beruka more reliable and fairs well against armored units whereas Camilla struggles to stay alive.

I guess, I'm playing her wrong??

I had a similar realization when using a 3* Narcian in place of 4* Camilla this week. Her 5 atk weapon exacerbates her problems against armor even further, and mine is -spd on top of that.

Narcian may not be amazing but when I need a blue to die, he makes it dead. He still spends most of the time flying around distracting the braindead AI.

Danj

Any tips for the Hard difficulty Robin map? No matter who I get to step out first, they get instakilled by the mages.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Any tips for the Hard difficulty Robin map? No matter who I get to step out first, they get instakilled by the mages.

Put someone with high Res? Fir, Florina, or Felicia might work there. Problem is they might get taken out by the physical units instead.

It's the first time now I can't really find anything to do unless I spend more money on the game.

I've done a lot, and I have over a hundred great badges of each colour but I don't care about farming them. I'd rather farm feathers if it were possible.

Wow... that's impressive. How long did that take?

Just level my 4* team to 40

Corrin F
Sharena
Olivia
A green mounted mage with escape route who I forgot the name

Now wondering if any of the 3* is worth 2000 feather

Clarine
Robin F
Anna
Niles
A blue mage girl who I forgot the name

The green mounted mage is Cecilia.

You definitely want to take Xander out in first two turns. He just covers too much space, once he gets to the center he can basically reach anyone. so I believe a strong blue unit is the key here. (I used Effie)

- 1st turn: I parked my Effie just in Xander's range.
- 2nd turn: Effie took Xander out the next turn after he crashed into her. Then I had Selena reposition Effie so that she stay out of range of Veronica. also moved Hector in range of Veronica to absorb a hit and deal some counter damage. (I don't think Hector is optimal here, any good ranged unit could work)
- 3rd turn: Selena and Hector killed Veronica together.
The rest was pretty trivial although I lost two units in the process.. Only Selena and Effie managed to survive lol

Hope this can be helpful to you. and some team composition may just suck on this map. I had a lot more trouble with Ursula's stage where I had to use a Light's Blessing..

Oh, I was able to beat Ursula's stage just fine. I guess it is all about team composition :).

Hm ok, I unfortunately don't have those characters, but I'll see if there's something I can do to take out Xander quick. I don't mind using a Light's Blessing or 2.

mikemandey

Yoshh..

AsFcNT8.jpg

First time I managed to get more than 4,5k

Danj

You need people with high Resistance to survive the first turn of combat. I used Camilla and Kagero.

Put someone with high Res? Fir, Florina, or Felicia might work there. Problem is they might get taken out by the physical units instead.

So the highest Res person I have is Lissa, my 4* cleric with 31 Res. Everyone else is nowhere near that (next highest is 22). I mean, I guess I can put her out first? She does have a ranged attack. Seems kinda weird though.

EDIT: nope, just tried it, that's not enough either - she gets attacked 3 times and dies, at which point it's Game Over.

Sucks that there are special maps you can only do if you have certain types of characters.

For the Robin Hard map I used Tiki Young with Camilla above her to tank the mages. Then 2 Takumis behind that cleaned up the trash after they cleared up. It was a narrow victory but I got it done.

Mupod

So the highest Res person I have is Lissa, my 4* cleric with 31 Res. Everyone else is nowhere near that (next highest is 22). I mean, I guess I can put her out first? She does have a ranged attack. Seems kinda weird though.

EDIT: nope, just tried it, that's not enough either - she gets attacked 3 times and dies, at which point it's Game Over.

Sucks that there are special maps you can only do if you have certain types of characters.

I mean if you just want the character, the easy map is there. That's how I got Narcian last time, it's only 150 feathers to promote them.

There isn't enough actually challenging stuff with good rewards in this game. I think it's fine to encourage us to level up a wide variety of characters, you have to have SOMEONE you could use if you leveled them up. In my case my -atk +res Lyn finally had her time to shine.

Akuun

Do you have someone with Rally Resistance and/or anyone who buffs resistance on adjacent units?

Venfayth

Yoshh..

First time I managed to get more than 4,5k

Wait you're getting 650 points per match with just one bonus unit? I thought you needed more than one bonus unit to get more points?

edit: My Julia actually tanked the first round of Robin's map just fine. I used Fae to pull her back and then once you get into the choke it's much more manageable.

Ndayday

Neo Member
Wait you're getting 650 points per match with just one bonus unit? I thought you needed more than one bonus unit to get more points?

edit: My Julia actually tanked the first round of Robin's map just fine. I used Fae to pull her back and then once you get into the choke it's much more manageable.

you just the one to get the bonus.

Sushen

Is it true that S or A rank 4* units outperform 5* B ranked? I'm trying to use some of my 5* units but I'm not impressed, and my 4* unit seems to do better.

Hinoka vs Cordelia is one example I have. What do you think?

Mupod

Is it true that S or A rank 4* units outperform 5* B ranked? I'm trying to use some of my 5* units but I'm not impressed, and my 4* unit seems to do better.

I mean in arena it's not just about winning, it's about getting a higher score. And you need 5* units because they simply have more stats, so more score.

On top of that, different individuals of the same character can have different base stats. If one has -atk + res and one has +atk -res, the latter will hit harder even at 4*.

Hinoka and Cordelia should be a straightforward decision though. The regular brave lance sucks ass, the brave+ one at 5* makes it worth using.

Danj

Are your units level 40? It becomes pretty trivial once they are.

No, most of them are around 35-37 as it's taking ages to get them to level 40. I still haven't even finished doing the story maps on Lunatic because of the stamina requirements.

Baliis

Are your units level 40? It becomes pretty trivial once they are.

Trivial is a but if an exaggeration. You still need a character capable of surviving the first round. After that it was pretty straight forward, but it took me a few tries to find a set up that worked

Gotchaye

There's basically no way a 4* Hinoka outperforms a 5* Cordelia at level 40. The only thing Hinoka's doing that Cordelia wouldn't do a lot better is providing a Spd buff to other heroes.

In general the jump to 5* is a huge deal, and for heroes in similar roles the 4* will almost never be more desirable. The stat gap can be around 20 points with a lot of that in Atk. So healers and dancers can make do. But this is an effective level gap of ~5, and even a bad hero is better than a good hero that's 5 levels lower.

Zafir

I love customer support and their canned responses.

I complained about the rollback I had yesterday with my units losing up to 7 levels.

Their response?

You lose exp if your unit dies in combat... No fucking shit Sherlock, that's not my issue at all.

woopWOOP

That damn blue mage on that Robin map. My Niles can take on the mages easy, but I need another unit to take care of that green axeman and whoever I drag in to do it gets outsped/insta'd by that blue motherfucker!
Wonder if I can level some units in time in order to gain enough spd/res...

Roman

There's basically no way a 4* Hinoka outperforms a 5* Cordelia at level 40. The only thing Hinoka's doing that Cordelia wouldn't do a lot better is providing a Spd buff to other heroes.

Since Hinoka only drops at 5* I assume they mean it the other way round.

Gotchaye

Since Hinoka only drops at 5* I assume they mean it the other way round.

Ah, still it's pretty much the same thing, I think. Cordelia's Triangle Adept is going to let her do some damage per hit to reds even at 4*, but that's still only ~2 more damage than 5* Hinoka will do, and Hinoka's going to have much better other stats and do more damage to every other color. It's true that Brave weapon users are really dependent on Atk and so if Hinoka's -Atk and Cordelia's +Atk I guess 4* Cordelia might actually be more useful.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Maybe this will help you a bit? I never had a single unit tank 4 hits. I had my Takumi immediately go up and kill off the archer, and then had Olivia dance Takumi, and then Takumi killed the blue mage (OHKO). Olivia (4* lvl 37 with 23 Res?) then tanked the 2 magic hits with 6 HP left.

Maybe if you have two characters out, each taking 2 hits (1 unit takes a phys hit & magic from the top 2 units, second unit takes FRobin & Red Mage attacks), you'd have a chance? Lissa should technically work for the second role, although you may need a cavalry unit to move far enough to prevent Lissa from getting hit a third time. This was my strategy for Hard, but it should work for the normal version.

Mupod

The tower is full of crazy shit. I saw a teleporting Hector once.

Also I could've sworn I heard DC Douglas but I thought I was hearing it from Jeigan who has a different VA. Guess I confused him with Gunter.

PK Gaming

I was really upset when I found out she was 5 ★ only (because it's goddamn Minerva), but I got pretty lucky and got her last night, which rocks. Guess i'll scrap promoting Anna and use her as my goto Axe girl ♪

Akuun

Just ran into my first 5* Linde for the first time since switching teams. Lost badly due to a few mistakes, but I really don't see how I could have won either.

Goddamn, Linde with that speed is ridiculously strong. I accidentally cornered myself with trees, and Linde just oneshotted everyone who could fight her. She was paired with a 5* Kagero, and the two of them together meant it was impossible to approach them without losing someone on the return round. I didn't have Olivia with me either, which made it that much harder to get close to her.

I could really use a Kagero or Linde myself. But my blue pulls are consistently either crap or 4* dupes.

Mupod

Just ran into my first 5* Linde for the first time since switching teams. Lost badly due to a few mistakes, but I really don't see how I could have won either.

Goddamn, Linde with that speed is ridiculously strong. I accidentally cornered myself with trees, and Linde just oneshotted everyone who could fight her. She was paired with a 5* Kagero, and the two of them together meant it was impossible to approach them without losing someone on the return round. I didn't have Olivia with me either, which made it that much harder to get close to her.

I could really use a Kagero or Linde myself. But my blue pulls are consistently either crap or 4* dupes.

the scrub ass Narcian I was bringing for bonus score ended up saving me against one of those. Straight up one shotted her.

but yeah, I got a 4* Camilla early on, and I always thought I'd rather have had Minerva. She fits how I use flying units much better. I rarely have them in a situation where they take hits, they exist just to swoop in and take out something bad.

DylanEno

Update on my orb purchasing error: there was apparently something wrong with my iTunes account - I went to iTunes customer support live chat and they went behind the scenes and fixed everything. =) Thanks to all who gave me advice!

Also LOL at the timing:

nhnrwsZ.jpg

Update on my orb purchasing error: there was apparently something wrong with my iTunes account - I went to iTunes customer support live chat and they went behind the scenes and fixed everything. =) Thanks to all who gave me advice!

Also LOL at the timing:

Thats not timing. They got access to nintendo ninja's and are watching you in the shadows.

Went on a Story Mode Lunatic run for remaining orbs and not much luck summoning until the last one, my second 5-star being...another Marth. Did get some 4 stars I didn't have like a Cherche and Lilina. Orbs will be slow in arriving now, so that's that.

Quixzlizx

Stopped summoning reds for the foreseeable future.
I have so many 5* reds of all types now... Ugh

My best red sword is a 4* Olivia.
My second best red sword is a 4* Chrom.

I've been pulling from red since the beginning of the siblings banner and getting garbage, then getting mad and ending with a blue summon out of spite.

So far those 4 runs have ended with:
Ephraim
Ephraim
5* Cordelia
4* Nowi

Cerium

I'm trying to level Anna, Olivia, and Narcian all at the same time and let me tell you leveling Olivia is insufferable.

Incidentally Narcian doesn't seem that bad. He's built to do one thing and one thing only; kill blue units, but he's really good at it.

Mupod

yeah I had an easy time leveling Narcian. My biggest issue with leveling Olivia is that, obviously, I can't use dance her into having two turns. But mine is +atk and could at least land finishing blows consistently.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Finally went and used 3 Light's Blessing to beat Lunatic 9-5 (I beat every other mission without using any, so I still have 7 left). Anyways, now I'm done with all the current content for FEHeroes on my main account finally (I actually wanted to be done lol). Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom