• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanEno

So this is probably for the best but the game won't let me buy orbs - it keeps giving me an error code. Anybody know a fix for this?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I beat the Robin stage by putting my 5* Peri in the top left danger zone. Her high res meat she only took about 1/3 damage despite being attacked by three units. Then I just had Kagero snipe off everyone while Peri kited some more.

WadeitOut

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong on the 35 Robin mission? As soon as I get any hero I have in the danger area all four get hits in and either kill my hero, or nearly kill and then finish off after.

*EDIT* Nevermind I got it. Had to experiment a bit to see how they were going to counter.

DylanEno

Emulating? What's the error code?
Nope. Playing it legit on an iPhone 6S.

LpobGYV.jpg

I'm having such an easier time leveling my 4* Female Corrins compared to my 3* Female Corrins. Dark Breath and Draconic Gaze make such a huge difference.

Just repeating that I am leveling up spare female Corrins to promote and merge to my 5* Female Corrin.

Finished three 3* versions, still have one more and two 4* versions to get to level 20.

I'm envious of your f.Corrin army. I've only ever got the one I chose my starting reroll for :p

Durden77

Man fuck Takumi or whatever his name is. What's the deal with him being about to counter at close range? Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.

Anyway, I've noticed here when people talk about characters they mention speed+/res- ect. Dors every character have 2 versions of themselves with different stats? Or many different versions?

champloo

Beat Lunatic 9-5 on first try.. that was easier than I expected.. thought I would need a Light's Blessing for this lol

on a side note, Female Robin could be very useful in Story Mode considering how many mounted units there are.

Man fuck Takumi or whatever his name is. What's the deal with him being about to counter at close range? Sometimes he does and sometimes he doesn't.

Check his skills. Close Counter is a skill that need to be unlocked on him.

as for the +/- on characters. That's character nature or IV. usually each unit will have a + stat and a - stat to set them apart.

Golnei

Anyway, I've noticed here when people talk about characters they mention speed+/res- ect. Dors every character have 2 versions of themselves with different stats? Or many different versions?

The stat total for a character is fixed, but the distribution is different - it's either even, with one stat raised and one lowered, or two raised and two lowered. I think every possible arrangement is possible for each character, though ones gained from events may have a balanced distribution; so if that's the case, it wouldn't be possible to get variants of those - though I'm not sure.

Skill Inheritance, eh?

*Imagines a beautiful, wondrous world where Effie has Renewal 3 for no good reason*

*Fem Robin stuff*

On Male Robin's gray advantage:
Yeah, it makes him the universal counter to grays. That's not to say that other units are miserable fighting grays though. His ability to counter grays also comes at the cost of him being bad in the blue mage matchup and (somehow) bad in a red mage matchup. Thank goodness Tharja's got even worse Res...

To put it another way, he loses his competence at doing typical mage things (he'll never do what Linde can do) in exchange for competence at being anti-gray. It gives him a niche much like anti-cavalry is a niche. It's just that everybody has a Takumi while not everyone has a green to kill Robin. It's why I like to ignore the meta in a character analysis as I don't know if there'll suddenly be a flood of 5* greens that'll murder him.

On the Male Robin vs. Lilina matchup:

Robin: 40 HP | 40 Atk | 29 Spd | 29 Def | 22 Res
Lilina: 35 HP | 53 Atk | 25 Spd | 19 Def | 31 Res

Robin deals 40 * 1.2 - 31 or 17 damage a hit. Lilina, with 35 HP, can survive two hits and hit him twice in return.
Lilina deals 53 * 0.8 - 22 or 21 damage a hit. Robin, with 40 HP, can only survive one hit.

Without correct natures and/or buffs, Robin can't win what's supposed to be a favourable matchup in a 1v1.

Bonfire vs. Ignis:
Hm, yeah, think Bonfire's shorter charge time is better after all.

Only 3 Blue Mages:
Maybe there's only 3 blues to a sea of grays, and maybe it's just my roster, but I am fucking terrified of Linde more than I am Takumi. At least Takumi can't end a non-flier in one round. ._.

gaiages

Banned

He can learn a skill called Close Counter, which, uh... let's him counter at melee range. The Takumis that don't do it don't have the skill unlocked yet.

Shun

I'll have Ryoma inherit Vantage and be even scarier.

At 38 speed Ryoma I can

Get +7 Attack on 50% HP
Give all adjacent members +4 speed
Have an ougi that gives me 1.5x attack after 4 actions, or 2.5x attack after 5 actions
Counter melee AND ranged

With Vantage I can do all that and attack first on enemy phase as early as 70% HP.

And never get doubled and double most of the entire cast.

I'm going to have so much fun with this.

champloo

Wow wonder how they are gonna implement limitations so that no unit end up broken.. I mean they shouldn't allow a green unit to have swordbreaker right?
my berserker in Fates has swordbreaker though

PK Gaming

On Male Robin's gray advantage:
Yeah, it makes him the universal counter to grays. That's not to say that other units are miserable fighting grays though. His ability to counter grays also comes at the cost of him being bad in the blue mage matchup and (somehow) bad in a red mage matchup. Thank goodness Tharja's got even worse Res...

Robin is so much better at fighting grays than most units, though. You can actually stick him in Takumi/Kagero's range, weaken them on Enemy Phase and then pick him off on your next turn, which is something most characters couldn't dream of doing. He embarrasses Takumi, forcing him to essentially do single digit damage and neutering his freakishly good Enemy Phase. These are top tier traits, and the fact the matches up somewhat poorly against mages isn't really much of a concern overall. Male Robin brings so much more to the table than Female Robin it's not even funny.

To put it another way, he loses his competence at doing typical mage things (he'll never do what Linde can do) in exchange for competence at being anti-gray. It gives him a niche much like anti-cavalry is a niche. It's just that everybody has a Takumi while not everyone has a green to kill Robin. It's why I like to ignore the meta in a character analysis as I don't know if there'll suddenly be a flood of 5* greens that'll murder him.

What is the point of an analysis if you're ignoring the metagame?

as I don't know if there'll suddenly be a flood of 5* greens that'll murder him.

Take a look at the number of Reds currently in the game, then go and check the protagonists of each FE game. It's not going to happen :V

On the Male Robin vs. Lilina matchup:

Robin: 40 HP | 40 Atk | 29 Spd | 29 Def | 22 Res
Lilina: 35 HP | 53 Atk | 25 Spd | 19 Def | 31 Res

Robin deals 40 * 1.2 - 31 or 17 damage a hit. Lilina, with 35 HP, can survive two hits and hit him twice in return.
Lilina deals 53 * 0.8 - 22 or 21 damage a hit. Robin, with 40 HP, can only survive one hit.

Without correct natures and/or buffs, Robin can't win what's supposed to be a favourable matchup in a 1v1.

I never said he won the matchup, it's just that he trades on enemy phase. After that, finishing off Lilina with your other units is trivial.

Only 3 Blue Mages:
Maybe there's only 3 blues to a sea of grays, and maybe it's just my roster, but I am fucking terrified of Linde more than I am Takumi. At least Takumi can't end a non-flier in one round. ._.

Linde is powerful, but she covers much less range on enemy phase than Takumi (since she has no 1-2 range). Hence the reason why it's easier to defeat Linde than Takumi. That said, Linde is extremely obnoxious too, since doubling her is effectively impossible, and you're basically forced to 2HKO her unless you have a strong nuke.

OceanBlue

Take a look at the number of Reds currently in the game, then go and check the protagonists of each FE game. It's not going to happen :V

Ike will use an axe. :D

Honestly all that needs to happen for Robin to phase out of normal use is for gray characters (aka Takumi) to become less popular. You already see less of either of them if your team average is high enough IIRC outside of +10 Takumi lol.

PK Gaming

Ike will use an axe. :D

Honestly all that needs to happen for Robin to phase out of normal use is for gray characters (aka Takumi) to become less popular. You already see less of either of them if your team average is high enough IIRC outside of +10 Takumi lol.

If you're rolling with a fat team like Hector / Dragon / Shareena or Anna / etc then you'll pretty much never see Robin (or any low bst character for that matter) so he's technically already been phased out at higher levels. Which still sucks; the ranking system is awful.

ggx2ac

So this is probably for the best but the game won't let me buy orbs - it keeps giving me an error code. Anybody know a fix for this?

Nope. Playing it legit on an iPhone 6S.

LpobGYV.jpg

Go to Misc. -> Customer Support -> Enquiries
And write out the problem and give them that support code.

Also, check if anything is preventing the game from accessing the app store or whatever function to the transaction. That happened for me on my Android that I had disabled background functions for the Google playstore, when I enabled then again I was able to buy orbs again.

I'm envious of your f.Corrin army. I've only ever got the one I chose my starting reroll for :p

But I also need more Ninos and all I have is one spare.

I am baka lol. I should fight Advanced Arena from the beginning lol. It is sooo much easier vs Intermediate. WTF?

Because advanced means you fight teams with ratings higher than your own, so you are less likely to fight a team with Linde, Takumi, Kagero in it unless they are level 50.

Looks like skill inheritance is on its way mid March (Twitter)

This is better than them giving characters the rest of their skills.

I just hope they don't make it bullshit by having to pay feathers.

PK Gaming

I can't say i'm a fan of skill inheritance

The biggest appeal of the characters in this game came down to how unique they are. Takumi's infamous Close Counter ability is great, because it's what he had it in Fire Emblem: Fates. There's history behind it. Other, newer skills like Nino's Draw back or Hot Tiki's ranged counterattack meshed well with a character''s kit. It seems like all of that is gone now.

So like yeah, it will be fun on paper. But everyone's going to godamn run the most broken stuff, making the metagame more top heavy. Look forward to distant counter on like everyone relevant, Azura/Olivia warp shenanigans, and the like.

It'll be like Fates's online multiplayer all over again n_n

OceanBlue

I can't say i'm a fan of skill inheritance

The biggest appeal of the characters in this game came down to how unique they are. Takumi's infamous Close Counter ability is great, because it's what he had it in Fire Emblem: Fates. There's history behind it. Other, newer skills like Nino's Draw back or Hot Tiki's ranged counterattack meshed well with a character''s kit. It seems like all of that is gone now.

So like yeah, it will be fun on paper. But everyone's going to godamn run the most broken stuff. Look forward to distant counter on like everyone sword user, Azura/Olivia warp shenanigans, and the like.

It'll be like Fates's online multiplayer all over again n_n

We'll have to see how it's implemented. For all we know, characters might only be able to learn certain skills, or characters might have to choose between strong skills because they take up the same slots. Of course it'll make other characters probably sillier than they need to be, but hopefully it manages to keep skill combinations relatively sane while adding neat options and making characters with worse skills more viable.

DylanEno

Go to Misc. -> Customer Support -> Enquiries
And write out the problem and give them that support code.

Also, check if anything is preventing the game from accessing the app store or whatever function to the transaction. That happened for me on my Android that I had disabled background functions for the Google playstore, when I enabled then again I was able to buy orbs again.
I submitted it. Can I expect them to reach out to me through email or...? Lol.

I made sure the game was given all permissions. Still doesn't work.

Is it safe to delete the app and reinstall it? I heard you lose all of your characters if you delete it, but then there's also the whole think with linking your Nintendo ID - if it's linked, can't you just log in even after you've deleted and redownloaded the app?

scy

Worst case scenario, everything boils down to the best weapons and characters are basically stat sticks. This basically catapults all the Lords to new heights?

Best case scenario, limited inheritance of generic pool of abilities leads to mediocre units getting that last bit they need to flesh them out. I wish I had an example in mind but I don't. I guess more auras, or hell Dance, on healers or giving everyone movement abilities.

ggx2ac

I'm going to guess that you'll pay something to get the skills but you still have to get SP to learn them. Which means farming training tower at level 40 to earn +3SP per kill.

I'm already looking at what skills I could get even though this is two weeks away.

Oh... I could do what I said before about Seliph to fix up his weaknesses.

I'll give him Wary Fighter so that he and the opponent only attack once until he hits 50% health and then Brash Assault kicks in when he is below 50% health.

I'm trying to check what special would be good.

hmmmdonuts

Neo Member

Is it safe to delete the app and reinstall it? I heard you lose all of your characters if you delete it, but then there's also the whole think with linking your Nintendo ID - if it's linked, can't you just log in even after you've deleted and redownloaded the app?

Yes this works. I had the error code quite a few times on IOS, and the only thing that consistently fixes it, is deleting and then reinstalling. And you're right, just relink the same Nintendo account, after installing and you'll be okay.

ggx2ac

Well weapons are technically skills in this game and really almost all units in the same unit type have roughly equal amounts of stats within a small range of a few stat points. If you could pass down weapons then any random unit with a lord weapon is as good as a lord.

JP twitter said that you'll lose the unit during the skill transfer.
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/834963113631858688

So do we know if it's filling up empty skills or can it replace current ones too?

ggx2ac

They respond through the enquiry you made. Just check there where you submitted after some time.

Don't delete the app. You can just delete the cache from the main menu of the game (the one with the theme song)

But that's not going to fix anything if it's similar to my problem. Just wait for a response from the enquiry.

OceanBlue

Worst case scenario, everything boils down to the best weapons and characters are basically stat sticks. This basically catapults all the Lords to new heights?

Best case scenario, limited inheritance of generic pool of abilities leads to mediocre units getting that last bit they need to flesh them out. I wish I had an example in mind but I don't. I guess more auras, or hell Dance, on healers or giving everyone movement abilities.

If Fir had Threaten Attack to fill her missing C skill, I'd think she'd be fun to try. Unfortunately there isn't a ton of variety in skills in this game.

Maybe we can finally get Iote's Shield on a flier lol.

sense

Available blue units for upgrade to 5*:

Oboro
Cordelia
Sully
Raven (oops green axe) but heard he is good. Maybe roll with him instead of Camilla

Any suggestions

I could go for Cordelia but already have 5* Camilla and don't want two flyers that are going to be extremely weak against arrows.

I usually roll with young tiki, takumi, Olivia and Camilla but obviously need a good blue unit.

Totakeke

I doubt they will let you replace current skills. It will most likely be for filling up the empty ones.

Otherwise the game would be broken, every red sword wielder will have a falchion and Aether, etc etc

It's not like the existing characters with those weapons are broken.

scy

If Fir had Threaten Attack to fill her missing C skill, I'd think she'd be fun to try. Unfortunately there isn't a ton of variety in skills in this game.

Maybe we can finally get Iote's Shield on a flier lol.

Yeah, like most the setups I could think of great inherits were Taco-proofing fliers or Distant Counter memes. Wary Fighter / Vantage to shore up the bruiser or glass cannon types. I'm going to assume you actually can't have heal, Dance, and a Rally on the same character just due to how will the game handle which you're using (unless it tries to process all three at once, anyway) I forgot these were all the Assist category, oops.

And you probably can't have, say, Swordbreaker on Hector. I ... I hope.

What is the point of an analysis if you're ignoring the metagame?

Perhaps "ignoring the meta" wasn't the best phrasing. Rather, I'm assuming the meta will change due to character additions and other stuff and want to make any analysis as future-proof as possible (skill inheritance is already making things difficult though>.>); want to assume there might be even more anti-gray characters that he'll have to compete with down the road. There's like, no question Lucina will ever fall off for example because she's too damn solid even outside of her dragon-killing niche. Blues are relevant as a check to her, but that doesn't make every last one of them solid nor does their existence make every last green solid. Meanwhile, Robin's got a glaring flaw outside of his niche. The second a character with his niche drops and people find that character can do more, he'll drop like a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom