• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|The Future of Fire Emblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jims

Subaki is a pretty defensive blue. :p

Why do you want a defensive blue anyway.

Just 'cuz Camilla and Seliph don't counter the red lords that well and I don't want to worry about them. At least with Subaki, he makes Lucina/Marth/Roy/Lyn/etc fairly irrelevant every map.
(I'm starting to suspect the answer is just to move on from Camilla.) :(

Robin sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

Yeah, I think you're right. Might try swapping Camilla or Seliph for someone more sturdy and see if that could work.

Golnei

Given how F!Robin's actual art turned out, I think I would have preferred it if they'd just used the male version's artwork with a wig.

tumblr_okzeklL8Pb1rq88mno1_1280.png

Cerium

omg

I had a PERFECT six chain in Arena, didn't lose anyone, was doing it with fucking useless Narcian too so it was basically all 3v4

Then I ran into a fucking Olivia squad. Lost three dudes, but it came down to my Cordelia versus a Tiki and Olivia. Should've been easy, but my Cordelia has a Sharena debuff on her so the Tiki survives a hit. Olivia dances her, Tiki activates Growing Flame, Cordelia gets taken down to 1hp automatically and then dies to the attack.

FUCK.

Would've had like a 4400+ score I was so damn close.

I am salt.

So, after two days of playing i've been lucky enough to draw a couple good heroes...
my team consists of Hawkeye, Azama, Takumi, and Novi
I've been lucky to draw a 5 star merrik and and a 4 star corrin male sword user as well

Danj

Maybe this will help you a bit? I never had a single unit tank 4 hits. I had my Takumi immediately go up and kill off the archer, and then had Olivia dance Takumi, and then Takumi killed the blue mage (OHKO). Olivia (4* lvl 37 with 23 Res?) then tanked the 2 magic hits with 6 HP left.

Maybe if you have two characters out, each taking 2 hits (1 unit takes a phys hit & magic from the top 2 units, second unit takes FRobin & Red Mage attacks), you'd have a chance? Lissa should technically work for the second role, although you may need a cavalry unit to move far enough to prevent Lissa from getting hit a third time. This was my strategy for Hard, but it should work for the normal version.

Normal was fine, I had no problems with it.

This is what I've got on Hard:

I can get Tharja out along with Lissa and in a position to kill the green axe guy, but she then gets killed by the attacks from the others. I've run out of stamina again so I need to wait a bit before trying different configurations. I don't have a Takumi, or an Olivia who can Dance (Dance is 4* and above only I believe?).

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Normal was fine, I had no problems with it.

This is what I've got on Hard:

I can get Tharja out along with Lissa and in a position to kill the green axe guy, but she then gets killed by the attacks from the others. I've run out of stamina again so I need to wait a bit before trying different configurations. I don't have a Takumi, or an Olivia who can Dance (Dance is 4* and above only I believe?).
Given upgrading from 2 to 3 stars isn't all that hard there's no real rush to beat the mission on hard.

Dance is 3* and above.

You might be able to put Minerva northwest of the hole (she'll get hit by green axe and blue mags) and then have a tharja or Lissa just west of the hole (Tharja should wreck Robin right?) and she'd get hit by FRobin and red mags while blue axe gets into position.

I'm not entirely sure what your next steps would be, but that may help you tank the first attack.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I like how frobin's main portrait looks. She looks pretty. The rest are kind of meh tho (attacking etc). I admit that doesn't look too bad lol. M Robin's art is awesome though :).

Danj

You might be able to put Minerva northwest of the hole (she'll get hit by green axe and blue mags) and then have a tharja or Lissa just west of the hole (Tharja should wreck Robin right?) and she'd get hit by FRobin and red mags while blue axe gets into position.

I'm not entirely sure what your next steps would be, but that may help you tank the first attack.

I'll try that once my stamina is restored.

Here's the details on the team I'm trying to do this with (everyone else is lower level / lower star rating):

EDIT: I'm considering swapping Minerva for Anna, who although she is only 4*, has Spur Res 3.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to finishing up the story missions. Definitely solid for a F2P game.

MutFox

Banned
I'll try that once my stamina is restored.

Here's the details on the team I'm trying to do this with (everyone else is lower level / lower star rating):

Level your blue and green.
Get them minimum 36 or 37. You got time, then you'll do it easily.
Don't waste that stamina :p

I did it easily, though my team i had 3 40's and a 36 healer

Danj

Level your blue and green.
Get them minimum 36 or 37. You got time, then you'll do it easily.
Don't waste that stamina :p

It's impossible within the remaining time unless I start blowing orbs to restore stamina. I want to complete the map, but not so badly that I want to waste a load of orbs on it.

EDIT: actually it occurs to me, maybe I can level my team up in the arena instead of the training tower, as the arena just takes dueling swords and I still have a bunch of crests left I think.

MutFox

Banned
It's impossible within the remaining time unless I start blowing orbs to restore stamina. I want to complete the map, but not so badly that I want to waste a load of orbs on it.

Level as much as you can focusing on those 2.
Probably the only chance you have.

You should consider putting a bulky Red unit to the left of that hole. A strong Colorless Unit would probably work, too. You should be fine if everyone is at max level.

I used Marth, and he survived an attack from the Blue Mage, Axe Fighter, and Female Robin. Those are the only guys able to attack him on the first. He has 41 HP and 23 RES, and survived with 10 HP. Buffs were not even used.

I retreated, and cleaned up with my other units.

WHAT SICK JOKE IS THIS, TRAINING TOWER

THEY ALL HAD PAVISE AND DISTANT COUNTER

and Sakura had Physic (Psychic? Can never remember what it's called)

The stats and abilities of 10th Stratum enemies will always be cheap, but you should still remember to never do battles with 5 enemies. That number advantage is just unfair.

It's a shame that clearing it without deaths is one of the only few ways to get Crystals.

PK Gaming

If I never seen another Bartre, I swear to God...

I never liked his trash ass in FE6, didn't like him in FE7 and I sure as heck don't like him now either

Danj

I got the app login bonus for today, so I blew an orb and tried a couple of configurations but neither of them worked.

Need to wait for stamina to restore before trying more levelling up.

jzbluz

I got the app login bonus for today, so I blew an orb and tried a couple of configurations but neither of them worked.

A dancer would probably make it easier. Kill the two top units with your strongest fighter and a dancer, then wait a turn and rinse and repeat.

Danj

A dancer would probably make it easier. Kill the two top units with your strongest fighter and a dancer, then wait a turn and rinse and repeat.

OK so I now have a dancer (my 2* Olivia was level 19, got her to level 20 and then promoted, now level 12 and has Dance). What's the fastest and most efficient way to get her to level 35 so she can be of use in the Robin map?

EDIT: used a bunch of crystals and feathers and now she's level 22, but levelling any higher seems to be hard going.

Wat do?

You can't as someone else mentioned.

I was going to say, "even if you could, what's the point? They'd finish moving after dancing."

Then I realised what could occur.

3 dancers + Takumi.

Takumi moves forward and kills someone. Dancer dances to him and he moves forward and kills another. Then the dancer that hasn't moved moves to the first one and uses Dance. The first dancer moves again and refreshes Takumi and he kills another person. Then the third dancer moves to the second dancer, refresh, second dancer moves to first dancer, refresh, first dancer moves to Takumi, refresh, Takumi kills last unit.

Stage cleared in one turn.

Unfortunately, dance doesn't work on other units with dance or sing.

Dragner

Hey guys, I just pulled a 5* Cordelia. According to the Calculator, she is +Atk -Def. How's that?

Good enough since you are going to attack twice right away so +atk is excellent. -DEF is a bit bad since she is already squishy but luckily theres not a lot of green you have to worry about. So I would say is a pretty good nature.

You shouldn't be having so much trouble with high level units. On the first turn, place Anna at the bottom left and Tharja directly above her. A strong Anna will kill the Lance Fighter, and she will survive the mages. Tharja will counter attack against the other mage.

Retreat, heal, and finish off the rest.

Gotchaye

Even with the new set of bonus heroes the top 1k is really hard to break into. I got 4584 points in part by surrendering at the difficulty selection screen when it would offer 652 or less and only got rank 888, which two hours later is already down to 906. This is simply not achievable with Catria and without Hector or Effie.

Igama

Neo Member
Good enough since you are going to attack twice right away so +atk is excellent. -DEF is a bit bad since she is already squishy but luckily theres not a lot of green you have to worry about. So I would say is a pretty good nature.

Not optimal bu pretty good. Cordelia will probably die when something not red touches her so you might as well go full offensive.

All right, thanks!

Stupid question. But what's the difference between 5 ⭐️ Vs 5 ⭐️ focus? And if there is a difference how can you tell them apart?
I just drew Fir, who is a 5 ⭐️ focus. And the only reason I know, is that's the only version available :lol

Gotchaye

Stupid question. But what's the difference between 5 ⭐️ Vs 5 ⭐️ focus? And if there is a difference how can you tell them apart?
I just drew Fir, who is a 5 ⭐️ focus. And the only reason I know, is that's the only version available :lol

Once you have them there's no difference. The idea is just that there are four particular 5* heroes that you're particularly likely to get for a given banner and so you're much more likely to end up summoning them. Sometimes the focus heroes are heroes that you can't ordinarily pull at 5*, but they're still identical to the 5* versions of those heroes you could create by promoting a 4* version. But you're never going to be able to tell whether you got 5* focus Hawkeye or just regular 5* Hawkeye.

tnaden

Focus just means you have an increased chance of summoning them.

Heroes is starting to feel thin to me. I don't really want to spend more money on it and the feathers are so limited I have no desire to level the team I want :<

Once you have them there's no difference. The idea is just that there are four particular 5* heroes that you're particularly likely to get for a given banner and so you're much more likely to end up summoning them. Sometimes the focus heroes are heroes that you can't ordinarily pull at 5*. But you're never going to be able to tell whether you got 5* focus Hawkeye or just regular 5* Hawkeye.

Focus just means you have an increased chance of summoning them.
Thanks!

Mupod

kRBhhuQ.jpg

I work with what I got. Would've been perfect if not for the strange number of Leos running around, kinda hard to keep Narcian alive.

Draxal

Its not 100% optimal (I would say + ATK - min spd is now optimal if you can inherit wary fighter).

But she is a glass unit design best used with a dancer and +ATk is the best mod for her in that role.

I finally did the Advanced Robin map in the silliest way: my level 36 Julia with 3 people all supporting her :p

At no point in the map did anyone actually fight except Julia.
Her supports were:
* Lissa (for healing with Rehabilitate so Julia could survive more than one round)
* Olivia (for dancing to help Julia move and attack more, plus provide a +4 atk buff)
* Selena (to haul Lissa and Olivia out of the danger area after doing their jobs :p )

The fun thing with this strat is that the only character's stats that matter are Julia's. The rest are just there for their active ability XD
It's surprising how important the sequence of events is to make it work for me though. If my Julia attacks the green axe user she won't survive the first volley due to the after-combat debuff so I have to begin by just slapping her out there without attacking :eek:

Dragner

Its not 100% optimal (I would say + ATK - min spd is now optimal if you can inherit wary fighter).

But she is a glass unit design best used with a dancer and +ATk is the best mod for her in that role.

ofc, I never said it was. Its good enough tho.

Fun (and probably illegal) weapon+skill combo that doesn't involve Counter nor Vantage: Gravity + Knock Back. This can severely reduce the threat range of ranged units, effectively forcing them to only ever engage the healer. Not that healers are likely to win a ranged fight, but it seems like a fun stall tactic if they can take two rounds of combat. lol

If the target in question is a melee unit though, gg. 100/0 matchup without a wall or other unit to stop the knockback. Any magic user (or sufficiently strong archer), regardless of Gravity effect, can also win the armor knight matchup for free if they had Knock Back.

Units w/ Gravity: Elise, Lissa, Leo (not healer, but Brynhildr has a similar effect)
Units w/ Knock Back: Barst, Olivia

Jims

EDIT: used a bunch of crystals and feathers and now she's level 22, but levelling any higher seems to be hard going.

Wat do?

Spitballing here, but I wonder if your Minerva is able to take out the Red Mage in one turn (Olivia would have to dance to get her there) and then survive the enemy phase blue/green attacks? If Minerva had Sacred Cowl and it might be doable if someone buffed her Res at the beginning of that turn.

Not positive on this because after you posted the map last night, I stared at it for a couple minutes (I hadn't cleared it yet either) and came up with that solution for Camilla/Olivia on my team. And it just baaaaarely worked. I had to get a healer to come in to replenish her HP as well for Turn 2's enemy phase. Looking at your Minerva stats, I'm not sure if it would work... My Camilla is HP 38/ATK 38/DEF 31 /SP 27/RES 28 and still narrowly survived Turn 1 with, like, 7 HP left. Would Sacred Cowl's -30% range damage help that much? Minerva's low res is a problem here.

The Red Mage's placement in this map is mean. I liked the puzzle-solving aspect of figuring it out, but it feels like a setup where some people just have the wrong leveled-up units to be able to complete it.

Mupod

Fun (and probably illegal) weapon+skill combo that doesn't involve Counter nor Vantage: Gravity + Knock Back. This can severely reduce the threat range of ranged units, effectively forcing them to only ever engage the healer. Not that healers are likely to win a ranged fight, but it seems like a fun stall tactic if they can take two rounds of combat. lol

If the target in question is a melee unit though, gg. 100/0 matchup without a wall or other unit to stop the knockback. Any magic user (or sufficiently strong archer), regardless of Gravity effect, can also win the armor knight matchup for free if they had Knock Back.

Units w/ Gravity: Elise, Lissa, Leo (not healer, but Brynhildr has a similar effect)
Units w/ Knock Back: Barst, Olivia

doesn't seem like anything with Gravity has an open B slot so I doubt it'd be allowed. I expect there to be restrictions on shenanigans like this anyways, in particular knock back or drag back on ranged units,

doesn't seem like anything with Gravity has an open B slot so I doubt it'd be allowed. I expect there to be restrictions on shenanigans like this anyways, in particular knock back or drag back on ranged units,

Hm, yeah, that would throw a wrench in the works if you can only add to empty slots. Probably likely to avoid having every unit be a clone barring stats.

Wonder what other restrictions they could add? One empty slot only? No Tier 3 skills or tier-less skills (e.g. Close Counter)?

How the heck do you earn feathers faster to unlock potential?

i have a lvl 23 4s tiki that needs to be 5 star asap lol
Arena and arena missions (the missions earn you 1k feathers each and you'll get 1.6k on offence for running a 7 win streak team with a bonus character assuming the stats are high enough. If you get enough points you'll rank and earn an additional chunk of feathers on top of that.

While still slow for reaching that 20k for 5 stars, it's a lot faster than the 5-15 daily feathers from your castle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom