• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

G17

The reason the search bar is separate I believe is because Mozilla does not want to force search into the url bar. Doing that would bring up privacy concerns like it does on Chrome. (everything you type in the url bar being sent out to fetch for suggestions)

A New Firefox Logo for a New Firefox Era

firefox.png

Cynosure

Just read recent news of Firefox reclaiming its throne as the best browser.
Ever since I was unable to scroll, I can't remember when which version it was (probably 4), I switched to Chrome and never looked back.

Chrome has been pissing me off lately and I really want to switch back, but I checked Firefox again and I still can't scroll
dxPm5.gif

Cynosure

Completely uninstall all versions and delete your local profile. Then re-install FF22 from here.

omg it works. Thank you.
I could have sworn I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I'm no sure why it worked this time. Maybe they finally fixed my unique issue with this latest version
thank you so much.

ib1MxGM6kHP8rj.gif

hirokazu

Oh yeah, Firefox doesn't respond to "double click title bar to minimise" on Mac for me since at least version 21. Am I the only one with this issue or did they screw something up and haven't fixed it?

Izayoi

Banned
Sorry to ask this but... i downloaded FF this past sunday and it can't run youtube... what can i do?
Install the latest version of Flash from here. Make sure you visit that link while using Firefox, and that the site has properly auto-detected your OS and browser.

omg it works. Thank you.
I could have sworn I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I'm no sure why it worked this time. Maybe they finally fixed my unique issue with this latest version
thank you so much.
Was probably an incomplete uninstall or a profile that wasn't properly deleted. I've never heard of the problem that you were having, so it's possible that your install was corrupted the first time around.

Anyway, glad to hear that it works!

Going back to firefox after years on Chrome.

I want to be able to open a new tab, type 'n' and hit enter and have it go to neogaf, because neogaf is the most visited website I have that starts with 'n'. Chrome does this and I am tired of accidently searching google for 'n' every 5 minutes when I use firefox.

I don't want to press 'n' and then the down arrow key and then enter. I want to press 'n' and then enter. How can I make this happen?

Mr_Zombie

1) Bookmark NeoGaf page
2) In the bookmark panel right click on the bookmarked page -> Properties
3) In the "keyword" field type "n" and save.
4) ???
5) Profit

I just discovered this a minute ago

Going back to firefox after years on Chrome.

I want to be able to open a new tab, type 'n' and hit enter and have it go to neogaf, because neogaf is the most visited website I have that starts with 'n'. Chrome does this and I am tired of accidently searching google for 'n' every 5 minutes when I use firefox.

I don't want to press 'n' and then the down arrow key and then enter. I want to press 'n' and then enter. How can I make this happen?

I don't need to press the down arrow key for this to happen. I don't know if I changed something or if it was the default behavior :/

Nokterian

Since the last update 22.0 my firefox and also trying cyberfox have been hanging when i start up. This is getting annoying does anyone know how to fix this?

Izayoi

Banned
Since the last update 22.0 my firefox and also trying cyberfox have been hanging when i start up. This is getting annoying does anyone know how to fix this?
Hanging how? They freeze up and refuse to start at all, or is there just a slight pause when you start it?

hey guys I am using Cyberbox on a windows 7 64 bit machine. Is it the best browser is there another iteration of Firefox which is better and faster?

Nokterian

Hanging how? They freeze up and refuse to start at all, or is there just a slight pause when you start it?

Found the problem it was Lastpass app binary in version 22 broke it, Found a patch! :)

Oh and yes i am using Cyberfox now also way faster then firefox for sure,since it is made 64 bits and there updates are just as high as firefox it self.

So Firefox is still playing poorly with Flash, even after a flash update this morning.

Visiting certain sites (tumblr for example) with flash makes the browser hang and not respond for sometimes up to five seconds.

Disabling flash player seems makes the problem go away instantly. I googled the problem and one suggestion is changing Flash's cfg file to remove the new "protected mode", but that doesn't seem to work.

Anyone else struggling? I feel like switching to Chrome until this sorts itself out.

Persona7

Banned
I've been getting a bunch of "connection was reset" pages lately on firefox. I am also getting random corrupted images on the linux version specifically.

Anyone else?

Schrade

I've been getting a bunch of "connection was reset" pages lately on firefox. I am also getting random corrupted images on the linux version specifically.

Anyone else?

Sounds like something went wonky with your profile.

Try running firefox with a new, empty profile.

Megasoum

Banned
Guys, I decided to do an experiment for the next few days and switched to Firefox from Chrome... First thing I did after installing was open the Sunhilegend appreciation thread... It's SOOOO smooth.

Actually my only issue with Firefox is for the addons. It's not game breaking but the addons that I had in Chrome either have inferior counterparts in Firefox or flat out don't exists.

The most important addon is a good Gmail Checker. I tried 3 or 4 in Firefox, I found one that is all right but in the end the one I was using in Chrome is still better.

There's a couple of addons that I couldn't find equivalent in chrome but the only one I really miss is an Autoscroll. In chrome there's an addon that let you click on a button to automatically scroll the page to the bottom (like if you were rolling down the scroll wheel on your mouse non stop). It's so great when you're using the NeoGaf live thread addon. I couldn't find an equivalent here.

Anyway, overall those are minor issues, other than that I really like the feel of Firefox.

Schrade

The most important addon is a good Gmail Checker. I tried 3 or 4 in Firefox, I found one that is all right but in the end the one I was using in Chrome is still better.

GMail Manager is the best. Unfortunately the original author stopped doing regular updates on it but someone forked it and is trying to keep it up to date. You can get it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gmail-manager-ng/

Works perfectly for me.

There's a couple of addons that I couldn't find equivalent in chrome but the only one I really miss is an Autoscroll. In chrome there's an addon that let you click on a button to automatically scroll the page to the bottom (like if you were rolling down the scroll wheel on your mouse non stop). It's so great when you're using the NeoGaf live thread addon. I couldn't find an equivalent here.

Er... that's built in to Firefox. Click the Middle Mouse Button and then you'll see a round icon with arrows in it. Just move your mouse down and it'll start scrolling. The further you move the mouse down the faster the scroll speed.

Top Bottom