• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

How do I make my address bar default search engine different from the search engine bar on the right? Before the address bar defaulted to google, but now it defaults to whatever the search bar on the right has selected.

This is shitty and pointlessly redundant to have both be the same search engine.

Im_Special

How do I make my address bar default search engine different from the search engine bar on the right? Before the address bar defaulted to google, but now it defaults to whatever the search bar on the right has selected.

This is shitty and pointlessly redundant to have both be the same search engine.

Read like 15 posts back.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Speaking of search stuff . . .

Does anyone know of an extension that allows you to select a search from any in the quick search?

Eg, when I highlight a word and right click, there's a menu item "Search ENGINE for 'WORD'" but I'd like to be able to select from a list instead of the current one in the quick search.

neoanarch

Is there a HTTPS always enabled addon?

There was at one time, but I can't remember the name and I can't find it either.

Is there an addon that syncs, checks for updates, and checks for addon updates all at a push of a button? I'm tired of updating firefox only be met with a restart prompt for updated addons right after. Sync might as well be included.

neoism

What specific issues are you having? I've had some stability/freezing issues.

Same it wont even start... I also had an windows update that basically fucked my whole system...I also think I have a virus. I'm downloading the the win 7 home premium iso right now... it works a little in safe mode but will freeze eventually but my explorer exe freezes too. Its been waaay to long any way I haven't reformat or reinstalled windows in a long time.. but I have sooo many files over 100gb of music and a bunch of other things.. I'm going to try to do the reinstall without formatting..... the upgrade option without the upgrade... I really hope its not my HDD though... but yeah updated FF to 23 and it just doesn't work :(

beat

Firefox (ok, Cyberfox) won't load Twitter today. "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Other browsers on this same computer work fine. I've tried clearing cookies, cache, RAM cache, etc and nothing seems to work. Anyone know any other things I can try?

Vert boil

Firefox (ok, Cyberfox) won't load Twitter today. "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading." Other browsers on this same computer work fine. I've tried clearing cookies, cache, RAM cache, etc and nothing seems to work. Anyone know any other things I can try?

It hasn't been working in FF for me as well. Works normally in chrome and through metrotwit.

beat

Works for me now.

I wonder if Twitter is just internally all-Chrome or something. Their Vine site doesn't work on Firefox either, because I dunno, something about HTML5 video.

PGamer

fucking juniors
Firefox 24 is now out.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/#desktop

Release notes:
NEW

Enabled support for WebRTC
Ability to share open tabs between NFC-enabled phones
Easy access to your favourite share application from main menu. Read more in the blog post.
Added support for Braille, Popup announcements, Door hangers retain focus and a lot more for TalkBack users
Better night reading experience with Night mode functionality in Reader
Added Swedish, British and Catalan to Android multi-locale builds

DEVELOPER

Removed support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory

CHANGED

Baidu is now the default search engine for the Chinese locale

FIXED

Can't write accented characters on HTC devices (see 906506)
24.0: Security fixes can be found here

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/24.0/releasenotes/

neoism

-_- 24 out now 23 completely destroyed my computer.. :/ I reinstalled windows worked wonderful for 3 hours and then I upgraded to 23 from 22... and it froze my computer it now it will not even boot right.. :/ I tried bootrec.exe in cmd the first time to get it reinstalled in the first place and it will not work again... I have no other chose but to format and delete 200 gb of files and all my music.. :*( not sure why it hates win 7 home premium so much

Im_Special

-_- 24 out now 23 completely destroyed my computer.. :/ I reinstalled windows worked wonderful for 3 hours and then I upgraded to 23 from 22... and it froze my computer it now it will not even boot right.. :/ I tried bootrec.exe in cmd the first time to get it reinstalled in the first place and it will not work again... I have no other chose but to format and delete 200 gb of files and all my music.. :*( not sure why it hates win 7 home premium so much

Yeah that definitely sounds like a Firefox issue...

Mr_Zombie

I have no other chose but to format and delete 200 gb of files and all my music.. :*(

Whoa there, hold your horses. Don't you have any external discs, flash memory or another partition on your HDD that you can move your music to? Or at least blank DVD and DVD writer? It's a little bit excessive to delete all your data if you only want to reinstall Windows.

And this really doesn't sound like a Firefox issue. More likely a virus or something else. I doubt a simple program upgrade could destroy Windows.

inm8num2

Yeah that definitely sounds like a Firefox issue...

You like to show up in this thread whenever someone has a problem to share and post rude, unhelpful responses.

Do you work for Mozilla?

If yes, this is a poor way of representing them.

If no, your posting habits in this thread are still poor (and reek of hyper-defensive fanboy syndrome).

This is a thread where people are allowed and encouraged to post their issues with FF, whatever they may be. Even if that person's problem isn't directly a result of FF, there are far, far better ways to convey that.

Case in point from last couple pages:

Read like 15 posts back.

Okay I see you don't like reading so here I'll hand feed you.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/keyword-search/

Well with the lack of info you give I'm going to go on a limb here and say its not Firefox 24

Im_Special

Unhelpful responses? Do you know what that means, all three of your "Case in points" show me giving solutions to their problems, that sure is unhelpful huh. And rude? Yeah okay, he asked something and the solution was a few posts back, I can either copy/paste it for him or tell him where to look, after the fact he still couldn't find it so I gave it to him. I'm not even going to bother with your last case.

It's funny you talk about hyper-defensive don't you think? And sorry I don't have the patience of a saint for all the people who come in here saying "going back to Chrome" "Firefox is so buggy" "Firefox ruined Windows 7 and now I need to reformat", problems are fine the former is not .

Anyway thanks for the laugh with your weird stalking/attacking me post, it was really weird and funny, do feel free to keep me and the rest of GAF updated about how you really feel though.

inm8num2

Why are you so angry...?

Stalking is not checking the last two pages of the thread. I could easily go back further, but your immature response pretty much hammers the point home.

I guess you do work for Mozilla?

neoism

Whoa there, hold your horses. Don't you have any external discs, flash memory or another partition on your HDD that you can move your music to? Or at least blank DVD and DVD writer? It's a little bit excessive to delete all your data if you only want to reinstall Windows.

And this really doesn't sound like a Firefox issue. More likely a virus or something else. I doubt a simple program upgrade could destroy Windows.
i did just reinstall i did the upgrade option so i could keep my files and stuff it took 12 hours i used bootrec.exe in cmd in recovery options to get into windows i used a iso copy of win7 home premium and when bootrec worked in finally booted into windows I then did the upgrade option to reinstall win7 it work perfect for 3 hours and so did firefox 22 i then upgraded to 23 with the ff exe and it just froze my computer and now it will not boot up at all I cant even try safe mode it never gives me the option even if i turn it off wrong i then tried bootrec again to see if i could get into windows again and uninstall ff but it doesnt work :(

Wag

There's finally an add-on that lets you synchronise your Firefox bookmarks with Safari. Nice. Works with iPad, iPhone, Mac, etc, etc.

MattDoza

YouTube is working fine for me. This sounds like a problem on your end. Make sure your Flash plugin is up to date.

All of my plug-ins are up to date, just double checked that. I have no idea what's wrong. Even restarted with all add-ons disabled, nothing. This a bummer. This will force me back to Chrome until I, or an update, resolves this.

Update: I feel so dumb. Went through everything a third time. Triple checking, and just before I was going to uninstall, then reinstall, flash I thought to clear my cache. And that fixed it.

DonMigs85

Unhelpful responses? Do you know what that means, all three of your "Case in points" show me giving solutions to their problems, that sure is unhelpful huh. And rude? Yeah okay, he asked something and the solution was a few posts back, I can either copy/paste it for him or tell him where to look, after the fact he still couldn't find it so I gave it to him. I'm not even going to bother with your last case.

It's funny you talk about hyper-defensive don't you think? And sorry I don't have the patience of a saint for all the people who come in here saying "going back to Chrome" "Firefox is so buggy" "Firefox ruined Windows 7 and now I need to reformat", problems are fine the former is not .

Anyway thanks for the laugh with your weird stalking/attacking me post, it was really weird and funny, do feel free to keep me and the rest of GAF updated about how you really feel though.
Honestly you really do come off as rude and irritable. Probably an asshole in real life too.

Anyway, they still haven't fixed the occasional blurry/distorted font issue.
It appears to be some sort of conflict with IE10 but I can't find a fix.

Guri

Youtube's video player isn't working on 24. Just a black space where the video player is. Anyone else experiencing this?

I know you fixed that already, but for everyone using YouTube Center, that happened to me and I had to install their beta version.

Dany

Banned
I like the way that chrome on ios and chrome on my mac sync bookmarks, history and such so I could search for something on my phone and come to a page I saw on my mac.

This may be too much to ask but is there a way to sync firefox to chrome on ios?

Top Bottom