• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firingsquad.com - Nintendo double profits, But nobody over the age of 12 cares anyway

Ristamar

Jakub is a bit of an XBOX fanboy. I had guessed it was his story/comment before I even clicked the link. I'm not saying that to dismiss the news, but his slant is blatantly obvious to anyone who has read his features and editorials in recent years.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
skinnyrattler said:
Let me be the first to say it:
Doo...uh, I meant, Who the fuck is Firing Squad?

Some site that Thresh used to write for (unless he's still writing). Thresh = some dude that's good at Quake and stuff.

I've been weening myself off of firingsquad lately. The news articles are complete crap and usually littered with inaccuries. It used to be an awesome site when Thresh was running it, but it's really bottomed. I trust benchmarks more than Tom's Hardware (Another "Don't get me started"), but that's about all it's good for these days.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sho Nuff said:
Gaemcube lineup is vary mature!!!! etarnal darkness!!!

Actually, ED is probably one of the most "mature" games out there. Remember, the rating of "M" refers to what the GAMER should be.

Kon Tiki

Banned
Li Mu Bai said:
I'm over 12, & I care. Thereby making this article blatantly inaccurate & false.

Well the article is based on another article. It is the spin that you do not agree with.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Anyone with common sense would not prefer Mario Sunshine to a game that actually plays well, violence or lack thereof

jarrod

Banned
Anyone with common snese would realize that Mario Sunshine at least plays well despite whatever overall design flaws. :p

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Catchpenny said:
That site is the slobbering mongoloid love child of Evil Avatar and Tom's Hardware. Yuck.

Just what are you implying about slobbering mongoloid love children?

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Society said:
Well the article is based on another article. It is the spin that you do not agree with.

I'm sure the Nikkei & Nintendo's investors care. The "spin" is fanboyish & bias, & has no place on a "supposedly" credible gaming media site.

Li Mu Bai

Banned
Quote:
Nintendo doubles profits.

Firingsquad: But nobody over the age of 12 cares anyway. Amazing that in Q2 2003 only 80,000 GameCubes were shipped.

Strange how he fails to mention that Nintendo initially grossly overshipped by a few million units in Q1, & therefore stores possessed huge GC surpluses, so the demand obviously was not there.

MaddenNFL64

Kids 12 & under don't play the GC. The actual GC demographic is 16-50 year old men & women who don't mind playing games on a purple lunch box :p.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The Faceless Master said:
WTF is Thresh?

Some Asian dude who's good at Quake... one of my friends at school used to worship him, so we all made fun of him for that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone with common snese would realize that Mario Sunshine at least plays well despite whatever overall design flaws. :p

was that an intentional spelling mistake for this Nintendo thread? ;)

12 year old? Maybe that's why my nuts tingle when I read this news.

amazing how Ninty's profit doubled? Probably GBA. you guys are too quick to diss the cube; begone haterS~!

Li Mu Bai

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
12 year old? Maybe that's why my nuts tingle when I read this news.

amazing how Ninty's profit doubled? Probably GBA. you guys are too quick to diss the cube; begone haterS~!

Actually, it was the GC oddly enough.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Hey thanks for bringing this thread back LiMuBai I was wondering what happened to it.

okay. if you guys go to that link and have you mouse over the word "console" in the article. Its actually a link to some free xbox thing. And you wonder why they worded this article the way they did.

Top Bottom