• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First review of Uwe Boll's Alone in the Dark...

Meier

and it's surprisingly poor. Who would have guessed?

Oh dear lord where do I begin.

I just got back from a test screening of Alone in the Dark, the latest crap-fest from Uwe Boll. This is quite possibly the worst film I've seen period and I used to work for Troma.
If you ever thought that a focus group was for making a flawed film better, flush that notion down the toilet, when they found out that we rated the film poor we were not allowed to take part in the focus group, the screening people then ran franticly around trying to find anyone who thought this movie was anything above fair.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18564

Trevelyon

ben-kingsley02.jpg

"Oh... shit, I'm so screwed"

m0dus said:
holy hell, this jackass got the rights to Bloodrayne, too!

The end of days is indeed near.

The most amazing thing about that is that they have a 40 million dollar budget for Bloodrayne, yet look at the suit they managed to get for Rayne.

Oh my..I just checked and this guy has alot of game movies coming:

"JW: What’s next for you, FarCry?

UB: We are developing FarCry right now; I hope to get the first draft next week. We are also working on Fear Effect from Eidos, Dungeon Siege from Microsoft and also Hunter: The Reckoning. I must say the draft we have got for Hunter: The Reckoning is the best action game script I have ever read. I am very optimistic for that movie."

WTF?

NOOOOOOoooooOOOOOO!!!!

God...they go out of their way to find people with no talent. This guy is worse than Paul W. S. Anderson. And thats no easy task.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SolidSnakex said:

UB: We are developing FarCry right now; I hope to get the first draft next week. We are also working on Fear Effect from Eidos, Dungeon Siege from Microsoft and also Hunter: The Reckoning. I must say the draft we have got for Hunter: The Reckoning is the best action game script I have ever read. I am very optimistic for that movie."

WTF?

oh i cant wait for hunter the reckoning. Bikers and zombies are key elements in the equation for greatness.

quick question, who the fuck keeps giving the rights to this guy to make video game movies?!

SolidSnakex said:

WTF?

Okay I think I get it. You've got a bunch of IPs that don't really have much chance of getting picked by a proper producer/director/studio so you sell it to Uwe Boll. It's money you wouldn't have made anyway.

sp0rsk said:
oh i cant wait for hunter the reckoning. Bikers and zombies are key elements in the equation for greatness.

"UB: Its like a team, with Drew Schneider, Enrich Brundown working with White Wolf (People who make the game). From the beginning they had a great pitch. Its a very good script with all the rot, ghouls, skin rider, and poltergeist all in the one movie. Its really working well and I really like it. I want do this as the next movie if it’s possible, we will see. But the next four weeks I have to finish shooting BloodRayne."

The Bookerman said:
Boll: "All your game franchises belong to me!"

Is he on a mission to destroy every goddamn videogame franchise in history?

I think the late-90s/early-00s rush to buy up the movie rights any successful game have passed. I think most publishers are glad there's still a nutjob who'll seemingly pick up anything.

Its really working well and I really like it. I want do this as the next movie if it’s possible, we will see. But the next four weeks I have to finish shooting BloodRayne."
He sounds completely bummed that BloodRayne is getting in the way of this movie.

Prince of Space said:
He sounds completely bummed that BloodRayne is getting in the way of this movie.

He seems very excited about getting to shoot a nude scene in Bloodrayne though:

JW: Yes, I remember you said early on the actor would have to be able to appear nude.

UB: ehhh....well we have not shot it yet, we will be doing it in two weeks and will see how far we can go (lot of laughs)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is quite possibly the worst film I've seen period and I used to work for Troma.
This must be the most terrible comment regarding a movie I've ever read. It can't go worse than this.

Lakitu

st5fu
Who or what is Troma?

And that sounds pretty damn horrible, die Uwe Boll or quit making movies, whichever you want!

Lakitu said:
Who or what is Troma?

And that sounds pretty damn horrible, die Uwe Boll or quit making movies, whichever you want!

They're the film studio that made the Toxic Avenger films and such. Basically as B Movie as you can get. Really low budget, really bad acting and over the top gore.

Memles

Lakitu said:
Who or what is Troma?

Ever seen Beat the Geeks? Most of the time, if you beat the movie geek, you get to be killed in a Troma film. Basically, cheap ass horror films.

Top Bottom