• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Spider-Man: Homecoming reactions

I want spidey to be so good that I'm literally making delusions in my head that these are some biased or paid reviews because I deeply don't want it to suck 😭

Oh my God what a great idea.

MCU Uncle Ben's death scene:

100.gif

This got me laughing pretty good

I guaranfriggintee you that Michael Keaton doesn't have a fourth as much depth as Alfred Molina

Well probably not because they're different villains.

Ock in SM2 was supposed to be personal.

This is more about Peter coming to real grips with "Great responsibility" than a personal conflict.

Still think ASM is a really solid movie. Raimi's 1 and 2 are my favorites though. God, I'm so excited for Homecoming though.

I liked ASM1, too. ASM2 went off the rains (in a secret spy subway station) after that first Spidey scene.

I'll admit my opinion of ASM1 is influenced by some of the original story and character beats. What's in theaters is fine too but they messed with it too much.

rogue74

I think Raimi's Spider-Man 1 had aged poorly. Great first half butt goes to shit once that god awful Green Goblin costume enters the picture.

Bronx-Man

Banned
And when that story was adapted to film, it literally just became a juvenile male power fantasy. Complete with gratuitous TnA and an altered ending to delineate a "morally superior" side. And replacing the long, plodding, painful dialogue at the end with a WICKED SICK KUNG FU FIGHT.

giphy.gif

God, the Watchmen movie sucks.

Not bad, hard to top Spider-Man 2, but still good. Damn they really nailed it with Spider-Man 2.

I do wonder however who the dude is that plays Uncle Ben in the photos.

Off topic but I recently saw that scene has almost 12 million views on YouTube and I have no idea why. And it was only uploaded in March!

Wow, I never realized how terrible that scene was until just now. I still think Andrew Garfield is fucking spectacular and you can see little flashes of it here, but the writing and scenario of that scene is such a joke, he could clearly only do so much.

Off topic but I recently saw that scene has almost 12 million views on YouTube and I have no idea why. And it was only uploaded in March!

Something tells me "Peter Parker vs Flash" had people expecting some Marvel vs DC thing despite everything else indicating otherwise.

Or there are a lot of fans of this movie, which is... odd.
That, and Spider-Man videos just tend to get a lot of views. The first ten minutes of ASM2 has 142 million views, for instance.

Wow, I never realized how terrible that scene was until just now. I still think Andrew Garfield is fucking spectacular and you can see little flashes of it here, but the writing and scenario of that scene is such a joke, he could clearly only do so much.

Woof, it's especially garbage when viewing it in 60 frames per second.

If anyone knows the post credits scenes PM me. I'm curious. Unless they're worth just being in the theater for.

I don't know that anybody would be able to say beyond a possible mid-credits scene, because these pre-theatrical run screenings tend to omit the final post-credits scene if they have two.

Though I wonder how Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 handled considering they had a whole handful of scenes.

Top Bottom