• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT5| Intermittent Farting, Wrist Curls and Hammer Strength Machine Spotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanR1221

Blah, shitty OHP day today. Only hit 3 on 125, then 2. I threw in another 2 for good measure. I wanted 2x5. Of course then a guy walked up and banged out 135x10 like it was nothing. Confidence booster lol.

I really think I gotta keep focusing on my dips. Build up my triceps.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Alienshogun those look really solid! Great lifts. I'm jealous.

Thanks!

154x5 LTE Not destroying much here LOL

Still strong as hell and lean as shit too. Cat even makes a cameo. What's that music?

In my limited experience I've found this to be true. There are many factors that can 'break the kinetic chain' that only pop up with heavy weights that can't really be perceived when doing lighter weights, even with high reps. The CNS also has to adapt to the heavy efforts, it has to learn to 'grind that shit up'. That can only be learned with heavy weights and that's why heavy singles are so valuable.

My calculated 1RM on Deadlift is like 500lb, and I can tell you with complete and utter certitude that there's no way I'm able to lift that right now. No way on Earth, even with a gun to my head.

Awesome Deadlift PR by the way. Can't wait until I get to 5 plates myself.

Thanks man, and it will come.

Anyone here have tennis elbow? How do you guys lift with it?

I get it from time to time, rarely now with my programming and the sleeves I wear. And when it does pop up my massage therapist fixes it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else get headaches when lifting? I've been getting them more frequently lately

I get them sometimes. It's usually from stress and clenching my jaw all day combined with using the valsalva maneuver while lifting though.

Blah, shitty OHP day today. Only hit 3 on 125, then 2. I threw in another 2 for good measure. I wanted 2x5. Of course then a guy walked up and banged out 135x10 like it was nothing. Confidence booster lol.

I really think I gotta keep focusing on my dips. Build up my triceps.

I've found dips/LTE and incline bench all help improve my press.

BTW. Shitty OHP days just happen man. One week you'll bang out 225 for 5. The next week you'll be lucky to get 195 for 3, lol. Don't let OHP/Military get you down at all. If anything see it as a glorified bench assistance.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Good stuff, nice home gym too.

The Cat in the background, what's his deadlift?

Lol I shit you not she has traps, she'll sit on the kitchen counter and flex for food. She has two 20lbs cats to wrestle with.

Thanks!

Still strong as hell and lean as shit too. Cat even makes a cameo. What's that music?

Cypress Hill

Hopefully I get some strenf back soon, been eating burgers everyday this week, shit is anabrolic. I'll try to get 178x5 lte next week, maybe 330x5 cgbp and some rows on vid though my ul speeds are terrible...

Was 198 yesterday after supper, 192 after work :/

SeanR1221

I've found dips/LTE and incline bench all help improve my press.

BTW. Shitty OHP days just happen man. One week you'll bang out 225 for 5. The next week you'll be lucky to get 195 for 3, lol. Don't let OHP/Military get you down at all. If anything see it as a glorified bench assistance.

This is why I <3 Fitgaf. Thanks man :)

MTP, I think those are the heaviest LTEs I e ever witnessed. Looking at your home gym all I could think about was you squatting and getting whifs of cat poo.

Szu

Wow, on the way to the gym, I started to get an aching pain in my lower back. Then, the rest of my back started to tighten up. Everything was telling me to just turn around and go home.

Fuck that shit!!

I threw my carcass on the gym floor and knocked out a good session of shoulders and triceps. However, the back pain wasn't completely gone. Maybe it was the adrenaline or the great selection of yoga pants walking around, I didn't focus on the pain.

But when my workout started to wind down, the aches couldn't be ignored. I still had to get in a few core workouts. I found my favorite bench and flew right into dragon flags. Once I got my body to hover an inch off the bench, I felt my spine realign itself. The pain was gone!! Needless to say, it motivated me to do another 6 sets.

Feels good, man!!

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So this is 10 days into my cut. I'm down about 7 pounds. I snapped this right when I woke up if you can't tell. haha!

4-18-13.jpg

Looking great Cooter, and that's only 10 days? I can see you started already quite lean, you could probably do photoshoots by the end of it lol.

I started my cut 4 days ago at 87.5kg/193lbs (5"10), was eating around 3500cals a day on the bulk, myfitnesspal says I should eat around 2500 to lose a pound a week, I already lost 5 pounds lol, but I'm sleeping kinda hungry.

Cooter

Looking great Cooter, and that's only 10 days? I can see you started already quite lean, you could probably do photoshoots by the end of it lol.

I started my cut 4 days ago at 87.5kg/193lbs (5"10), was eating around 3500cals a day, myfitnesspal says I should eat around 2500 to lose a pound a week, I already lost 5 pounds lol, but I'm sleeping kinda hungry.
Yeah, I was pretty lean to begin with. I was 190 (5"10) and my estimation on bf% was about 10-11.

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for the kind words guys!

Cooter

Well done, Cooter!

Did you shave/trim your chest hair?
Just a trim. Probably a .25 inch if I had to guess.

Anyone in this thread is more than welcome to join Chimp Fitness! That's what I would name my gym if I ever opened one. My friend and I are the only "members" right now. We like to say it's all about muscle fiber density. The goal is to be much stronger than we look.

agrajag

Banned
God damn, nothing but beasts up in here. Wayne, you are a scary, scary man. I mean that in the best possible way. An inspiration to us all!

Mr Tough Pants is also someone who I always pay attention to when lifting is concerned.Your guys' numbers are astronomical to me!

Cooter, I hope I have a similar physique to you one day! Very inspiring.

I've been avoiding any kind of pressing or pulling movements with my arms for the past two weeks due to this nagging tennis elbow I've had. I've had it for about a month, and I kept re-aggravating it when I lifted. So I just decided to take it easy for a while and get some sleeves. The elbow has been feeling good the last couple of days though. Probably gonna go lift tonight, a little anxious about it.

abuC

Just got home from the gym, my endurance is getting much better, did decline 255 10x10 (hypertrophy day) and the big news..........ya boy did chest flys for the first time in 4 months

tumblr_m8q5btzova1ra18l2o1_400.gif

It was only 30lbs but there's no more "tearing" feeling in my shoulder when I do them, yeaahhhhhhhh budddddyyyyyy.

Cooter

Dayummm MTP! You hope to get 330x5 on CGBP and you weigh 192 pounds! Much respect! Please tell me you're 5'2 so I can still keep a little of my pride. Wow!

Demon Ice

Banned
Good god, Cooter. That's my ideal physique, and I'm jealous as hell, well done. You already look crazy leanl, how much more weight are you planning on cutting?

Cooter

Good god, Cooter. That's my ideal physique, and I'm jealous as hell, well done. You already look crazy leanl, how much more weight are you planning on cutting?
Thank you. Usually when I wake up one day and feel small is when I know it's time to maintain.

After one particular cut I actually put on 10lbs within 3 days.

OG Kush

when I started doing dedicated forearm work my elbow pains started to go away. not sure if I had tennis elbow or what but may be worth looking into.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Cooter, absolutely perfect body, congrats man.

What training program are you on and how much do you roughly lift on the key lifts? How long has it taken to build up all that muscle mass?

I envy all you young guys. it's a very humbling thing to admit to yourself that you just can't do it like you used to. My recovery time, coupled with the physically taxing job I have, makes it hard for me to stay on track. There always seems to be some nagging injury or setback that interrupts my training. I went back to the gym last week for the first time since the Hurricane Sandy aftermath, I'm going with SS, and I'm absolutely miserable with DOMS lol.

Szu

I envy all you young guys. it's a very humbling thing to admit to yourself that you just can't do it like you used to. My recovery time, coupled with the physically taxing job I have, makes it hard for me to stay on track. There always seems to be some nagging injury or setback that interrupts my training. I went back to the gym last week for the first time since the Hurricane Sandy aftermath, I'm going with SS, and I'm absolutely miserable with DOMS lol.

But you still went back and effort definitely counts in my book.

Mully

Sprained my ankle pretty badly last night while fighting a residential fire. I didn't notice it until five hours later. ER confirmed everything earlier this morning, but yep, I'm fucked.

Petrie

Banned

just bought 3 boxes of individual bars, stacked with the buy 3 get 1 free, making it $15 a box including tax here in NY. so awesome. wish they carried the damn PB cups though.

guy told me he'd let me do as many seperate transactions as I wanted, so I'll be back next week to stock up on the cookie dough when they come back in stock!

EdIT

For the new page! $10 off 20 coupon for GNC that makes quest bars $15 a box! get it while it's hot!

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=597597...csc=2260489&amp;csa=420131871&amp;csu=2260622

Cudder

just bought 3 boxes of individual bars, stacked with the buy 3 get 1 free, making it $15 a box including tax here in NY. so awesome. wish they carried the damn PB cups though.

guy told me he'd let me do as many seperate transactions as I wanted, so I'll be back next week to stock up on the cookie dough when they come back in stock!

EdIT

For the new page! $10 off 20 coupon for GNC that makes quest bars $15 a box! get it while it's hot!

http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=597597...csc=2260489&amp;csa=420131871&amp;csu=2260622

but Canada :(

Reposting this for people with 50ppp.

I've just now come to realize this. Just because you can do 425 for 11 on deadlift doesn't mean you can do 565+ on deadlift. Many other things come into play at maximal weights. The only way to really get that kind of weight is to work with heavy weight in your hands. IMO the 3RM or even 5RM are going to be more accurate, and even then I wouldn't (and won't be) claiming those as maxes anymore (even when labeled as "calculated maxes) as it's simply not honest. Especially if you're taking a very high rep calculation.

So don't be afraid of heavy weights. Get that shit in your hands if you want to get stronger.

Stupid impressive man. Good job!

And I agree with you regarding the estimated 1RM. I never take that into account but it is a nice goal to see if you can shoot for.

So this is 10 days into my cut. I'm down about 7 pounds. I snapped this right when I woke up if you can't tell. haha!

4-18-13.jpg

Nice dood!

Cooter

Cooter, absolutely perfect body, congrats man.

What training program are you on and how much do you roughly lift on the key lifts? How long has it taken to build up all that muscle mass?

Thanks. I started lifting at 13 but really seriously began paying attention about 4 years ago.

My routine is as follows:

M- Chest/bis
T- Legs/pullups
W- off or cardio
TH- Delts/tris
F- Legs (hi rep squats)
S- Back/traps
S- off

All my sets and reps are 10,8,6,4 finishing the fourth as heavy as possible. For shoulder raises I do 12,10,8,6 and for traps I do sets of 20 and finish with 4x10 as heavy as possible. On hi rep squat days I do 15,12,10,8,6 and on normal squat days I do 5x5.

Rough max on key lifts excluding DL because I'm letting my lower back heal right now.

Squat- 430
BP- 350
OHP- 215

If you want even more detail feel free to pm me. Also, I do a lot of pullups. They're the best! Body weight and weighted.

Thanks. I started lifting at 13 but really seriously began paying attention about 4 years ago.

My routine is as follows:

M- Chest/bis
T- Legs/pullups
W- off or cardio
TH- Delts/tris
F- Legs (hi rep squats)
S- Back/traps
S- off

All my sets and reps are 10,8,6,4 finishing the fourth as heavy as possible. For shoulder raises I do 12,10,8,6 and for traps I do sets of 20 and finish with 4x10 as heavy as possible. On hi rep squat days I do 15,12,10,8,6 and on normal squat days I do 5x5.

Rough max on key lifts excluding DL because I'm letting my lower back heal right now.

Squat- 430
BP- 350
OHP- 215

If you want even more detail feel free to pm me. Also, I do a lot of pullups. They're the best! Body weight and weighted.

good numbers.

Height? Weight? I'm sure you mentioned it before.

non related lifting stuff but
HNBkMVG.png

im in love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom